What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Allbuffs Season Prediction Thread (Prepare to be mocked later)

Bowl Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that's a bit crude, even for you.
How so? Baylor really wanted to keep a known problem player on the team, and went to ridiculous lengths to try to make it happen.

Even if the intent was referring to the actual physical act of rape (and if I'm being honest, the intent was the double-entendre), I think it still makes an apt point which suggests that sometimes what people really, really, really want isn't the the right thing to make happen.

How so? Baylor really wanted to keep a known problem player on the team, and went to ridiculous lengths to try to make it happen.

Even if the intent was referring to the actual physical act of rape (and if I'm being honest, the intent was the double-entendre), I think it still makes an apt point which suggests that sometimes what people really, really, really want isn't the the right thing to make happen.
I was referring to the entendre. Obviously, the saying is neither factual nor good in all cases. I found your way of making the point just struck me a bit harsh this morning.
Cue the hypocrisy since I made fun of Jared (a little) in the subway thread.

Anyway, regardless of rankings or betting lines, I would never consider a win against CSU to count as an upset.

Season record: 9-5
Upset: Stanford
Best offensive player: Sefo
Best defensive player: Gillam
Breakout player: Carr
Most disappointing player: Nobody
Bold prediction: We win our bowl game against a top 20 opponent.

OK this is a best case scenario but I'm always an optimist before the first game of the year.

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-21_9-44-43.png
    upload_2015-8-21_9-44-43.png
    95 bytes · Views: 2
Nembot will be a first day selection after scouts see him in person. Freaky athletic, improvement every year, and no character concerns. People are gonna love what they see at the combine or pro day and he'll shoot up boards.

Season record: 7-6
Best chance for an upset: Arizona
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Spruce
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Thompson
Breakout player: Eddy Lopez
Most disappointing player: Kinney
Bold prediction: We make a top 25 appearance
Interesting, 7-6 and a top 25 appearance...If we start 7-0 I bet this actually could happen!

6-7
Best chance for upset: Arizona
Best offensive player: Spruce
Best defensive player: Crawley
Breakout player: Awini
Disappointing player: Kickers (They cost us a game and a bowl this year)
Bold prediction: Awini breaks out and earns himself honorable mention all-conference
I'm thinking if it's going down that route and a bowl game is in the line, we'll probably just go for it...whatever "it" is

All you folks who are predicting CSU as an automatic win because "they lost so much, including their best QB in years" might want to re-think that. Their all-world QB from last year apparently isn't very good:

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2015/8...-meets-tom-brady-drew-brees-greenbrier-resort
Are you trying to argue they didn't lose a lot and that's not a huge disadvantage?

Also didn't I say Grayson was a good college game manager but not a NFL QB? I believe I did.

In all honesty, Grayson had a pretty pedestrian game against us last year, as did Higgins, and they beat us by 2 TDs. He managed the game and had some intangible affects, I'm sure, but he was not the reason CSU won. Dee Hart, their OL and our own incompetence were the differences.

Or maybe Bubba could be an NFL QB?

Are you trying to argue they didn't lose a lot and that's not a huge disadvantage?

Also didn't I say Grayson was a good college game manager but not a NFL QB? I believe I did.

In all honesty, Grayson had a pretty pedestrian game against us last year, as did Higgins, and they beat us by 2 TDs. He managed the game and had some intangible affects, I'm sure, but he was not the reason CSU won. Dee Hart, their OL and our own incompetence were the differences.

I knew I could count on you guys.

So now we're not just beating Oregon but going 7-0? Forgive my laughter.

Hey. The thread clearly states "Prepare to be mocked LATER". You're jumping the gun. I don't think the mocking is supposed to start for at least a few weeks, maybe more. So cool your jets, cowboy.

Record: 5-8

3-1 non-conf with a huge meltdown with the loss
Offensive MVP: Sefo
Defensive MVP: Chidobe Awuzie
Most Surprising on Offense: Lindsay and OL
Most Surprising on Defense: Eddy Lopez and Moeller who turn in Strong seasons
Most Disappointing: Solis and Gillam.

Notes: Fire Neinas threads are prevalent throughout the season as he costs us at least one game. We field the strongest team in years but can't overcome a difficult schedule. No bowl game and only 3 conference wins in 3 years has MM's seat incredibly hot for '16. Spruce turns in a strong season and Nembot does well but doesn't garner all-conference looks. We field an improved D and Leavitt love is rampant

Record: 5-8

3-1 non-conf with a huge meltdown with the loss
Defensive MVP: Chidobe Awuzie
Most Surprising on Offense: Lindsay and OL
Most Surprising on Defense: Eddy Lopez and Moeller who turn in Strong seasons
Most Disappointing: Solis and Gillam.

Notes: Fire Neinas threads are prevalent throughout the season as he costs us at least one game. We field the strongest team in years but can't overcome a difficult schedule. No bowl game and only 3 conference wins in 3 years has MM's seat incredibly hot for '16. Spruce turns in a strong season and Nembot does well but doesn't garner all-conference looks. We field an improved D and Leavitt love is rampant
Closet optimist!

Hey. The thread clearly states "Prepare to be mocked LATER". You're jumping the gun. I don't think the mocking is supposed to start for at least a few weeks, maybe more. So cool your jets, cowboy.
So... that was posted EARLIER, right? See where I'm going with this?

7-6 + bowl win. We're competitive in every game. This season becomes the last season that Colorado is overlooked on the schedule for the next decade. Colorado cracks the top 15 within five years.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

This was a 'post your prediction' thread. Not a 'post your wet dream' thread. Try sensing the good in MM. You know it's there. Let go of your hate.

7-6

4-0 OOC with wins against Oregon St, Arizona, Stanford
Defensive MVP: Tedric T
Most Surprising on Offense: substantially improved run game
Most Surprising on Defense: Eddy Lopez
Most Disappointing: Spruce's numbers as he is double teamed all season long, but that opens up other options.

Back