What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

The storyline of "Baylor's had a horrible offseason" is too sympathetic to Baylor. "Horrible" isn't quite there, but it's on the way to describing the lives these victims have led since their abuses began.

Gameday showing a clip from the upcoming Outside the Lines interview with Briles. ****Baylor. They were pretty angry (except Kirk it seemed). And then they randomly had microphone issues and all you could hear were producers trying to figure stuff out. It seemed like everyone but Kirk said he will never be a head coach again. Sorry I wish I had heard more but between Gamedays microphone issues and me trying to calm my boys down so I could hear, I did miss a little. The OTL may be interesting but it will probably just make me angrier to see Briles trying to fake apologize.

Gameday showing a clip from the upcoming Outside the Lines interview with Briles. ****Baylor. They were pretty angry (except Kirk it seemed). And then they randomly had microphone issues and all you could hear were producers trying to figure stuff out. It seemed like everyone but Kirk said he will never be a head coach again. Sorry I wish I had heard more but between Gamedays microphone issues and me trying to calm my boys down so I could hear, I did miss a little. The OTL may be interesting but it will probably just make me angrier to see Briles trying to fake apologize.

Yeah. And the best point, I thought, was that an apology is meaningless if the person doesn't articulate what he is sorry for. All Briles owned up to is that some things may have happened, although he called the allegations "sketchy", and that since he was in charge it is ultimately his responsibility so he is sorry. That's a ****ing joke. He doesn't think he did anything wrong. He did say, cryptically, something about selling their soul but that seemed to be more about the university culture. I'm looking forward to the OTL. The audio cut out just as it was getting interesting. Worst part of the audio cutting out for ESPN is that we could then hear people laughing in the control room while this serious discussion was going on. Props to the fans who were there and booing the hell out of most of it. My suspicion is that the audio cut out because they were desperately trying to bleep everything coming from the crowd.

Surprised about Herbstreit. I thought he'd be in the **** Briles camp.

My impression is that he had liked and respected Briles, so what struck him was that Briles looked like a broken man. I think that's where Herbie's mind & heart went. Which is the problem, actually. Good people get caught up on feeling bad for the perpetrators and enablers, not wanting them to have their lives ruined for one drunken mistake or poorly managing a situation because the guy had blinders on. Sorry, but that's bull****. I have no capacity to feel any empathy for Art Briles. Young women were hurt. Young women had their lives irreparably harmed. I'm glad that Briles feels somewhat bad about it. I'm glad that Briles had his career and reputation damaged. I'm pissed that he walked away from it with a huge paycheck, his staff kept their jobs, and he'll likely get another job soon. I'm pissed that he doesn't own up to it, understand just how wrong he was, and feel 1000x worse than he does. **** that guy. He should be donating his buyout to rape prevention causes and contemplating suicide.

Last edited:
Herbstreit is rapidly becoming one of my favorite college football guys. He's smart, he knows the game, he's not a jackass looking to say crazy ****e just to get a rise out of folks.

So, even your boys are pissed about bailer. Nice!

On the FS1 scroll at the bottom of screen, they quoted Briles with his comment that he was not aware of most of what happened at Baylor because he was protected from hearing about minor issues associated with the program, but he was aware of major issues. Pretty much says it all.

On the FS1 scroll at the bottom of screen, they quoted Briles with his comment that he was not aware of most of what happened at Baylor because he was protected from hearing about minor issues associated with the program, but he was aware of major issues. Pretty much says it all.

Which only begs the question -- once again -- of how it is possible that every single assistant coach kept his job?

"we’d probably have a, hopefully, a good cry session, and then a talk session, and then hopefully a good hug session "

yuk.

Honestly though, I would not be shocked if his attorneys told him not to speak with her. It's like a den of lizards.

Back