What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

There's something inhuman about beating a dumb animal that, under normal circumstances, provides unconditional love to its owner. Sorry, but distasteful does not come close to describing how reprehensible of an act it is.
What about highly distasteful?

What about highly distasteful?
Actually, "inhumane" is correct on both a moral and legal level.

The old philosophers had it right: the reason animal cruelty is against the law, and why we understand it to be immoral is not because animals have any intrinsic rights. It's because being needlessly cruel to an animal is an action that makes the person doing it a less than fully realized human. That person is acting as something that is less than fully human, hence it is an "inhumane" action.

Crimes against other people do not need this philosophical basis, because other people do have intrinsic rights. Beating up another human being is wrong on three levels: it is a violation of that person's rights, it is a harm against society, and it is an inhumane action on the part of the offender. With animals, the only cause for action is that it is an inhumane act.

So, @CUBUFF80 had it right; it's inhumane.

And **** baylor should be punished because it was/is harboring people that hit all three: they violate other people's rights, they harm society, and they are inhumane. **** them.

Not related to anything, but I saw a tweet that **** bailer! volleyball lost to UT-Rio Grande Valley and it made me really happy. So I had to ask myself if my hatred of all things **** bailer! had gone too far? Nope. **** bailer!

In a development that will surprise no one, beating the crap out of your dog in a social media video doesn't even get you a 1-game suspension at **** bailer!:

Obviously, the dog needs to be disciplined for allowing the player into his room off-leash.

Finally caved under public pressure on this one.

Is anyone really surprised. **** Bailer has taken "taking action incrementally to get juuuuuust to the point where the majority of people stop complaining" and elevated it to an art form.

Think of how slowly and gradually the heads rolled after the reporting started on the (ongoing) rape scandal.

Is anyone really surprised. **** Bailer has taken "taking action incrementally to get juuuuuust to the point where the majority of people stop complaining" and elevated it to an art form.

Think of how slowly and gradually the heads rolled after the reporting started on the (ongoing) rape scandal.

And every single assistant coach is still employed on that staff. This is the thing that is unconscionable imo.

One of the few things I like about "America’s Favorite Sheriff" (our 84 year old sheriff about to win re-election) is that he prosecutes animal abusers. Don't they have laws in Texas?

This ESPN sympathy towards Bailer is disgusting. Shame on Disney, they are minalizing Title IX by creating a rise from the ashes story out of this.

Yeah. ESPN really celebrating a beatdown by **** bailer! of FCS Northwestern State. :rolleyes:

WTF is wrong with them?

Regarding the dog reaction:

The most complaints SNL ever got was when Penn & Teller cut and restored a California King Snake. The next weekend on SNL they drowned Teller and did not show he was OK: zero complaints.

Not to take anything away from Grobe but it sure looks like he is just a figurehead to gain respectability for the program while the assistants run the program with the same offense................****Bailier

Not to take anything away from Grobe but it sure looks like he is just a figurehead to gain respectability for the program while the assistants run the program with the same offense................****Bailier
@Uncle Ken says Briles is on the other end of Grobe's headset. He'd know.

Back