What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arizona Game - Official Thread (10/7, 6 PM, Pac-12 Network)

Very convinced of two things:

We do not have good 3-4 defensive talent and would suggest we switch to a 4-3 and get the young talent on the field! I would rather see Callier in 90% of the time instead of Javier Edwards

Moeller is a safety, not a guy that should be up at the line. He cannot hold the edge, rush the passer, or tackle a great athletic player. I love him, but should just be a back end safety.

If this isn’t the game to bench Montez and burn some of those oline redshirts. I don’t know what is. Lose this game and the season is done

Good thing we really stepped up the recruiting after last years fluke ass luck or we might be staring down the barrel of the bottom of the standings for the foreseeable future.

I don't want them to take somebody out who's bleeding like Lindsay, but in BB they would have to. what's the logic

Should be obvious to anyone at this point. Blitz Montez and he panics.
You'd panic too if you had guys running untouched at you. Every time he drops back, the D is already running past our lineman. The oline is the problem here. They honestly cannot block anyone when we pass. If Lindgren was smart, he'd roll out Montez and throw back the opposite side to take the edge off their rush.

So frustrating. I think I'll check back after the game. I can't stand listening.

Let’s call it like it is. We aren’t very good.

The frustrating thing is I think if the O line was just ok in pass protection we would be. Would allow our solid group of receivers to get open. But Montez never has any time.

No excuse for the defensive performance tonight. Bad luck getting a QB you didn’t gamrplan for. But still.

Where our offense needs to progress is more designed rollouts. RPO on edge or get boot action with easy reads for QBSM. Having him sit in the pocket doesn’t work past the first read, so the coaches need to get him on the edge more frequently. With the success of our run game, our play action should be gutting UA for big plays over the middle and corner/post routes.

Why bench Montez?

Dude has 2 seconds, if that, every pass attempt.

Get new people on the o-line, but I don't see how Noyer is going to change things.

Create the offense around the strengths of the QB and the weakness of the OL. Lots of run, play action, move pocket, quicker throws for screens and other smart plays. The one call that would not be made is 5 step drop, multiple reads, and throws for the QB. This program took a huge step forward last year, and it was a collective effort. At this point, I am partially convinced that the some of the coaching staff are now over their heads and cannot move us farther ahead.

I think Mac gets out coached often. As a matter of fact, I think he's been out coached in every game except, MAYBE, CSU. And that one was a push at best. Think about it. We had more talent than Texas St. and UNC, but we were out coached. And last year we were out coached in the Big XII Championship and Alamo Bowl. I think Mac has maxed out. Or at least I worry that he has.

MM: "we can't tackle the QB" 5 carries for 125
total for az is 9 per carry

unfingreal

Back