What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A ranking of Pac-12 Stadiums

There is a certain quaintness to Folsom's last millennium charm.

The restrooms directly under the East bleachers and in Balch Fieldhouse deserve historical status.

Vomit and other bodily fluids have stained Folsom dating back to the Lyndon B Johnson administration.

Even the stains have stains. Some of those blights and antique fictures should be sealed in lacquer and adorned with a memorial placard for the sake of posterity.

"On this site on Sept 21, 1968, Colorado beat Oregon 28-7 and CU fan Stewart Whitehead projectile vomited on this toilet and the surrounding vicinities."

and think about all the students who have passed through those gates in the wee hours of the night for the express purpose of coupling on the field! you can't wash out the memories!

Balch was a dump when I got to CU in 1985. We played hoops in there and Carlson and did pull ups in ROTC on those lovely exposed pipes and nothing's changed. It's embarrassing at this point.

At least we got new scoreboards to go with those permanent lights they put in several years ago on the west side.

But there are some significant issues with Balch, bathrooms, press box, bleachers, concessions and sound system.

Husky stadium is pretty solid at number 2. It's one of the more unique venues in the country. The big knock against it has been that the track creates too much separation between the crowd and the game but it looks like they are taking that out in the renovation.

Meh. I'm really not into husky stadium. Yes, it gets loud with that roof over the stands, and yes, there is a view of the lake. But I just hate the way it looks - to me, it's like overgrown bleachers at a high school stadium. There is no concourse to speak of, just old crappy concession stands built into the concrete bleachers. And the track is annoying.

I'm sure the rest of the amenities will be much nicer after the renovation, but for better or worse they are keeping the bleacher asthetic, which is my main gripe. And since I'm always sitting in the (crappy) visitor section, I guess I miss out on the views from the upper deck.

Back