What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

8/25 Games

A little extra motivation for UH tonight. Between the volcano and the hurricane, it's been a rough year for the islands. Solidarity and pride could drive a surprising performance in this game.

Plus the LL World Series team from Hawaii will be representing the US in the final tomorrow against South Korea ... some major karma going on.

Wyoming's defense is frickin nasty!

15-0 late in the 1st half and I don't think NM State has a 1st down. Very close to negative yards.

He's a pretty good QB. Nice mobility in the pocket, too. He has some quality WRs to throw it to, including his outlets to TE and RB. But the OL looks suspect and Hawaii wasn't capable to force too many throws into tight windows, so can't read too much into whether that offense translates against a better opponent. I don't think the CSU offense is as good as the team that almost hung 60 on Oregon State in the opener last year and then managed 3 points against a bad CU defense.

I predict their OL will have problems with the speed of our edge rushers. Hawai'i abused their RT a few times.

Wanted to second the comment I saw earlier, that Knox for CSU, is one of the worst looking P5 football players I've ever seen. Actually thought that freshman tackle for UH that the CSU LB said was slow was better than either tackle for CSU, and UH's ginger guard was the best O-lineman on the field by a mile.

Also, where the hell did Wyo find these beasts on the D-line?

15-0 late in the 1st half and I don't think NM State has a 1st down. Very close to negative yards.

Let's watch them against Wazzu-NMSU lost a ton, so let's not get real excited about what we're watching here.

Look, they have a game under their belt, don't overlook them. :DShenault, I hope you were watching though.

Several observations on them after tonight-Their defense is garbage. They don't have studs up front like in the past when they've beat us, and they haven't figured out that they can't leave their secondary on islands. No reason why we shouldn't move the ball against them at will on Friday night. As far as what we saw offensively from them, they're okay up front, and they can run the ball. KJ Carta-Samuels is a decent G5 QB, and he showed that after they let it fly when they were down 37-7. That said, Bobo and his staff call plays like they're in the SEC (all they know). Try to assert your will using your run game, and don't put your QB in a position where he's gotta do too much. They'll stick with that Friday night. We've gotta jump on them-gotta get TDs the first couple times we have the ball. If we can do that and make them play from behind early, we'll probably blow them out.

CU has better players than hawaii. Given our change at OC, and the similarity of several plays, I think many concepts and route combos that gave csu trouble against hawaii will prove even deadlier against big bro on a short week. With Montez being a threat to run on occasion, with proper execution, friday will be a slaughter.

One thing that kind of got lost was the amount of risk Hawai'i took on 4th downs. They went for it, and were successful, a lot more than your standard team. Without that success (luck???), I think this game turns out vastly different and were all sitting here like, "oh ****, the Buffs better watch out." That being said, CSU still couldn't prevent all those fourth down conversions...but do the Buffs attempt that many?

Ghaifan and Granderson will be NFL guys. The MLB from Casper probably as well. It's a beastly defense.

One thing that kind of got lost was the amount of risk Hawai'i took on 4th downs. They went for it, and were successful, a lot more than your standard team. Without that success (luck???), I think this game turns out vastly different and were all sitting here like, "oh ****, the Buffs better watch out." That being said, CSU still couldn't prevent all those fourth down conversions...but do the Buffs attempt that many?

I agree that it seemed like they went for it alot on 4th down but they were actually only 2 for 2 on 4th downs, which led to 7 more points than if they had just kicked FG's instead (2-point conversion failed on one of their TD's). But the 2nd 4th-down conversion was at the CSU 29 which would've been about a 46-yard FG and there's no guarantee they would've made that, so the 4th-down conversions could've ended up leading to 10 more points.

Maybe it seemed like they went for it more because they were about to go for it on 4th down another time down near the goal line but after back-to-back TO's by both teams they opted for the FG.

If I was handicapping the MWC East this year, I'd go:

1. Boise State
2. Wyoming
3. Utah State
4. CSU
5. Air Force
6. New Mexico

And since Wyoming gets both BSU and USU at home I think they've got a legit chance to win the division. That defense is the best in G5 and the offense will develop over the next month.

Back