What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistant Coaches

Lindgren is by no means the problem. The offense is improved and can hang in the P12 for the first time since we joined. Sefo still seems to lock in on primary reads and is not as accurate, consistently, as P12 defenses require a QB to be.

Maybe asking Lindgren to limit the screen pass (AKA: the loss of two yards play) to once per half or once per quarter would satisfy most of the objection on this thread

I read on the board here that assistants were told to go after kids no one is looking at. So...I'm not sure if our recruiters aren't good or if they just can't go after 4-5* guys because that's what they were told to do.
Far from the truth

So you have nothing to add and are just taking weak ass shots now?

I don't need to take shots at you, your record speaks for itself. Not even sure what you are talking about with facilities. I think you believe that you are special because you are an intern at a sports marketing company. It used to be adorable.

I don't need to take shots at you, your record speaks for itself. Not even sure what you are talking about with facilities. I think you believe that you are special because you are an intern at a sports marketing company. It used to be adorable.
Sure seems like you are trying to take some weak ass shots. Saying that MM tells his assistants to find guys no one wants I'd asinine

Sure seems like you are trying to take some weak ass shots. Saying that MM tells his assistants to find guys no one wants I'd asinine

I didn't say that he was. I did say that you do not know if he was. You are acting like you know for sure.

Whether or not any coaching changes should be made, the facts are that CU's offense is #15 in total offense in the nation and 1 of 5 teams from the PAC 12 in the top 15. It's also the first CU offense in school history to avg over 400 yds of offense in 8 straight games.

Our defense is ranked 106th and allows 5.6 yards per run play (2nd worst of the FBS power 5).

Our defense is ranked 106th and allows 5.6 yards per run play (2nd worst of the FBS power 5).

If only we had a QB who could compensate even more for the shortcoming of CU's porous defense and mistake prone special teams coverage.

Sefo is just not playing at a high enough level to carry the burden caused by weaknesses in the other phases of the game.

If only we had a QB who could compensate even more for the shortcoming of CU's porous defense and mistake prone special teams coverage.

Sefo is just not playing at a high enough level to carry the burden caused by weaknesses in the other phases of the game.
Hell. Manning might not be able to play at a high enough level to cover those conditions. One less INT every game would really, really help though.

So LMAO at you guys calling for offensive assistant changes. This from the ESPN pac12 blog:

• Colorado ranks No. 1 in the country with 245 first downs.
  • Colorado ranks No. 2 in the country in plays per game (88.4), while Arizona comes in at No. 4 (85.0).

So LMAO at you guys calling for offensive assistant changes. This from the ESPN pac12 blog:

• Colorado ranks No. 1 in the country with 245 first downs.
  • Colorado ranks No. 2 in the country in plays per game (88.4), while Arizona comes in at No. 4 (85.0).

But where do we rank in offensive efficiency - Not nearly as good. We are horrible in the red zone. Our yards per play is pretty mundane. I don't have a big problem with Lindgren but we need to improve with our hurry up offense (it does not exist). It was frustrating to me that we got the ball with over 8 minutes left and down two scores - we took 6:29 off the clock and ran 18 plays. That would of been great if we had the lead. It was obvious to me they had not practiced two minute drills or hurry up. They were letting the clock run down before they snapped the ball. That is one reason they have the false starts - the linemen are in their stances too long waiting for the snap count and then react when the defense moves.

We're #56 in offensive efficiency for F /+ #49 in FEI. And #72 for S&P. Considering the youth in the offense that's not bad at all. You trying to claim we don't practice the hurry up is weird, they practice is and utilize it in the game.

Last edited:
But where do we rank in offensive efficiency - Not nearly as good. We are horrible in the red zone. Our yards per play is pretty mundane. I don't have a big problem with Lindgren but we need to improve with our hurry up offense (it does not exist). It was frustrating to me that we got the ball with over 8 minutes left and down two scores - we took 6:29 off the clock and ran 18 plays. That would of been great if we had the lead. It was obvious to me they had not practiced two minute drills or hurry up. They were letting the clock run down before they snapped the ball. That is one reason they have the false starts - the linemen are in their stances too long waiting for the snap count and then react when the defense moves.

I think a lot of this is due to three factors:

- a lack of explosive playmakers
- scheme to keep our defense off the field
- scheme to cover deficiencies in pass protection

I don't believe that Lindgren is as conservative as his play calling would suggest.

We're #56 in offensive efficiency for F /+ #49 in FEI. And #72 for S&P. Considering the youth in the offense that's not bad at all. You trying to claim we don't practice the hurry up is weird, they practice is and utilize it in the game.

You are confusing up tempo with the 2 minute drill. CU struggles to get plays off quickly. In the up tempo you get to the line of scrimmage quickly to limit the defensive substitutions, then the QB gets the read from the sideline. Many times the team will get to the LOS with over 20 seconds left on the play clock but only snap the ball with a few seconds left - they take their time reading the defense and getting the play from the sideline and then audible the play. In the 2 minute drill you want to minimize the time run off the play clock...usually the QB has to read the defense and quickly run the play and not get the sideline call if the game clock is running. This is what killed us against UCLA at the end of the half - Sefo was trying to get the play from the sideline and did not seem to know he was suppose to just take charge. Same thing with the UW game on the final drive - too much time wasted with getting the plays into the QB. CU needs to work on some packages for Sefo when the play clock is running and time is of the essence. I have not seen them effectively utilize it and I doubt they practice that.

I think a lot of this is due to three factors:

- a lack of explosive playmakers
- scheme to keep our defense off the field
- scheme to cover deficiencies in pass protection

I don't believe that Lindgren is as conservative as his play calling would suggest.

The other thing is lack of a rifle arm by the QB which allows the defense to close quickly on the receiver. But Goodson has shown he can get deep and Sefo can throw a nice long ball. I do not have a problem with the play calling but some of our offensive stats can be misleading. Our offensive yards per play are pretty low...most defensive coordinators don't mind giving you a lot of plays instead of the explosive plays because you will make a mistake (and we often do). Washington had as many yards with a lot less plays.

Mac has to make the tough decisions and improve the staff when he can. Cubs just fired a manager that did his job well; but, the took the opportunity to bring in a better manager. I hope Mac does this to add a better recruiter. I'm sure RG would support the move financially to allow Mac to hire a star.
Nienas has not done bad enough to be fired. He just has not done well enough to not be replaced by a better recruiter.
In almost two years we have scored on 1 punt or kick return and that was a blown onside kick by cal. We blocked no punts or field goals. Nothing overwhelming and we really need help recruiting. We are dead last in pac 12 rankings (I think this is somewhat misleading; but, certainly leaves room for improvement)
pull the trigger Mac and bring in an ace recruiter.

The other thing is lack of a rifle arm by the QB which allows the defense to close quickly on the receiver. But Goodson has shown he can get deep and Sefo can throw a nice long ball. I do not have a problem with the play calling but some of our offensive stats can be misleading. Our offensive yards per play are pretty low...most defensive coordinators don't mind giving you a lot of plays instead of the explosive plays because you will make a mistake (and we often do). Washington had as many yards with a lot less plays.

It's schemed to keep our defense off the field you nimwod.

I'd counter you with this-our offense hasn't exactly gone up against the 2000 Ravens. I attached a total defense ranking below. We've seen two teams in the bottom 20 in total D this year (Yes, one of them is Cal), and one in the top 50 (Oregon State). Not only that, but I think Sefo has regressed. Lindgren is his position coach. He's gotta take some responsibility for that.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p1

I would argue that Sefo hasn't regressed. He wasn't a world beater as a freshman either. We are fortunate to have Lindgren and HCMM and most of the other coaches we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep

It's schemed to keep our defense off the field you nimwod.

I sometimes think you must be 5 years old but I realize that thinking is an insult to most 5 year olds. You are just an ill-mannered lout. Trust me Lingren would take explosive plays resulting in scores rather than long drives that end with no points.

I sometimes think you must be 5 years old but I realize that thinking is an insult to most 5 year olds. You are just an ill-mannered lout. Trust me Lingren would take explosive plays resulting in scores rather than long drives that end with no points.

I didn't say he wouldn't take it. I said it's not schemed like that. Baylor is schemed for fast paced TDs. We are schemed for long high play count drives.

Keep in mind that sefo had an all world wide receiver last year as well that was able to cover up for a lot of his mistakes.

I know spruce is putting up video game stats, but he is not as dynamic as P-Rich was.

Back