What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

I am guessing the substitution of Becker for Mata has little to do with stats and kicking ability.

It is the other way around, Mata for Becker.
I think I am going to need @hokiehead to chime in on this one. If you are substituting Becker with Mata, I am pretty sure I stated it correctly with "the substitution of Becker for Mata". But I also expect to be completely wrong.

Would sure be nice if Nick Williams could bring at least one of these high profile A&M transfers
One has to wonder why Armond Hawkins would retweet. 👀

Or, maybe not wonder so much as lose their fvcking mind because we may damn well be getting this guy!
Feels Lord Of The Rings GIF

Last edited:
One has to wonder why Armond Hawkins would retweet. 👀

Or, maybe not wonder so much as lose their fvcking mind because we may damn well be getting this guy!
Feels Lord Of The Rings GIF
That certainly has to mean something. Would love if we could grab him and the Michigan transfer

Is Jake Pope entering the portal? 4* safety at Alabama from the 2022 class out of Buford, GA, where CU seems to have a great pipeline.

At a quick glance it looks like he’s trying to finger his own butt. I really didn’t like having to look closer

At a quick glance it looks like he’s trying to finger his own butt. I really didn’t like having to look closer
As @hokiehead might say, if you didn't like finding out by having to look closer - wouldn't that mean you were disappointed that he wasn't actually fingering his own butt?

Mata was 12 of 13 on FG last year with the one miss being blocked. Longest FG made was 38 yds, although it looks like JSU didn't settle for many FG. He was 50 for 51 on PAT's

although it looks like JSU didn't settle for many FG.

This.

If i see one more argument about Mata and Becker i might die. Holy shlit, we get it Mata had a long of 38. Becker, much longer. Did you ever think maybe, just perhaps, the offense JSU ran they didn't consider a FG unless it was say. 4th and 10 from the 25yd line and out?

Perhaps, just maybe, the staff envisions a high powered offense from us this year. Just because our offense was anemic last season, and making it to the 40 was a win and we could trot out a FG attempt, doesn't mean that is the case this year. Why do we even consider that normal?

For the first time in roughly 20 seasons, we have a roster full of studs now (not even counting who is coming) . Kids from winners and bowl teams. Difference makers. Playmakers. We have likely the type of roster capable of a 6-8 win difference turn. We spend 10 posts on each of those.

And spent 20 pages on a kicker. Everyone concerned about FGs... **** that. I want tuddys. I want 500yds, not the ~150yds we got last year. At this point, after last year, i don't care if we go for it on 4th down EVERY single time. I want to be entertained and have hope for once.

Perhaps, just maybe, the staff envisions a high powered offense from us this year. Just because our offense was anemic last season, and making it to the 40 was a win and we could trot out a FG attempt, doesn't mean that is the case this year. Why do we even consider that normal?

And spent 20 pages on a kicker. Everyone concerned about FGs... **** that. I want tuddys. I want 500yds, not the ~150yds we got last year. At this point, after last year, i don't care if we go for it on 4th down EVERY single time. I want to be entertained and have hope for once.
LOL. Ask Ohio State if a kicker is important.

LOL. Ask Ohio State if a kicker is important.

Remind me again of how many game winning FG chances we have had in the last.... let's go with 5 years.

Much less the pressure of 1st round playoffs.

If you are content scoring in 3's, you should be on bball. I want 6 at a time. Mata is serviceable, looks to be accurate.

Also, I don't recall downplaying the importance. Please quote that part alone for me.

Back