What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 KS RB Dylan Edwards (Signed to COLORADO)

Yes he was, until he found a donut shop. This might not be the case, but it's what it looked like to me. In high school he could get away with just functioning on natural ability. College, that changes a bit because there will be dudes you play against with just as much ability, if not more. Sucks because you can teach a player plenty of things, desire isn't one of them. We are very lucky to get Mr. Edwards. Dude is a weapon in quite a few areas and has ability you can't teach someone to have. What I've been thinking about is I wonder what his playing weight will be? Will he try to put on 10 to 15 or what? Whatever he and Prime decide he needs to do, I'm sure it'll get done. Honestly, I think he could play right now as talented as he is. Adding a few pounds might not be a bad idea though.
You can't coach desire but you can motivate people to bring it out.

There were multiple players in that class with Scott who never played to their recruiting ranking and to what looked like their talent level.

Prime is recruiting some serious talent but my impression of him is that when he is recruiting his energy is in recruiting, when it is time to play his energy is in playing at a high level.

There are always going to be recruits who don't live up to their expectations but that isn't something I expect to be easily accepted by this new staff.

Players will come here and succeed here because the coaches teach and expect NFL level buy in.

You can't coach desire but you can motivate SOME people to bring it out.

There were multiple players in that class with Scott who never played to their recruiting ranking and to what looked like their talent level.

Prime is recruiting some serious talent but my impression of him is that when he is recruiting his energy is in recruiting, when it is time to play his energy is in playing at a high level.

There are always going to be recruits who don't live up to their expectations but that isn't something I expect to be easily accepted by this new staff.

Players will come here and succeed here because the coaches teach and expect NFL level buy in.
Fify. Agree with the rest.

Speaking of BPurchase, was their state title game on tv like Fox RM or Altitude? They used to show them.

I'm ok with it if we roll with young RBs this year, especially if we don't lose Deion Smith. Smith isn't a workhorse, but he does some very positive things in space and catching the ball. Ideally we'd add a vet from the portal who can carry the load and would have to be beaten out by the youth, but I'm pretty comfortable relying on Edwards, Hankerson and Venn + Smith if that's how it plays out.

Back