What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

How other programs couldn’t see what he was going to do with the backing of a P5 program is beyond me

68e4351c-734d-48ed-aff8-bdf901718846_text.gif
Unfortunately there are a lot of schools that would not consider an FCS coach, no matter what. There are some that would not really consider a black coach either, or at least a coach with Prime's unique & brash style of coaching. And I think we also got lucky that the openings this year were limited & most were not a good fit for Prime. He was ready this year, he needed a school that did not have an incumbent QB, and that was starving for success.

Notice how when the new rules they loved all of a sudden need to be changed when OU, Bama, UGA, OSU, aTm et al are all of a sudden losing talent to Colorado instead of being the ones poaching?
I think it has less to do with CU and more to do with Coach Prime. The Saban’s and the Jimbo Fishers of the world are going to be crying in their milk that “all a team has to do is hire a hip hop star now?!?!? What about the real FB coaches?” 😡😡

**** ‘em

Notice how when the new rules they loved all of a sudden need to be changed when OU, Bama, UGA, OSU, aTm et al are all of a sudden losing talent to Colorado instead of being the ones poaching?
They will probably start bringing star power on their staff to recruit.

Scholarships are guaranteed in that they have one as long as the SA is eligible for one, right? Meaning a violation of team rules or medically retiring would void the scholarship, correct?
I believe medical retirement is irrelevant. Scholarship stays. I believe team rule violations get a hearing with the school’s disciplinary committee along with the AD’s representative to determine severity.

The hopium I’m smoking makes me wonder about all of these random 5⭐️ entering the portal. Are they just testing the market, if so, great. Or is there a reason that a bunch of guys who weren’t expected to go anywhere are suddenly hopping in the portal. Someone in their ear maybe.

two starting Alabama OL aren’t just hopping in the portal for better NIL or ****s and giggles. There’s gotta be more there.

Last edited:
The hopium I’m smoking makes me wonder about all of these random 5⭐️ entering the portal. Are they just testing the market, if so, great. Or is there a reason that a bunch of guys who weren’t expected to go anywhere are suddenly hopping in the portal. Simone in their ear maybe.

two starting Alabama OL aren’t just hopping in the portal for better NIL or ****s and giggles. There’s gotta be more there.
Who's Simone? Pics or gtfo.

I believe medical retirement is irrelevant. Scholarship stays. I believe team rule violations get a hearing with the school’s disciplinary committee along with the AD’s representative to determine severity.
Then I assume a medical retirement does not count under the 85 cap

So Matt Mc needs to get/stay tight with the coaches at CSU, WY, NM, and FCS schools.
I knew this was coming. He and Logan were pumped about the hire, but it won't take long for them to realize very few CO kids will be on the roster. Their excitement will turn to publishing anger - I didn't think it would take two days to begin...

The hopium I’m smoking makes me wonder about all of these random 5⭐️ entering the portal. Are they just testing the market, if so, great. Or is there a reason that a bunch of guys who weren’t expected to go anywhere are suddenly hopping in the portal. Simone in their ear maybe.

Recruiting for most schools is identifying lots of talent and selling them only the best case scenario. Player NIL deals aren’t getting paid. Promises from coaches go unfulfilled.

When the player feels duped and that there are other opportunities available, the portal provides a lifeline.

One thing I love about Prime is his brutal honesty. When he was at JSU and asked if he’d consider and/or leave a P5 opportunity, he stated unequivocally that he would both consider and leave for the right opportunity. He tells the players the unvarnished truth. Expectations are crystal clear.

Back