What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Barnett in a VERY candid interview on 104.3 Right Now! Bohn to Follow.

Barnett or Hawkins?

• Total voters
Can you elaborate, I came in late on that part.

Hawkins had said that his "Burned Down in Every Way" comment was in relation to all of the positions that were empty and he had to replace when he came in as HC. What Barnett was saying was that Hawkins had actually ran off several off those people including from what Barnett had said was "The best strength coach he had ever worked with."

He didn't say the name. Was Doc Kreis still there at the end of the Barnett era?

The question, by the way, that Barnett was responding to was why Hawkins had to replace so many posititions (part of hawkins 'burned down' complaint, and Barnett was pointing out that hawkins created a need for many of the new people by firing everyone associated with Barnett's regime.

No. It was Greg Finnegan.

Bohn is bsing.. If Talkins was never in danger and there was no decision needed to be made, he could have came on after the Iowa State game and said Talkins was coming back in 10 and end the speculation then..

I refuse to believe Bohn wanted Talkins back..

Bohn on now....

recognizes #1 thing to change is the scoreboard.....

Is this Bohn's decision? No A/D makes these decisions in a vacuum. It's a unified decision (as previously reported).

alfred asked bohn directly if it was bohn's decision to retain hawkins, and bohn completely dodged the question. Didn't come anywhere near an honest answer.

Me too.

True. GB was a pretty good coach IMO, but because of the BS, I agreed that a change had to be made.
Holy ****, if anyone had any doubt that this was not Bohn's decision, his tap dancing around the issue of whose decision it was to keep hawk should confirm it. Word came down from on high.

Holy ****, if anyone had any doubt that this was not Bohn's decision, his tap dancing around the issue of whose decision it was to keep hawk should confirm it. Word came down from on high.

Yep..

Bohn did a nice job sidestepping the Barnett question from Alfred..

Bohn flat out refused to address GB's statement he was released because he wasn't winning enough, score one for GB.

What is expected of the Head Coach????

Bohn:
great ambassador for the team/program/institution
recruiter
molder of young men
kids graduate
academically committed

It's a tall order. We are going to work with Dan so he can focus more on football going forward.

We got to improve on "competitiveness" according to Bohn.. :rofl:

Hey he said the fans did a good job? :thumbsup:

#1 focus - improving competitiveness

Fans were great this year....

Not that we won't worry about academics, etc. But the scoreboard is the focus.

We have to improve competitiveness? I thought we were already 'competitive' this year! What is there to work on?

I'm sure Bohn is just stating the company line... he knows its his ass if he disagrees with Benson or DiStefano, he is just covering himself right now... sad when the AD really has no power

Hawkins had said that his "Burned Down in Every Way" comment was in relation to all of the positions that were empty and he had to replace when he came in as HC. What Barnett was saying was that Hawkins had actually ran off several off those people including from what Barnett had said was "The best strength coach he had ever worked with."

A lot of that is true. Hawkins even fired the Team Chaplin - who was a former Buff great Mike Spivey.

The compliance department changed because of Bohn...Karen Morrison left to go to the NCAA.

flat out refuses to make the comparisons when pinned down. Fair nuff Bohn. Not your decision to keep Hawk.

No comparisons between GB and Hawk per Bohn. No wonder, GB actually won and Hawk can't win 1 out of 3.

i hate what these guys have done to our program. i really do.

:huh:

Bohn: There's a schism? :lol:

2nd time I've heard that this year in football.. Vikings players said that when Favre came in. .

Bohn won't say a number of wins that is expected.. :sad2:

The program is bigger than anyone else.. Yeah, no sh*t..

Kudos to Bohn for manning up and coming on the program. I still think he's been put in an untenable position. You have to give him props for that.

Alfred accusing Hawkins of constant double talk...

I think the burned to the ground comment has really expanded the schism that Bohn alludes to in the interview.

Guys like Alfred, Barnett, Klatt, etc. are all taking it personally. Which they should.

Back