What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

So the NCAA is not going to do anything in terms of sanctions or penalties?

They just don't get it.

ESPN CollegeFootball Verified account ‏@ESPNCFB
Baylor WR Chris Pratt says the team is wearing all black today versus TCU to protest Art Briles' firing.
  • Retweets 30
  • Likes 53

Kinda defines lack of something...

Exactly. I don't expect a group of kids to get it if everyone around them is telling them that they didn't do anything wrong and that the world is just picking on them.

It's the coaches, the athletic department, and the university who are at fault for this most recent embarrassment.

Exactly. I don't expect a group of kids to get it if everyone around them is telling them that they didn't do anything wrong and that the world is just picking on them.

It's the coaches, the athletic department, and the university who are at fault for this most recent embarrassment.

This 1000X this.

The individual players are responsible for their own actions. Those who raped, those who participated in setting up or covering up rapes, those who knew and didn't step forward should be held accountable. To us they are kids but legally they are adults and they participated in adult crimes with adult consequences for the victims.

More importantly though it is the coaches and the athletic department who created, allowed, and even encouraged the climate and the culture that that treated (and probably still treats) the lives of the victims as being less important than football glory. It is the administration (who hired the coaches and athletic administrators) who not only ignored this culture but who knowingly encouraged it to continue as long as the winning continued.

The fact that most of these people in positions of power have not only not been held criminally accountable and most in fact still have their jobs says that we have some significant changes to the system that need to be made immediately.

Can't blame the players, why wouldn't you show your support for someone who tried to cover up your gang rape.

absolutely disgusting **** in Waco

My thanks to Brenda Tracy for having the courage to continue to keep this thing on the forefront, it can't be easy.

My prayers to her that she continues to have the strength to continue and that eventually her efforts will change things enough to make the world safer for other young women.

This keeps getting worse and worse. Bunker mentality going on.

It is completely reprehensible. Why is Briles' son and son in law still on the staff?

The NCAA needs to make a statement. This was institutional and a lot worse than some people giving 100 handshakes.

Berry Tramel: Is it time for the Big 12 to boot out Baylor?

F u c k Bailer

snip
Baylor's football team plays in Norman this Saturday, coming off a weekend that embarrassed the Big 12. And not with a 62-22 loss to TCU. That just embarrassed Baylor. That, the Big 12 can live with.
The worse shame came earlier, when Baylor coaches, players and fans continued to show that they have no clue on the level of disgust the nation has for the sexual assault scandal that cost coach Art Briles, athletic director Ian McCaw and president Ken Starr their jobs.
Briles' assistant coaches, who have remained employed under interim coach Jim Grobe, tweeted a statement Friday in support of Briles after The Wall Street Journal reported previously undisclosed details of the sexual assault allegations. Regents termed the scandal “horrifying” and said that 17 women reported sexual or domestic assaults involving 19 football players.
A tweet Friday from Baylor receiver Chris Platt indicated that the Bears were wearing all black uniforms against TCU in support of Briles, though Baylor officials said Saturday the uniform choice was made months in advance.
Vendors outside McLane Stadium on Saturday sold black T-shirts supporting Briles, and many were purchased. A sign with “#CAB” (Coach Art Briles) was hung from a luxury suite inside the stadium.
It appears that only the Baylor regents have kept the university from completely losing its moral compass.

A group of Baylor alumni and major donors -- including Drayton McLane, for whom the school's football stadium is named -- is scheduled to launch a nonprofit organization that will demand an overhaul of the university's board of regents as well as full details of the school's sexual assault investigation.
Bears for Leadership Reform is going to be "demanding transparency and accountability," spokeswoman Julie Hillrichs said.
"They believe the only way we can do this is to have true reform of the board. They want a seat at the table when the board selects its next president, and then they want a best-in-class Title IX program on that campus," she said, referring to the federal gender-equity law that requires schools investigate reports of sexual violence.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...nization-demand-overhaul-baylor-board-regents

A group of Baylor alumni and major donors -- including Drayton McLane, for whom the school's football stadium is named -- is scheduled to launch a nonprofit organization that will demand an overhaul of the university's board of regents as well as full details of the school's sexual assault investigation.
Bears for Leadership Reform is going to be "demanding transparency and accountability," spokeswoman Julie Hillrichs said.
"They believe the only way we can do this is to have true reform of the board. They want a seat at the table when the board selects its next president, and then they want a best-in-class Title IX program on that campus," she said, referring to the federal gender-equity law that requires schools investigate reports of sexual violence.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...nization-demand-overhaul-baylor-board-regents
Well, at least someone is trying to do something I suppose. I didn't read the story so I could be wrong. Quite frankly, I'm just tired of the whole damn ****show.

Well, at least someone is trying to do something I suppose. I didn't read the story so I could be wrong. Quite frankly, I'm just tired of the whole damn ****show.
Doing something?

Luke, the BOR has been the only bailer group with a conscience this entire ordeal. By doing something, they're trying to get rid of the group that places ethical values over football.

Doing something?

Luke, the BOR has been the only bailer group with a conscience this entire ordeal. By doing something, they're trying to get rid of the group that places ethical values over football.
I've gotcha just I've distanced myself from it for the most part.

Heard on the radio today that Shock Linwood has been suspended for ou game. Apparently he argued with an asst coach who he then pushed/shoved.

How rich.

Last edited:
Back