What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

probably violates hush-money hand-shake

I continue to believe it's not all about hush money, and not even close.
Briles now has the legal defense big-pockets to defend himself in the endless number of civil suits coming his way....
I'm not sure Art Briles had a choice.

I continue to believe it's not all about hush money, and not even close.
Briles now has the legal defense big-pockets to defend himself in the endless number of civil suits coming his way....
I'm not sure Art Briles had a choice.
Sure he had a choice. Not do it in the first place. Or, now that it's blown up, help fund the victim's lawsuits and also testify as a cooperative witness on their behalf.

It's never too late to do the right thing.

Sure he had a choice. Not do it in the first place. Or, now that it's blown up, help fund the victim's lawsuits and also testify as a cooperative witness on their behalf.

It's never too late to do the right thing.

Well, that assumes Briles would ever do the right thing! But yes, I agree with that.

Rather than Baylor upping the ante to keep Briles' mouth shut as is implied in that article, I think they just showed him the case against him and the size of the legal bills he'd be facing.

"OK Art, you think we are throwing you under the bus and you want to go Lone-Ranger and fight these things? Well, here's some stuff from the report and in our files that make you look really bad. Do you want us to expose this? Also, how much do you expect to pay your attorneys to defend you in all these civil suits that are coming your way? Art, you are either with us or against us. If you are against us, it's going to get really ugly, really fast. You think you've been thrown under the bus. Read this Art"....

Well, that assumes Briles would ever do the right thing! But yes, I agree with that.

Rather than Baylor upping the ante to keep Briles' mouth shut as is implied in that article, I think they just showed him the case against him and the size of the legal bills he'd be facing.

"OK Art, you think we are throwing you under the bus and you want to go Lone-Ranger and fight these things? Well, here's some stuff from the report and in our files that make you look really bad. Do you want us to expose this? Also, how much do you expect to pay your attorneys to defend you in all these civil suits that are coming your way? Art, you are either with us or against us. If you are against us, it's going to get really ugly, really fast. You think you've been thrown under the bus. Read this Art"....
He could turn that around on them and say that he was doing the bidding of his superiors.

I agree that he has a lot of skin in this game, but I also think he has a lot more leverage than bailer has.

I wonder how much concern his lawyer has put in his mind about him being personally liable in these civil suits and beyond that being potentially held criminally liable in a conspiracy to cover up felonies or other charges.

Having a highly paid head coach like Briles convicted and sent to jail, even is most of the sentence was deferred might be enough to make a lot of these coaches think about what they are willing to do to win.

Buyout $ is the only leverage I can think of that's not in Briles favor. The school could threaten with a termination for cause vice outright firing, thereby circumventing the buyout.

Bottom line for me is simple - I hope a lot of people involved in these life changing events do time behind bars. It's my seious hope, but I'm not holding my breath.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...-mediation-meeting-with-victim-222957191.html

After Cannon filed the motion Thursday, he called Hernandez's Texas attorney and said that Briles "promised" to come to Friday's mediation session "to support Jasmin ... and help her, and to apologize to her and her family," Zalkin told Outside the Lines.

Zalkin said Hernandez was "cautiously optimistic" upon hearing the news. "She was definitely appreciative that he wanted to help and that he wanted to apologize," Zalkin said.

Neither Briles nor Cannon showed up for the mediation meeting on Friday, Zalkin said. The mediation ended without a deal, Zalkin said.

"[Briles] used the threat of helping Jasmin in her lawsuit against Baylor as leverage to negotiate his wrongful termination claim against Baylor," Zalkin said. "He doesn't care about victims. He never cared about victims. He's using victims. He used them to help build up his football program, and now he's using Jasmin to leverage more money out of Baylor."

Hernandez "was hurt. ... She was upset and she was offended," Zalkin said. He said Cannon did not offer an explanation for not showing up when reached Friday, only "that they decided not to come."

I absolutely agree that Briles simply used the girl as leverage to get Baylor to bend. I guess he figured he could use the victim one more time to help himself. Absolutely despicable.

Would like to see the Feds get involved to investigate widespread corruption. Billy Joe Bob real motivated here. Seems like title IX could provide an indirect avenue?
Title IX and I wonder if this doesn't somehow fit into some civil rights violations. Hard to argue that a school making it open season on female students isn't violating someones civil rights.

The arrogance and defiance is amazing. They know they have the money and influence to defy anyone. ****bailer!

CBS morning news picked up the "Hunting Ground" story this morning. Just now ran it.
This is the "Rugby House" story, nothing to do with Football, but is pretty damning of Baylor University.

Short mention and showing of Jasmine Hernandez.
But there was no scathing commentary that I was hoping for.
Seems like the News Agencies could just let this continue as a minor story and Baylor can buy their way out of some Civil lawsuits and get back to Rapin?

There are not many things that hold the attention of the USA for very long. ****bailer is counting on that.
Sad to think that if they turn in a good season on the field they may even end up salvaging a decent recruiting class.

CBS morning news picked up the "Hunting Ground" story this morning. Just now ran it.
This is the "Rugby House" story, nothing to do with Football, but is pretty damning of Baylor University.

Short mention and showing of Jasmine Hernandez.
But there was no scathing commentary that I was hoping for.
Seems like the News Agencies could just let this continue as a minor story and Baylor can buy their way out of some Civil lawsuits and get back to Rapin?
Shows the rape culture is prevalent campus wide.

Interesting use of terminology in that letter. It refers to the bailer victims as "survivors".

I suppose when dealing with a school that covers up murder, it's an appropriate use of the term.

Big 12 letter about **** bailer. I think it's getting to the point that they may kick **** bailer out. http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=211028434
dgbgb.gif

Whelp...kind of curious if this is laying the groundwork to jettison Baylor and add Houston as a replacement. That would certainly make things more palatable for the P12 to consider some sort or merger or consolidation of TV rights with the B12.

It might also be a lot easier to pass a disband vote to get around the Grant of Rights with only 9 teams in the league.

Last edited:
This is a follow-up request from the Big 12. **** bailer! has been stonewalling everyone as much as possible. In violation of Texas law, hasn't released Baylor PD reports. Has refused requests from the Big 12 Conference. I am so glad the nation is finally learning what they've been all about because I've been tasting bile for over a decade as the sports broadcasters celebrated the amazing rise of the athletics programs at this evil place.
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-all-documents-related-to-assault-allegations

Evil place indeed. Sum'thin good in that report, if baylor is working this hard to hide it,

**** baylor

Evil place indeed. Sum'thin good in that report, if baylor is working this hard to hide it,

**** baylor
But, but, but, if it were really a big deal, Jimmy Kimmel and John Oliver would be talking about it.

Back