1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best NCAA Helmets

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Bass, May 20, 2011.

1. Bass

Bass Club Member Club Member

2. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Disagree with Miami, LSU, OSU, ND, and UTerus being that high up. IMO, CU is the second best looking behind Michigan.

3. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

If you think Michigan's helmet is better than CU's helmet, your opinion is not valid. Fact.

4. Quattro

False. My opinion != your opinion.

5. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

You're goddamn right your opinion does not equal my opinion. My opinion is valid.

Saying Michigan's helmet is better than CU's helmet is like saying, yeah, I'm pretty sure the Earth is flat.

6. Quattro

So is mine mother****er!

7. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Huh? All that weed and painkillers have really messed you up.

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Hard to argue against Michigan. That helmet is tight. Surprised Oklahoma didn't make the list. That's a lot nicer than Nebraska, IMO. Tennessee? Really? guh. FSU has a sweet helmet. OSU? not so much. Arizona? Please. I like Washington's, which didn't even make that list. I like UCLA's as well. Classic. BYU? C'mon. That's just crazy talk. Believe it or not, I think KSU has a pretty smart looking helmet. Helmets that don't have anything on them are automatically disqualified. So no to ND, OSU, Penn State.

Another one I have always liked is Clemson. Orange with a white tiger paw = cool.

9. Quattro

I have never taken pain killers outside of having a prescription after surgery, weed, maybe.

10. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

the fact that you feel compelled to debunk that myth makes you guilty... FACT

11. Quattro

Nah I just don't want to be accused for taking drugs that I haven't.

12. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

Then you are missing out.

13. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Texas+v+Colorado+2C5okL9zcM8l.jpg CU's helmet looks great in the picture, but what in the hell is that crap on the shoulder's ?

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  14. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

I would submit honorable mentions to: Iowa, A&M, Army, Navy, Oklahoma, Rice, Vanderbilt, SMU

Arizona, Hawaii, Tennessee, and Texas are a joke. I'm not a fan of Miami's either.

15. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

:lol:

16. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Penn st, Ohio st, ND, Navy, Army. Any plain helmet is stupid and you like you're playing pop warner.

Nebraska isn't far off from them, they put a plain old N on a white helmet. Dickheads!

17. Kameltosis

Kameltosis Well-Known Member

I like simple helmets. I do like CUs Buffalo I think it looks pretty cool yet simple. I have no idea why Hawaii is on that list I hate that helmet and I'm really not a big fan of Michigans either. IMHO I think the coolest helmets are Bama's. I just love the tradition in them.

Ugliest helmets in the NCAA? Florida and Boise State.

18. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

the list is just not very good. a lot of the picks were based on the team more than the helmet. You think OSU, Tennesse, Miami, Texas, LSU make the list if they weren't big programs? Georgia copies Green Bay with new colors so I think it doesn't count. Notre Dame is just boring. Of course the stickers are kind of cool on the OSU helmets.

I think Oregon gets a vote, Air Force is awesome, UNC, Mich State, Utah is not bad, I actually like Morehead State but probably misses the list, Wake Forest has some style, too...

19. sackman

Good call on Air Force. That's a sweet helmet. I had forgotten about them. Oregon gets a vote? Which helmet? They have something like 40 different versions.

20. NWD Buff

NWD Buff Club Sandwich Club Member

In LSU's case, yes. I love that helmet.

21. Folsom Field

Folsom Field Member

22. Folsom Field

Folsom Field Member

23. HUFset

HUFset Well-Known Member

Then you are essentially rating logos and not helmets.

24. sackman

Michigan doesn't have a logo, and they're considered the best of the group.

25. HUFset

HUFset Well-Known Member

touche

26. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/pac10.htm

Pretty fun website. It shows the evolution of each teams' helmets. I picked PAC-12 naturally, but you could spend some time in there.

[​IMG]

edit: that picture is supposed to show up as a football helmet but seems to be switching to an ad....

27. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Michigan copped theirs from Dartmouth. Iowa is a Pitt Steelers rip off. i disqualify them.

AFA is a good one for sure. i used to vote CU without hesitation but the white wine piss color isn't right and not sold that the slanting CU ralphie logo is better than the squared up one.

i like ATM, OU, Bama, FSU (another NFL rip), USC, Texas i guess. SMU, i like. the white one with the red pony logo and blue stripe maybe. i thought very far out was one year Indiana had these an "IU" that looked like the Urge Overkill logo. that was pretty "90's".

Wazzou is the worst. N'Western is pretty lame, too. imo.

one of the more interesting cyclical events in NCAA football is the mysterious time table on which Mich State switches back and forth from the "S" to the Spartan helmet guy...and then back again and so on...and so on. it's weird. the purple helmets that UW wore were a disaster.

28. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

What I find interesting is that Penn State's helmets have only been plain since 1974, they had numbers on them prior to that. Penn St always comes up in the uniform debate as an example of how we should stick with tradition and stop changing our look. Even Penn State has made some change over the years.

29. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Penn St is like most teams, accelerated. the simplicity looks great when they are winning. losing, they look bland.

you will never convince me otherwise: in the 89-94 era, nothing was more badass than the CU road uni.....black pants, white jersey, Krylon GOLD helmet....coming into your house and stealing your whiskey and wimmin. or: that same Gold helmet in the Boulder sun on a fall day in Folsom....rolling up a mighty score. never had to never give in.

i also thought Barney's threads were greatness. simple, clean. minus the all-whites which looked like pajamas....but we've done that 1000 times. there's some X factor about the all-whites....works for PSU and UT, OU's they have the big crimson stripes so it's not a straight pajama look....but it's a good look minus the whole candy cane thing.

also funny, is on the UT boards they used to call OU the "paper-clips" because of the helmet logo....and if you look real close....

30. CUinDC

CUinDC Member

Princeton. But, it was the same coach that used them at Princeton and Michigan.