What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Pac 12 Tourney thread- #5 seed WOMEN'S bball (Las Vegas; 1st round game vs. #12 seed Oregon, Wednesday, 3/6, 1:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Network)

Ugh what an implosion. This is not the same team we watched in November and December. I wonder if something happened behind the scenes. Off topic, but did we recruit Beers? She's a Valor Christian grad...

Carol Callan says what she sees on the radio broadcast. She was upset with Beers flopping from the 4th quarter on.

There is no need to guard Wetta. She isn't going to shoot. I'd take my chances with her.

Quay disappeared at the end. Just disappeared.

This game played out like the games of the last 3 weeks. Gave it away in the 4th quarter.

Now we wait to see where we go as this team is not hosting.

This team looked tired the last month. Ran out of gas. Getting beat on the boards and going for loose balls, etc. Hopefully they can rest up and recover the next week+.

I get that they play her because of defense, but it seemed like every big OSU run happened when she was in the game instead of Nolan.
Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

Nolan and Sadler got no run and both have looked good
I like Wetta's defense, but no offense and for sure no 3's
We are not interested in getting our 3 point shooters open, and since we wait a long time into the shot clock, it is hard to get them open by then
The minutes from Sadler in the first half is why she got no run in the second - out of position, scrambling, no good movement on offense.

Ugh what an implosion. This is not the same team we watched in November and December. I wonder if something happened behind the scenes. Off topic, but did we recruit Beers? She's a Valor Christian grad...
Yes, JR & Co. did recruit Beers out of HS. She is buddies with Wetta. And with OSU getting screwed during conference realignment perhaps CU will get a second chance ;)

The minutes from Sadler in the first half is why she got no run in the second - out of position, scrambling, no good movement on offense.

Quay disappearing was actually looking back something that factored in bigly as well as Nolan being shelved

Quay disappearing was actually looking back something that factored in bigly as well as Nolan being shelved
Quay was obviously not part of the gameplan offensively. Not sure why, especially given yesterday. She did do a pretty good job shutting down (Gardiner? I think) until the 4th and OT (especially 2nd OT).

She's been so streaky lately - if she doesn't start off good on O, she just can't get going later in the game.

Quay was obviously not part of the gameplan offensively. Not sure why, especially given yesterday. She did do a pretty good job shutting down (Gardiner? I think) until the 4th and OT (especially 2nd OT).

She's been so streaky lately - if she doesn't start off good on O, she just can't get going later in the game.
A two post option would have been slick, cause Quay can score on her own in short range, so amazed that a Netti to Quay game was never established to throw off Beers

Was only following on twitter but I see we had a 12-point lead with ~7 minutes left in regulation and a 5-point lead in the first OT. Tough that we couldn't hang on to either of those leads.

Was only following on twitter but I see we had a 12-point lead with ~7 minutes left in regulation and a 5-point lead in the first OT. Tough that we couldn't hang on to either of those leads.
This is why I disagree so strongly with that "truism" we hear all the time in different sports about how it's so hard to beat a team 3 times in the same year. It's not. Once you've beaten someone twice, you're confident as hell that you're better and can take over & make the winning plays. Once you've lost to someone twice, you lack the confident certainty that you can finish them if you're up. The accurate statement would be that it's damn hard to beat a team that's already beaten you twice.

Scoring only 8 in the fourth was deadly, and it was in part due to unforced turnovers, four by Jaylyn. There were just too many poor decisions.

For good portions of the game CU did an outstanding job of limiting OSU's three point looks. Unfortunately, they hit two back to back in the fourth that were instrumental in the Beavers' comeback.

A two post option would have been slick, cause Quay can score on her own in short range, so amazed that a Netti to Quay game was never established to throw off Beers
Going to miss having Quay and Sherrod. Was really exciting that we were ranked in the top 5 this year. Will we even finish top 25 now with the dismal finish?

Going to miss having Quay and Sherrod. Was really exciting that we were ranked in the top 5 this year. Will we even finish top 25 now with the dismal finish?
Dude- it has been a disappointing few weeks to end the season in light of how it started, but they absolutely should and will be ranked. They are still number 14 in NET and had a BRUTAL stretch in the schedule. Using NET rankings, their losses came were
  • vs #18 (6 points)
  • @ #11 (1 point)
  • @ #13 (6 points)
  • @ #5 (8 points)
  • vs #28 (9 points)
  • Neutral #18 (OT-6 points)
The only real blemish is that loss at home vs. Wazzou by 9 points, but it's just a really unfortunate schedule stretch.

Dude- it has been a disappointing few weeks to end the season in light of how it started, but they absolutely should and will be ranked. They are still number 14 in NET and had a BRUTAL stretch in the schedule. Using NET rankings, their losses came were
  • vs #18 (6 points)
  • @ #11 (1 point)
  • @ #13 (6 points)
  • @ #5 (8 points)
  • vs #28 (9 points)
  • Neutral #18 (OT-6 points)
The only real blemish is that loss at home vs. Wazzou by 9 points, but it's just a really unfortunate schedule stretch.
I like your take but I guess I had higher hopes for this team than having to say that we’re a great team because we lost to other teams in close games. At the end of the day. A W is a W and an L is an L. It’s a pretty big blemish to be pretty consistently losing.

The committee definitely looks at how a team is playing at the end of the season. Over the past 4 weeks, the Buffs are 2-6, That does not bode well for the tournament.

This team has too many lapses in scoring. It keeps happening. It's been true all season. It cost them this game.

Just watched the presser and Sherrod said the loss was on her. I hope she realizes the loss was by the team and it's not on her shoulders alone.

This does not bode well for the Buffs. Notre Dame has an outstanding freshman in Hannah Hidalgo, who we probably can't stop.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 140625.png

Back