What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arizona State is nothing to laugh at

I'm pretty sure I started this kickoff crap, and I really wish I hadn't.

Can we get this back on track?

College Football Lucas GIF by ESPN

I mean, this ain't no joke.
Weird use of a timeout.
Is that his punishment for not deferring?

I wonder if Prime instructs his players to call heads or tails. This is interesting.

Diaconis is a professor of mathematics and statistics at Stanford University and, formerly, a professional magician. What he and his fellow researchers discovered is that most games of chance involving coins aren’t as even as you’d think. For example, even the 50/50 coin toss really isn’t 50/50 — it’s closer to 51/49, biased toward whatever side was up when the coin was thrown into the air.

https://medium.com/nerd-for-tech/does-coin-flip-really-has-a-50-50-probability-9ac735888613

Interesting. Here's the full quote:

I think there's a chance that Dillingham is fired at ASU on the same timeline of Lewis getting a good CFB HC or NFL OC job. Could be that Dillingham is our next OC, given the relationship, Dillingham loving CO (vacations here), and him running the type of offense CP likes while having proven his chops at developing QBs (fixed Bo Nix).

ASU fans are not laughing. Well, they aren't pitching a fit either. They seem to have capitulated and are not following ASU football anymore. I half expect CU fans to outnumber ASU fans on Saturday.

Here are the most recent threads on the ASU 247 board:

- 2023 MLB
- Portal hopes and expectations
- 2023-24 Premier League
- NFL 2023 Regular season
- Punting cost ASU the game vs Cal
- TV/Movie/Pop Culture
- WOW, Nebraska!
I’ll take WOW, Nebraska for $1000. Could be some good stuff there.

I think there's a chance that Dillingham is fired at ASU on the same timeline of Lewis getting a good CFB HC or NFL OC job. Could be that Dillingham is our next OC, given the relationship, Dillingham loving CO (vacations here), and him running the type of offense CP likes while having proven his chops at developing QBs (fixed Bo Nix).

Why do we have to wait for him to be fired?

I think it's better to defer.

It allows you to dictate which end zone each team is defending and our South EZ but looking that direction can be into the sun depending on KO time, so I think it matters to get choice of that.
I could be wrong, but I thought at some point the teams switched directions during the game.

I'm referring to the 12% chance of "stealing" a possession. I guess I get your point that if you end the first half with possession, there has been an equal number of possessions. But having back to back possessions in the middle of the game - when the outcome is far less likely to be determined - is essentially a bonus possession. Just looking at total possessions in the game is a poor measure of value. The value must incorporate when that possession occurs. In this case, you have a 12% chance of getting a bonus possession when it matters most.
How often does a team, that will be receiving the ball to start the second half, actually score on the final possession of the first half?

So here is the post that Hokie is trying to pin Not Sure down on. Hahahahaha. I believe that this is all based on a Hokie misunderstanding.

Hokie. Is it so outrageous to suggest that the more three and outs that your offense has, the more possessions your opponents will have? And if you know your offense starts a little slowly, that maybe that consideration should be part of your game plan?

I'm not suggesting that Not Sure's post doesn't deserve some discussion. But my impression is that you're trying to doggedly hold him accountable to something he didn't say.

It was this one ☝️

I’m not sure, but I also thought Not Sure and some others were suggesting that deferring increases the probability of an additional possession - not in the 2nd half, but in the entire game. Again, I’m not sure, but that’s what I thought Not Sure was suggesting.
Hank has the right post.

The sentence in question:

Deferring to the second half has the potential to produce an extra offensive possession.

That's just wrong on its face, and anyone with basic numeracy skills can figure out that it's wrong.

Hank has the right post.

The sentence in question:

Deferring to the second half has the potential to produce an extra offensive possession.

That's just wrong on its face, and anyone with basic numeracy skills can figure out that it's wrong.
Did Not Sure write that? Well then, Hokie's right. He's a ****ing idot.

EDIT: But to be fair, if you look at posts 38 and 54, Hokie totally misunderstands the point and comes the **** out of nowhere with his question and subsequently frames this ****show on that misunderstanding.

Back