What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

Would be interesting to look at the transfers we picked up for 2023, what their contribution was compared to their contribution prior.

Because it sure seems like the guys with higher ratings but for whatever reason, hadn't contributed much before getting here, pretty much didn't contribute this year either. Coach prime took some flyers on some guys based on their past cred (high school), and for the most part, didn't seem to really work out as rehab projects. The Dartmouth guy may not have lived up to the hype, but he was certainly solid.

Would be interesting to look at the transfers we picked up for 2023, what their contribution was compared to their contribution prior.

Because it sure seems like the guys with higher ratings but for whatever reason, hadn't contributed much before getting here, pretty much didn't contribute this year either. Coach prime took some flyers on some guys based on their past cred (high school), and for the most part, didn't seem to really work out as rehab projects. The Dartmouth guy may not have lived up to the hype, but he was certainly solid.
For the most part, the guys who had an 88+ rating were at least solid role players. The exceptions were Traore, Omarion Cooper, McCaskill and Kennedy, who were coming off of knee injuries. The injury risks didn't pan out, but for the most part, they did ok with the highly rated guys.

Brown and Gaines were overrated from their JSU time, and most of the rest of the guys who didn't show much were the guys who never saw the field for their former team. Most weren't all that highly regarded coming in though.

For the most part, the guys who had an 88+ rating were at least solid role players. The exceptions were Traore, Omarion Cooper, McCaskill and Kennedy, who were coming off of knee injuries. The injury risks didn't pan out, but for the most part, they did ok with the highly rated guys.

Brown and Gaines were overrated from their JSU time, and most of the rest of the guys who didn't show much were the guys who never saw the field for their former team. Most weren't all that highly regarded coming in though.
Was Smalls a one and done?

Brace yourself for the national uproar over the players abandoning Deion Sanders. 😂

Best of luck to Stacks.
I HONESTLY DID NOT THINK HE WAS STILL ON THE TEAM. WTF?
Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

You aren't considering Omarion Cooper at least a solid role player? Guy started most of the year and while he wasn't elite, he wasn't bad either.

You aren't considering Omarion Cooper at least a solid role player? Guy started most of the year and while he wasn't elite, he wasn't bad either.
He probably is. Based on some of the comments here when he transferred, he seemed to fail to meet expectations, but you're right, he was solid. So replace him with Smalls. I'm sure I missed someone else in there too, but overall, the guys that missed weren't rated all that highly. They were filler.

It's like if NFL players had year to year contracts and Patrick Mahomes got to open the entire league up to bidding for his services each year.

The major power players in College football (conference commissioners and CFP) need to figure out how to move everything under one central governing body and create more level set rules. This isn't sustainable.

If a player enters the transfer portal, can they still play in games for their former team (championship and/or bowl game)?

Doesn't need to start right now. Would sit one year behind a top 5 QB in the country in an offense that's likely designed to develop NFL style QBs. A lot of smoke around something big happening at QB. Prime and Chip are very close but will play in different conferences next year.

Am I crazy to think CU could be a landing spot for Moore?

Doesn't need to start right now. Would sit one year behind a top 5 QB in the country in an offense that's likely designed to develop NFL style QBs. A lot of smoke around something big happening at QB. Prime and Chip are very close but will play in different conferences next year.

Am I crazy to think CU could be a landing spot for Moore?
Yeah, you're crazy...but I dig it.

It's like if NFL players had year to year contracts and Patrick Mahomes got to open the entire league up to bidding for his services each year.

The major power players in College football (conference commissioners and CFP) need to figure out how to move everything under one central governing body and create more level set rules. This isn't sustainable.

The problem is that there's zero compensation and that players can just say see ya if they perform well and attract "better" offers or roles at "bigger" schools. That essentially makes any kind of player development pointless if you're never gonna see the spoils of the work you did with the players.

I wouldn't say Gaines was overrated. He has a skill set we couldn't use because of our OL.

Brown was brought here for culture reasons and leadership but it's impossible to be a 6' 210 edge rusher running a 4.7 at the P5 level regardless of how good of a football player you are. You just don't physically belong.

The problem is that there's zero compensation and that players can just say see ya if they perform well and attract "better" offers or roles at "bigger" schools. That essentially makes any kind of player development pointless if you're never gonna see the spoils of the work you did with the players.
I think in the future one governing body league, this transfer nonsense will be outlawed or at least regulated to an extent where players won't be doing it as much. You can't build, develop and manage a roster the way things are trending. It's not sustainable. I don't know exactly what or how is going to be done, but I can't imagine coaches and ADs (and ultimately the Presidents) want this wild west set up.

I think in the future one governing body league, this transfer nonsense will be outlawed or at least regulated to an extent where players won't be doing it as much. You can't build, develop and manage a roster the way things are trending. It's not sustainable. I don't know exactly what or how is going to be done, but I can't imagine coaches and ADs (and ultimately the Presidents) want this wild west set up.

The key is some sort of compensation as right now one of the three parties involved is just SOL.

Back