What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BEAVERS VS CSU

Prepping for the game tomorrow. This is a decent look at where OSU is.

-I like that they are going to basically pound it into CSU's front seven all day. Not only does this mean that there will be some very worn-out defenders coming into the RMS on a short week, but also that the Rams will not just be able to carry over their game plan against CU.
-Nall was a beast last year when he wasn't injured, and he and Pierce are a very effective tandem.
-Where is Trevorris Johnson? I would think he would be up with Tyner on the depth chart.
-Luton will benefit greatly from OSU being potentially very good at first down yardage. He was a CC All-American last year, with 40 TDs and only 15 INTs. If they can give him a lot of second-and-five and third-and-short type of downs, he should be pretty successful.
-Nick Stevens is pretty good, but OSU's secondary was decent against the PAC-12 last year. To be successful, CSU is going to have to be balanced, probably even favoring their running game.
-Obviously, seems like this will be a high-scoring affair. That usually means that turnovers and special teams are going to be a big factor. I give CSU the edge here, with the excitement of the home opener and the inexperience on OSU's special teams.
-I give CSU the overall edge in this game, due to their experience and the atmosphere. This is the time of year that decent G5 teams notch wins against inexperienced P5 teams. Beavers need to protect the ball, and engineer some good, long drives early to keep CSU from having the wind at their backs all day.

I dunno. If you can run the ball at will, and dictate tempo, home field or not, you will be a tough team to beat. I expect OSU to cruise.

CSU may be able to run the ball at will too.
I get that OSU was not defensive juggernaut last year, and CSU ran the ball well, overall. But if you look at it game by game, the numbers were weighted heavily towards their G5 opponents. In other words, they could not run the ball worth a crap against P5 teams. Just one man's opinion. We'll know for sure in about 27 hours.

True, but had SC not held their annual step on their dick weekends, we would not have been in the CCG. UW (lately) and Stanford have proven to be more consistent programs than anyone in the south. Not a knock on the beavers, I just think they'll need more help than they'll get to go to the CCG.

Agreed,

Last to first seasons usually involve having the right combination of circumstances happen.

The south has some flaky programs like SC and UCLA as well as a couple train wrecks in the Zona schools. Stanford is built on their lines which takes away some of that flakiness and UW is highly talented. Oregon had a terrible season by their standards last year but they still have talent as well so the odds of OSU doing what CU did last year are pretty low.

Still think it's safe to say though that before last season the fans of other PAC12 schools wouldn't have been giving us much credit either.

I get that OSU was not defensive juggernaut last year, and CSU ran the ball well, overall. But if you look at it game by game, the numbers were weighted heavily towards their G5 opponents. In other words, they could not run the ball worth a crap against P5 teams. Just one man's opinion. We'll know for sure in about 27 hours.
I thought I saw something the other day about the 3 worst defenses in college football last year were New Mexico, Air Force and UNLV. Really hard to take those performances seriously and they lost one of those games.

I don't get CBS SN with Sling TV, so I was going to watch the game at Lodo's. I asked a buddy who is a CSU grad, but a very casual sports fan to watch it with me. He said yes. Then he came back with "Why are we going to a bar when we could watch it at one of our houses and save a few bucks while seeing it on a better TV?". We ultimately agreed to watch it at his house.

I'm now regretting this decision. I have a feeling it is going to be a disaster as I plan to watch this game with some intensity. I will want to rewind most plays to concentrate on line play and him wanting to talk about **** that has nothing to do with the game. I hope this doesn't cause a minor riff between us. I think he and I are going to need to chat this evening or tomorrow morning to head off any potential issues...

I don't get CBS SN with Sling TV, so I was going to watch the game at Lodo's. I asked a buddy who is a CSU grad, but a very casual sports fan to watch it with me. He said yes. Then he came back with "Why are we going to a bar when we could watch it at one of our houses and save a few bucks while seeing it on a better TV?". We ultimately agreed to watch it at his house.

I'm now regretting this decision. I have a feeling it is going to be a disaster as I plan to watch this game with some intensity. I will want to rewind most plays to concentrate on line play and him wanting to talk about **** that has nothing to do with the game. I hope this doesn't cause a minor riff between us. I think he and I are going to need to chat this evening or tomorrow morning to head off any potential issues...
You know exactly how it's gonna go and how you need to be. Hopefully the Buffs will roll so it's easy to be casual. Hopefully there will be a replay you can watch on YouTube, Facebook or something.

Lodos in ranch?

Crap why did I agree to work on my day off tomorrow. Oh well guess I will record it and watch the massacre when I get home.

And I am sure PAC12 will replay it.

Or you could skip the rewinds, treat his house like a bar, and complain when the service is bad.

Man, that is easy. Duct tape.

Watching games that you care about with people not on the same level as you is definitely ****ty.

I actually think the emotion will have a negative effect on CSU. Make no mistake, there's about $250 million worth of pressure on CSU to win this game.

Just realized that the game is on CBSSN which I don't get. Going camping with my kids anyways but can't DVR it.

As much of a pain as getting our games on TV can be imagine if you were a fan of a MWC school.

Just realized that the game is on CBSSN which I don't get. Going camping with my kids anyways but can't DVR it.

As much of a pain as getting our games on TV can be imagine if you were a fan of a MWC school.

The MWC fans on MWCBoard have not hidden their disgust for the current MWC media deal and their commissioner.

The MWC fans on MWCBoard have not hidden their disgust for the current MWC media deal and their commissioner.

Problem for them is that outside of their own smallish fan bases they don't have much appeal. Unless they want to produce and stream the games it isn't happening for them an that would be an expensive proposition with little return financially.

Problem for them is that outside of their own smallish fan bases they don't have much appeal. Unless they want to produce and stream the games it isn't happening for them an that would be an expensive proposition with little return financially.

Perhaps that explains why the MWC stadiums have been upgraded more of late...to provide a reason for the fans to come to the games.

Well, if it does bro, represent!!!

Anyone know if I can stream this via a cbs sports app if I have a cable login?

Same, I'm pretty excited, but I think it's more that it's the opening kickoff to the season and there are no more Saturdays without football until mid January (I think)

Yup, I'm just ready for some college football even with the light schedule tomorrow. I still view next weekend as the real start to college football but the light schedule tomorrow makes the CSU-Oregon St. and USF-SJSU games highly attractive when they would otherwise be games that I would barely pay attention to on a regular college football Saturday. Flowers is one of the better unknown QB's in college football.

CSU has a huge intangible in their favor tomorrow and I think they'll win by 10+

If CSU wins fine, I don't care. Only thing I care about is them getting beat up a little bit doing it.

Yup, I'm just ready for some college football even with the light schedule tomorrow. I still view next weekend as the real start to college football but the light schedule tomorrow makes the CSU-Oregon St. and USF-SJSU games highly attractive when they would otherwise be games that I would barely pay attention to on a regular college football Saturday. Flowers is one of the better unknown QB's in college football.
So does the media - they keep calling next week, week 1 when it clearly is not. Must be the "Big 10" counting method.

Back