What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 MBB Dance Card Resume

Composite on BracketMatrix had WSU as a 7-seed and CU as an 11-seed entering yesterday (hasn't updated yet today).

CU is #26 NET with #24 KenPom. WSU is 43/41.

If we beat them tonight, we'll both be 24-9 with CU winning 2/3 head-to-head.

The case seems to be there for CU to make a major move with where we're projected if we can get this dub.

Two things that I thought would be a defense for CU that aren’t, apparently, are, one, we had several close road losses while missing 1, 2, or 3 of our starting 5 and, two, we’ve finished the season on an impressive streak.

My understanding, and correct me if I’m wrong, is that how a team finished the season carried more importance to the selection committee in prior years but, apparently, that changed a couple of years back? Because intuitively I’d think a, say, Q1 win in March would carry more weight than one in December.

This stuff makes me crazy.

Two things that I thought would be a defense for CU that aren’t, apparently, are, one, we had several close road losses while missing 1, 2, or 3 of our starting 5 and, two, we’ve finished the season on an impressive streak.

My understanding, and correct me if I’m wrong, is that how a team finished the season carried more importance to the selection committee in prior years but, apparently, that changed a couple of years back? Because intuitively I’d think a, say, Q1 win in March would carry more weight than one in December.

This stuff makes me crazy.
I think that how you're playing lately (also health/availability of key players) isn't all that relevant for selection but factors in fairly significantly for seeding - which I think is fair. So the team being hot + Cody being back should be of benefit to us for seeding.

I wouldn't hate it if we were paired with the last #1 seed. I don't think Tennessee & North Carolina (whichever it is) are any different than the 3 seeds. But please don't make us have to get through Houston, Uconn or a very hungry Purdue in order to make the Sweet 16.
Honestly, I'd rather face Purdue of any of those 5. They have a very specific way that they play that I think we'd match up well with. Think Utah, but better on the perimeter. Uconn is a nightmare matchup if it were to come to that.

Honestly, I'd rather face Purdue of any of those 5. They have a very specific way that they play that I think we'd match up well with. Think Utah, but better on the perimeter. Uconn is a nightmare matchup if it were to come to that.
I want no part of Houston. Defensively and on the offensive glass, they're everything FSU & UA punished us with but much better at it.

Back