What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

I normally hate sharing anything that has to do with the Nubs, but in light of this issue which is so much greater than football, I thought this was a pretty powerful story to share. More education and information needs to be shared on this problem.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tball-coach-18-years-after-alleged-gang-rape/

Just saw this as well. Powerful.

Hope Riley has some success changing the culture at that school because in the past they have had multiple incidents. Don't think Dr. Tom would be giving this woman the same access and support.

People need to understand that this isn't just a football or athlete problem, it is something that is widespread on college campuses everywhere. Football can though take a lead in dealing with it, Riley and Nebraska seem to be going that way, ****bailer the opposite.

I normally hate sharing anything that has to do with the Nubs, but in light of this issue which is so much greater than football, I thought this was a pretty powerful story to share. More education and information needs to be shared on this problem.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tball-coach-18-years-after-alleged-gang-rape/
I agree on all accounts.

My only question is why is this a full length feature article right now, while the only mention of Bailer is in the very last sentence of the article? There is a certain amount of irony in writing a story about victimizing women by ignoring their sexual assaults, while basically doing just that.

I read that story somewhere else recently.

What I noticed in it is that Riley actually ****ed up in how he handled things in the beginning. He handled things the wrong way, not as bad as **** bailer, but still not right.

Something happened to make him realize that he ****ed up, that he was wrong. And now, he's changed.

He's trying to do things the right way now.

And, of course, there are some nubs who want him gone...

Yes. And what seems to be coming out was that PD, the Waco PD and the Waco DA all colluded/ conspired with **** bailer! to bury rape allegations and keep them out of the public record (let alone allowing them to result in an arrest or trial).

My god your right.

The university of Miami had a similar arrangement where the officers were wholly employed by The UM with no Union and no pension. Surrounded by Coral Gables the two departments knew each other quite well. The UM cops however had one unwritten rule; no arresting athletes without The Presidents permission. Or you could be fired.

State certified law enforcement officers that answer to an unelected non government employee.

Kind of a conflict of interest wouldn't you say?

In the mid 1990s, after some bad press about The U, the FDLE in Tallahasee refused to renew their license as a police department despite some alums in the legislature making noise. I'll guess they got wind of the unwritten rule. Coral Gables now does the job answering only to their own chief.

I wonder if Baylor PD has such an unwritten rule / conflict of interest arrangement in their chain of command. I'll bet they do.

My god your right.

The university of Miami had a similar arrangement where the officers were wholly employed by The UM with no Union and no pension. Surrounded by Coral Gables the two departments knew each other quite well. The UM cops however had one unwritten rule; no arresting athletes without The Presidents permission. Or you could be fired.

State certified law enforcement officers that answer to an unelected non government employee.

In the mid 1990s, after some bad press about The U, the FDLE in Tallahasee refused to renew their license as a police department despite some alums in the legislature making noise. I'll guess they got wind of the unwritten rule. Coral Gables now does the job answering only to their own chief.

I wonder if Baylor PD has such an unwritten rule / conflict of interest arrangement in their chain of command. I'll bet they do.
I'd be careful throwing unsubstantiated rumors around.

My god your right.

And this is why these thing are problematic.

What happened at Miami, at Pedo State, at kNebraska under Osborne, and a number of other places aren't just some coach going renegade to win games. It is a cultural issue that extends into the university administration. In Waco it has extended beyond the university and into the PD and the DAs office.

I last looked at that baylor board when I linked something from there earlier in this thread, to laugh at their delusions. Now, when I return, I just get kind of scared.

Is there anything that would persuade these people that their university is in the wrong? Every single post has the tone of "we're getting screwed", "damn RINOs and liberals" (as if being opposed to rape is a liberal but not conservative value, and moreover that this is a position to be ashamed of), "witch hunt!", etc. My god.

The most charitable explanation for this sort of commentary that I can possibly come up with is that cognitive dissonance is a mother****er. Heh.

Edit: New low? Emphasis mine. The bolded is a reply from one poster to the other.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308872&p=5470681#post5470681

These are your words, not mine.

We fired Briles to help the victims. We fired Starr to help them. We disclosed the PH report to help them. We tore down 10 years of good will to help them. We pissed off thousands of alumni to help them. And now we have let 5 players go. Just wondering how much more we have to cut to help these victims.
It's the victim mentality. They are never satisfied, always wanting more.

Last edited:
I last looked at that baylor board when I linked something from there earlier in this thread, to laugh at their delusions. Now, when I return, I just get kind of scared.

Is there anything that would persuade these people that their university is in the wrong? Every single post has the tone of "we're getting screwed", "damn RINOs and liberals" (as if being opposed to rape is a liberal but not conservative value, and moreover that this is a position to be ashamed of), "witch hunt!", etc. My god.

The most charitable explanation for this sort of commentary that I can possibly come up with is that cognitive dissonance is a mother****er. Heh.

They also like to point out small incidents at other schools and equate them to the **** bailer! scandal when they cry foul about the way they're being persecuted.

They also like to point out small incidents at other schools and equate them to the **** bailer! scandal when they cry foul about the way they're being persecuted.
Even in cases where other school's took decisive action and cut ties, baylor-fan still points out how they're being persecuted. Really it's the victim mentality. They are never satisfied, always wanting more.

I read this article this morning and it has been haunting me all day. This woman is absolutely amazing, but I cannot get her attack out of my mind.
I said earlier in this thread that I had to quit reading about this stuff because I was getting angrier and angrier. I have to be done clicking these links.
I am very glad that these stories are getting the attention they are getting. It is starting a conversation that needed to be started and I hope that something good comes from it.

This was a truly powerful story.

June 24, 2016

WACO, Texas (June 24, 2016) – Baylor University and Art Briles have mutually agreed to terminate their employment relationship, effective immediately. Both parties acknowledge that there were serious shortcomings in the response to reports of sexual violence by some student-athletes, including deficiencies in University processes and the delegation of disciplinary responsibilities with the football program. Baylor is addressing these shortcomings and making ongoing improvements.

Baylor wishes Coach Briles well in his future endeavors. Coach Briles expresses his thanks to the City of Waco and wishes the Baylor Bears success in the future.

ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY

Baylor University is a private Christian University and a nationally ranked research institution. The University provides a vibrant campus community for more than 16,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating University in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions.

Was surprised today.

Worked a charity booth selling burgers and hot dogs at a farmers market. Had two college aged girls come up wearing Baylor t-shirts, also saw a car with a big Baylor logo on the back.

It's hard to imagine anyone willingly showing an affiliation with them considering what is going on right now.

Was surprised today.

Worked a charity booth selling burgers and hot dogs at a farmers market. Had two college aged girls come up wearing Baylor t-shirts, also saw a car with a big Baylor logo on the back.

It's hard to imagine anyone willingly showing an affiliation with them considering what is going on right now.

Baylor people are conservative. Loyalty is a trait that correlates fairly well with conservatives.

Baylor people are conservative. Loyalty is a trait that correlates fairly well with conservatives.

Every time I see your avatar in this thread, it reminds me of who is running the athletics programs at Texas universities. Bunch of JR Ewings who want bragging rights for their school and will do whatever to make that happen. The Baylor ones are particularly annoying, because they believe that God supports their actions.

Every time I see your avatar in this thread, it reminds me of who is running the athletics programs at Texas universities. Bunch of JR Ewings who want bragging rights for their school and will do whatever to make that happen. The Baylor ones are particularly annoying, because they believe that God supports their actions.
I understand your point and it's taking every ounce of tipsy willpower I have not to take that personally and challenge you to a life or death duel.

Every time I see your avatar in this thread, it reminds me of who is running the athletics programs at Texas universities. Bunch of JR Ewings who want bragging rights for their school and will do whatever to make that happen. The Baylor ones are particularly annoying, because they believe that God reports to them.

fify

A house in my neighborhood flew a BU flag. I noticed that they changed to an old flag with just a bear on it.

They were sunburned but no, they looked like the kind of girls who would think Baylor was the place to go.

selena-gomez-e-baylor.jpg

Back