What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best CU QB of all time

Had it not been for injuries the answer would be Craig Ochs and the only debate we would be having is who the 2nd best is.

While I'm too young to have watched Bobby Anderson play, he did play QB for the Buffs back in the late 1960's and was moved to RB due to injuries at the position. He really ripped Alabama a new one in a bowl game.

Put Darian Hagan on a pre 1988 or post 1994 CU team and we'd not be having this conversation. Hagan was an individual contributor on a TEAM. Without the rest of that team he wouldnt have had the success thats being attributed to him. He was in the right place at the right time.

Those other guys on the list, excepting Stewart and Detmer, are higher stat wise largely because they lacked team and had it placed on their shoulders.

An interesting note about Hagan, as a senior in 1991 there was discussion of moving him to tailback in favor of having Vance Joseph play QB. Hagan also returned some punts that year.

If anybody actually took my post seriously, I apologize. I can’t imagine how anybody could possibly look at that and think I was serious.
I didn't think you were serious, for the record. I wasn't offended, it just struck me as one of those jokes that makes you go, "oh my".:D

I’m way too young to remember the greats as I was born in 85. I can’t remember Hagan but my 1 memory will always be Stewart and the miracle at Michigan. It’s my first real lifelong memory that I have and Stewart will always be my favorite and the best I can remember watching up to now.

I’m way too young to remember the greats as I was born in 85. I can’t remember Hagan but my 1 memory will always be Stewart and the miracle at Michigan. It’s my first real lifelong memory that I have and Stewart will always be my favorite and the best I can remember watching up to now.
I was pretty young when Hagan was playing but watched him quite a bit. That's really when I started following CU was about the '88 season, maybe a year before that. For the offense they were running at the time, Hagan was as good as it gets.

Pffff. Couldn’t even play through a little illness.

giphy.gif

Darian Hagan won a nc and was undefeated against nebraska and oklahoma in an era when that was the standard. Case closed.

However, I still think we win the nc in 95 if Koy Detmer doesnt tear his acl in a freak play against a&m. We were a few stupid mistakes away in 96, too, and the killer mistakes in 96 weren’t on Koy. That 96 team drove me crazy.

Kordell did not play very well against Nebraska in 93 and especially 94, and that cost the best team in school history a national championship.

Hmmmmm...........I gotta go Hagan as the best-he was the QB during the best two year stretch in the history of our program. My top 5 would look something like this though.....

1. Hagan
2. Slash (simply because he didn't beat Nebraska in 1994-that team might have been more talented than '89 or '90 was, and probably would have won another Natty were it not for the loss to the Corn)
3. Pesavento (He started 62-36. Enough said)
4. Klatt (Tough dude, and he beat NU at least once)
5. Sefo (Gotta put this kid on here, even at 5-he was such a big part of the turnaround that led to 2016)

Back