What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bill Walton in Boulder

"Welcome to Fisk Planetarium for tonight's performance of Laser Floyd.

The staff at the Program Council would like to remind patrons that smoking is strictly prohibited during this performance, and that INCLUDES cigarettes."

(Laughter and snickering amongst CU students in attendance)

One of the hazy yet fond memories from my time at CU. This post probably belongs in the "most Colorado moment" thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch Cal/USC last night until it was time for the women's game. Should have stayed with Walton. He was still carrying on about Boulder.

I love how he was wearing the exact same t-shirt as he did for our game.

I wonder if he gets a "smoking allowed" room at whatever hotel he stays in? Do hotels even have smoking rooms anymore?

Most major hotels charge a huge cleaning fee if you get caught smoking.The Warwick in Denver is popular with smokers because all the rooms have balconies so it's easier to get away with it.

Another wrinkle in the broadcast - Walton's various mis-pronunciation of Thomas Akyazili's name.

AkEYEzilly
ACKYzEEly
AkaSilly

Walton couldn't get his mouth around it, but he seemed ready to declare Tommy the greatest player to ever come out of Antwerp.

I am somewhat amazed that Walton didn't say Tommy was from Amsterdam.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Welcome to Fisk Planetarium for tonight's performance of Laser Floyd.

The staff at the Program Council would like to remind participants that smoking is strictly prohibited during this performance, and that INCLUDES cigarettes."

(Laughter and snickering amongst CU students in the auditorium.)

One of my hazy yet fond memories from my time at CU. This post probably belongs in the "most Colorado moment" thread.
my first Red Rocks experience (2nd time visiting the Centennial State) was in 2011 (prior to A64) for the Disco Biscuits.

Show started with a bunch of opening acts during daylight hours, and the wife and I were a bit surprised at all the pot smoking taking place around us. I mean it was everywhere, and there was a security guy nearby doing his best to ignore it.

An hour or so into the event, a dude two rows in front of us lit a (tobacco) cigarette. Mind you, prior to the nicotine stake, he was smoking weed. At the time he lit the cig, people were smoking pot in front of him, to each side and behind him. The security guy walks over before dude's second drag of the cigarette and tells him "you can't smoke that here -- you have to go to the smoking section over there..."

I turned to the wife and remarked "we are clearly NOT in North Carolina..."

Last edited:
I have found pot is tolerated at most rock concerts and I've been to more than my share of concerts. I was surprised the first time a cig was passed down the aisle to be shared. This was in Lexington KY.

When I worked for the federal government many years ago, I was in my business suit and carrying a brief case going from an office on the Pearl Street Mall to my car. I was asked if I wanted to buy weed. That is my most Colorado moment. :D

I have found pot is tolerated at most rock concerts and I've been to more than my share of concerts. I was surprised the first time a cig was passed down the aisle to be shared. This was in Lexington KY.

When I worked for the federal government many years ago, I was in my business suit and carrying a brief case going from an office on the Pearl Street Mall to my car. I was asked if I wanted to buy weed. That is my most Colorado moment. :D

Did you buy?

Just rewatched the game on the ESPN3 app.

Shapiro got credit for inventing Walton Bingo to be played during any Walton Broadcast. Dave Pasch yells "BINGO" at this random moment after Walton mentions Dinosaur National Monument. National Park or Monument is one of the squares.

http://billwaltonbingo.com

image.jpeg

Back