What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Benson chimes in on realignment: No thanks to East division

They are also comparing Colorado academically to Arizona Stat and Oregon State - and are saying the only schools that aren't a community college in the PAC are USC, Washington, and Stanford.

The fact that they have UW and USC, but not Cal and UCLA, shows the pure stupidity of whatever the **** they are saying.

The fact that they have UW and USC, but not Cal and UCLA, shows the pure stupidity of whatever the **** they are saying.

I was talking to my wife about this the other day. I'd rank the programs academically in tiers (schools in each tier listed alphabetically) as such:

Cream of the crop:
-Cal
-Stanford

Very good
-Colorado
-Southern Cal
-UCLA
-Washington

Respectable
-Arizona
-Arizona State
-Oregon

Tier 4
-Oregon State
-Utah
-Washington State

You could talk me into moving Oregon, ASU or Colorado down a category, but that's basically how I see it. Am I wrong?

The radio guys in Austin are slamming Benson and CU - saying that Colorado is just jealous that UT and OU make more money with their athletic department.

They are also comparing Colorado academically to Arizona Stat and Oregon State - and are saying the only schools that aren't a community college in the PAC are USC, Washington, and Stanford.

They said that "they aren't exactly landing the space shuttle" at those PAC 12 schools. And when asked about Colorado's atletics both hosts just started laughing haha. I need to move out of this state.

Of course that is what they think. Most UT fans/alums I know (and I know a lot of them having lived in SA for 5 years) are completely unaware of how they come across to non-Texans (or they don't care). The arrogance and condescenscion that comes so naturally to them is quite offputting to those not from the Lone Star state. They view their place at the top of the heap as a birthright and everyone else is inferior. That's why they don't understand what is going on with teams leaving the B12 and conference realignment. Because they cannot comprehend that UT should play by the same rules as others.

You should tell them that many CU grads have indeed landed the space shuttle. I wonder how they'd react to that?

BTW, I would seriously pay money to sit in and watch UT and ND try to negotiate something. That would be good fun since they both feel they are God's gift to college athletics.

I'm very pleased that the President of the University of Colorado and I are seemingly on the same page on this issue. Screw Texas. Let them go independent. Let them re-form the SWC. Let them eat cake. I honestly don't give a damn what they do so long as they're doing it someplace else.

What always cracked me up when I was down there was how quickly they forgot how we wielded the power in the formation of the Big 12 back in 1995.

When we had the invite to the Pac-10 back then and subsequently voted it down, a lot of the no vote was based on all the work WE as COLORADO had put into working with everyone to form the Big 12 and we wanted to standby our commitment rather than turn our back on it and run to the Pac-10.

In short, had it not been for us, UT and the rest of the SWC dingleberries would have been furked back in 1995.

What always cracked me up when I was down there was how quickly they forgot how we wielded the power in the formation of the Big 12 back in 1995.

When we had the invite to the Pac-10 back then and subsequently voted it down, a lot of the no vote was based on all the work WE as COLORADO had put into working with everyone to form the Big 12 and we wanted to standby our commitment rather than turn our back on it and run to the Pac-10.

In short, had it not been for us, UT and the rest of the SWC dingleberries would have been furked back in 1995.

Hell, half of them will deny it ever happened. The delusion is strong with that fanbase.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the PAC telling UT and OU to EABOD. I would kind of like having OU in the PAC for some connection to CU's past, but hearing UT fan's collective "WTF" if the PAC says no would be priceless. They really believe they will get whatever they want and are not used to being told no.

The radio guys in Austin are slamming Benson and CU - saying that Colorado is just jealous that UT and OU make more money with their athletic department.

They said that "they aren't exactly landing the space shuttle" at those PAC 12 schools. And when asked about Colorado's atletics both hosts just started laughing haha. I need to move out of this state.

I thought Galloway and company were spot on when they said Daddy Deloss showed all his cards.
OU is in the driver seat now about how this will all play out. And yeah f' austin.

Our goals in the new conference expansion:
1. What is best for the University of Colorado
2. What is worst for bevo.

If those to happen to be the same thing... :thumbsup:

Kick Washington State out, invite Oklahoma. end of expansion.

C'mon now, that's not fair. Imagine if you're a coug fan and read this? It's their conference. It's ours now too, of course, but they really have history with it.

But yeah, if you replace "Washington State" with "USC" than I'm cool.

C'mon now, that's not fair. Imagine if you're a coug fan and read this? It's their conference. It's ours now too, of course, but they really have history with it.

But yeah, if you replace "Washington State" with "USC" than I'm cool.

:lol:

I was talking to my wife about this the other day. I'd rank the programs academically in tiers (schools in each tier listed alphabetically) as such:

Cream of the crop:
-Cal
-Stanford

Very good
-Colorado
-Southern Cal
-UCLA
-Washington

Respectable
-Arizona
-Arizona State
-Oregon

Tier 4
-Oregon State
-Utah
-Washington State

You could talk me into moving Oregon, ASU or Colorado down a category, but that's basically how I see it. Am I wrong?

I'd go:

Stanford
Cal
UCLA
UW
USC
CU
UA
Oregon
Utah
Oregon State
ASU
WSU

I'd go:

Stanford
Cal
UCLA
UW
USC
CU
UA
Oregon
Utah
Oregon State
ASU
WSU

Where do you place Texas in the stack?

Also, I write this at least five times a year, but my wife graduated from ASU, and I was very impressed with their School of Education.

Where do you place Texas in the stack?

Also, I write this at least five times a year, but my wife graduated from ASU, and I was very impressed with their School of Education.

Somewhere in the Cal/UCLA/UW group - and I do think those institutions have clear separation from CU. ASU has several very good programs. Their law school is one to watch for. But, their undergrad standards are very low and nationally ridiculed.

Let me know if I'm wrong, but I've heard, I'm pretty sure, that Cal lowers their admission standards for athletes quite a bit. Also, Texas can take their 45% grad rate for football and shuv it.

BTW, I am butt hurt reading everyone's derogatory and mean spirited comments about Texans. :sad2:

Let me know if I'm wrong, but I've heard, I'm pretty sure, that Cal lowers their admission standards for athletes quite a bit. Also, Texas can take their 45% grad rate for football and shuv it.

BTW, I am butt hurt reading everyone's derogatory and mean spirited comments about Texans. :sad2:

Dont even get me started on people from Arvada!

seriously though I know and am related to many fine people from texas but the ones who feel that they are somehow better or their state is some mythical place where everything is better than everywhere else really piss me off. And you have to admit that is a very prevalent attitude down that way

I also do not lump you in with the group that sucks. Mostly because of your avatar and the fact that your a buff fan

Back