What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

Funny you bring up Dilfer because I recently had some interesting conversations with a couple people connected to that program. I got the feeling he may be on a very short leash.
Could it be that tirade he had at a coach that showed an egregious departure from being a reasonable, mature adult?

They been recruiting the portal since September if we keeping it a buck
How long is it until we start seeing kids recruited in part because they know and are popular with a lot of other top level players and we can use them to recruit the portal.

NCAA (in theory) can regulate when coaches from one school can contact players who are at another school but they can stop players from reaching out to the guys they knew from HS or from camps and recruiting trips.

Coach: Hey Jimmy, didn't you know that Smith kid, the big left tackle who ended up going to X school, he isn't playing a lot and he would sure look good blocking for you and our QB. Why don't you reach out to him and see if he would be interested in a little NIL money I might be able to find for him? Just keep it between us though, don't want anyone else getting jealous.

What this means is that if you're a damn good college QB who isn't projected to get drafted in the first 3 rounds, it would be a horrible business decision to go pro before your eligibility is used up.
Honestly the NIL is really helping kids like this.

Lots of guys are great college players with iffy pro prospects. These are the kids you see using grad transfers to get a bag. It might be the only money they ever make off football.

Honestly the NIL is really helping kids like this.

Lots of guys are great college players with iffy pro prospects. These are the kids you see using grad transfers to get a bag. It might be the only money they ever make off football.
Agreed. I was observing, not criticizing. The norms have shifted in a big way. I don't see much negative with this other than what I've seen as a sports fan with pro free agency in my lifetime - fans/cities don't develop the same relationships with players and the players don't identify as much with where they're playing or care as much about rivalries & traditions. I think the NBA probably has the right idea with its salary structure in the CBA which makes it so the current team is usually able to offer more.

Unless there's a change of plans & 2 goes pro, no way on that one. Ward's not using his final year of eligibility to hold a clipboard.
Oh, no kidding. These are more names to watch to enter on Monday. I don't think we pursue anyone on the list here.

Back