What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All you ski haters.......

I get it, and I basically agree. Still, there could be a team out there that is willing to take a chance with a 2nd round pick on a kid who hustles and makes things happen, right?

No.

I like Ski, he played great, but he's probably the 7th or 8th in terms of NBA talent on the court last night.

Spencer, Scott, XJ, Moser, Artis, Dotson, Young

He's 6'2". :lol:

I get it, and I basically agree. Still, there could be a team out there that is willing to take a chance with a 2nd round pick on a kid who hustles and makes things happen, right? It's not like he'd be starting anywhere. Could be a great off-the-bench type player. Or maybe I'm just overselling his abilities. The more players we put in the league, the better.

who does he compare too? Ty Lawson maybe?

go look at the stats that Lawson put up in college as a true PG and you will have your answer. You need to remember that the NBA only takes 60 players per year, out of approximately 4563 players (351 teams, 13 scholarships), then you start adding in European players and they percentage gets even smaller. The bottom line is that unless you are an amazing athlete (Lebron, Durant) have freak size for you position (Lebron, Ming) or at a coveted position, the NBA really doesn't look at you. In the NBA, ski really doesn't have a position and can only guard one. you take a guy like Dre, who can play the 3 or maybe the 4 but can guard 1-4 and you can see why a player like him gets drafted.

I'm not going to argue with you guys. I know his limitations. I also know that he's had one hell of a year so far.

I'd think probably Europe. As pointed out, he doesn't really have a position for the NBA. That dude for the Nuggets isn't really a point though but can play it some, he's a great athlete too. Monte Ellis was a good comparison, maybe Tyron Lue but he was more of a true point, I think, seemed like he played for 20 years.

He isn't a PG, so he has little chance with his size. Only chance would be to become a elite level passer, but that isn't Ski's game.

At best, he would probably need to play a few years in the Euro leagues, dominant, and then could become a spark off the bench in the NBA, but he will never be a starter due to lack of size and strength and passing ability.

I think he can make a nice career playing overseas for 5-10 years. Nothing wrong with that. Actually, it is pretty good considering you make a good living and get to travel all around Europe.

He isn't a PG, so he has little chance with his size. Only chance would be to become a elite level passer, but that isn't Ski's game.

At best, he would probably need to play a few years in the Euro leagues, dominant, and then could become a spark off the bench in the NBA, but he will never be a starter due to lack of size and strength and passing ability.

I think he can make a nice career playing overseas for 5-10 years. Nothing wrong with that. Actually, it is pretty good considering you make a good living and get to travel all around Europe.

Levi's making some nice bread in Europe and Ski is a tad more talented and athletic than him. Wouldn't be so bad, making $300K or so, plus expenses while seeing the Old World!

Then, if you improve your game---say, become a drop-dead 3 shooter on top of your regular game, you have a chance in the Association.

Last edited:
It's true that you could do a lot worse than pulling in six figures while playing basketball in Europe. If Europe is in his future, I hope he goes someplace interesting.

It's true that you could do a lot worse than pulling in six figures while playing basketball in Europe. If Europe is in his future, I hope he goes someplace interesting.

Last night, I think he said he was a Scarlett Johansson guy. Maybe there's a team in one of the Nordic countries.

I will be glad when this kid graduates and we can move on. He can be great but he has too many games like this when we really need him to shine. Especially as a junior leader.

I will be glad when this kid graduates and we can move on. He can be great but he has too many games like this when we really need him to shine. Especially as a junior leader.
You pick his worst game of the year to make this statement?

How excited were you to come here and post this today? Must've been tough for you after the Oregon and KU games.

Hey guys, threw my self on my sword, admitted my sin, got my first neg rep ever, but go ahead fire away. Who's letting their frustrations over the game and Spencer's injury get to them now.

Ski needed to step up with Mayor out and he didn't. Very disappointing performance.

Ski is going to have to be consistent from here on out. We need him to be the leader on this team now and come each and every game.

Ski needed to step up with Mayor out and he didn't. Very disappointing performance.

Just wait and see how they react. I don't think it's fair to judge him immediately after Mayor getting knocked out. It's crushing to see the heart and soul of the team suffer a bad injury.

Rough game for him, but how he responds is the most important thing. He's maybe more important to the team now, then he even was before this game. Need him to lead this team, especially if Spencer is out for as long as most expect him to be.

Announcer called his actions in the first half 'a request to the coach to be pulled out'.

I do not have an opinion on Ski either way, but suffice it to say, today was not one of his finer moments...

Announcer called his actions in the first half 'a request to the coach to be pulled out'.

I do not have an opinion on Ski either way, but suffice it to say, today was not one of his finer moments...

My opinion is that he can play really well and the team is nearly unbeatable or he can play like he did tonight and give us almost no shot to win. What is scary is he just doesn't play well on the road.

2-21 on road trip.

He was also the 3rd leading scorer.....nobody had a good road-trip. I don't think it's fair to criticize him for not stepping up today (or anybody on the team for that matter). And Ski was a big reason CU beat WSU, he was the only one moving, penetrating and getting Scott involved in OT.

Rough game for him, but how he responds is the most important thing. He's maybe more important to the team now, then he even was before this game. Need him to lead this team, especially if Spencer is out for as long as most expect him to be.
Agreed on him being more important now.

He's one of those players you just have to take the good with the bad. I'm happy he's a Buff!

Back