What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Using 247,there are 32 five star players each year, corresponding to 32 first round picks in the NFL. The number of four star players varies but usually is in the 350 range. So, I would think of the four and five stars as a top 400 list.

For more info, read this:

and the Buffs should have 15 of the 32 five stars each year, with another 5-10 four stars I guess - four stars seem like a floor level talent for CU

How long has this On3 recruiting site been around? I stopped heavily following recruiting around 3 months into KD's tenure and I don't remember them before that time. Were they around and just not quite big yet or are they very recent?

How long has this On3 recruiting site been around? I stopped heavily following recruiting around 3 months into KD's tenure and I don't remember them before that time. Were they around and just not quite big yet or are they very recent?
Feels like 2 or 3 years. They've really upped their coverage the last year.

Shannon Terry founded Rivals in 2000. Bought by yahoo!. He then founded 247 in 2010. He started On3 in 2021 after the 2016 CBS purchase of 247 (so probably was a 5-year non-compete).

Shannon Terry founded Rivals in 2000. Bought by yahoo!. He then founded 247 in 2010. He started On3 in 2021 after the 2016 CBS purchase of 247 (so probably was a 5-year non-compete).
Interesting business model. At some point, there’s going to be too much saturation, right? ESPN is kind of dying out w/r/t recruiting it seems, and Rivals is no longer the main site, so maybe it’s actually a great business model of poaching talent for the new companies and selling as the old ones fade

Did Prime honor his request to stay?

You couldn't actually put your name in the portal until 12/5. Anything announced before that was only expressing intent.
I highly doubt he would have decided to stay without being told he would be given the opportunity to compete here after we saw multiple guys decide to transfer AFTER the meeting with Prime.

Last edited:
I was actually hoping McCown would change his mind and stay. But whatever. He is definitely a project.

Is that good?
Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Back