What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn Gone (Official Thread on His Departure)

Fund raising is an issue, rightfully so. One alarming fact i'm hearing which I didn't previously know is that the CU Foundation won't share their alumni list with CU Athletics.As it's loosely been phrased, "The Academic arena doesn't want the athletic side parading around asking for all sorts of donations which would normally go to their cause." If this is true, I actually feel very bad for Bohn. Combine that with the fact that he didn't get to bring in his own fund raisers, rather they were given to him and got marching orders from another source, no wonder we're in such a cluster **** situation with athletics. I can see some positive and negative with Mike, but dude had an uphill battle the whole time with regards to crap like this, IF true.

This is not completely true.

The lists are held by school so b-school doesn't share with law school, med school, arts and crafts etc. None of them of course share with the AD side. The "reason" given is state privacy laws forbid it.

This is not completely true.

The lists are held by school so b-school doesn't share with law school, med school, arts and crafts etc. None of them of course share with the AD side. The "reason" given is state privacy laws forbid it.

The fundraising arm of the Foundation is about to be radically restructured. Was this discussed already?

The fundraising arm of the Foundation is about to be radically restructured. Was this discussed already?

Those details I typed pre-date that, although I am not sure how much a structural re-org would be able to circumvent the current regime.

Those details I typed pre-date that, although I am not sure how much a structural re-org would be able to circumvent the current regime.

Quite the opposite, really. They will now be under the University's umbrella, rather than at "an arm's length". It's a response to an evaluation that determined the fundraising efforts were misaligned with the University's needs. I believe each college/school will have a paid fundraiser to represent it at the Foundation.

Quite the opposite, really. They will now be under the University's umbrella, rather than at "an arm's length". It's a response to an evaluation that determined the fundraising efforts were misaligned with the University's needs. I believe each college/school will have a paid fundraiser to represent it at the Foundation.

that would be the best case scenario.

Did anyone catch this article on Bohn in the Ralphie Report? Linky 4 U

http://www.ralphiereport.com/2013/6/3/4385528/meet-me-at-the-crossroads/in/4141811
I saw that yesterday and thought it was a good analysis a fair assessment of where we go from here. Definitely worth a read. I think Bohn was fired for a number of reasons, but I think Phil's conjecture is probably not far from the truth:
Personally, my theory (and it's a tangentially sourced and extremely flimsy theory) is that Bohn never wanted Embree, and said he could not fundraise with Embree as coach. He was allowed to fire Embree and then... still couldn't fundraise at a level acceptable to his bosses.

Wouldn't you say the perception that CU is a basketball school is a little premature anyway? Nonetheless, I will remember Bohn as the man who orchestrated the resurrection of CU hoops. Unfortunately, I will also remember him as the man that oversaw the collapse of CU football.
Definitely, they've made the Tourney twice in two years -- one win and one Pac-12 Tourney title. At most BCS-level schools, it doesn't mean you are a basketball school. If CU was putting together 7-5 football seasons, that would still be where most of the fanbase was. Again, I don't think Bohn sought out being a basketball school when hired. He came from the CFA/had more of a football background. It worked out that way. And he deserves credit because it happened during his watch. The same way he deserves blame for football.

they have a pretty stable football situation though, they didnt just run a coach out and replace him. If anything this timeline should be an illustration to us of how to run things properly.
Leonard Hamilton has been there for a decade plus as well.

they have a pretty stable football situation though, they didnt just run a coach out and replace him. If anything this timeline should be an illustration to us of how to run things properly.

Jimbo has to be nervous though.

If he keeps going to the ACC Championship consistently enough, I don't think so. They sure could do worse.

They could do worse, but this is FSU. They didn't force out a legendary coach to not be in the national championship picture. ACC Championship's don't mean much to anybody outside the conference these days.

They could do worse, but this is FSU. They didn't force out a legendary coach to not be in the national championship picture. ACC Championship's don't mean much to anybody outside the conference these days.
They weren't doing that even and he was old. He was more a figurehead at the end. Winning the ACC is somewhat expected there, but at the same time it's not ND, Texas, or Bama, expectations aren't that big.

Didn't they lose twice last year? It's not their fault the ACC blows

Didn't they lose twice last year? It's not their fault the ACC blows

Well, if the ACC blows, why are they losing twice? I am nowhere near Florida, I'm just repeating the general impression I get from the Rivals main board, podcasts, and sports radio. They all say Jimbro isn't impressing anybody so far. Plus, he's kind of an ahole to people in-house.

Well, if the ACC blows, why are they losing twice? I am nowhere near Florida, I'm just repeating the general impression I get from the Rivals main board, podcasts, and sports radio. They all say Jimbro isn't impressing anybody so far. Plus, he's kind of an ahole to people in-house.

People here only care if they Beat florida and win the ACC.

Fans are hardly ever going to be satisfied. Once you do one thing, you are expected to keep taking something to the next level.

FSU fans want to beat Florida and win NCs. The ACC is an expectation every year (for good reason). They will not fire Jimbo anytime soon, but it is fair to say he has something to prove.

Did anyone catch this article on Bohn in the Ralphie Report? Linky 4 U

http://www.ralphiereport.com/2013/6/3/4385528/meet-me-at-the-crossroads/in/4141811

good article, thanks HG. i think the cheapo swimming/diving thing (which seemed like a good idea to me)....took a big hit when the renovation of the Rec Center did not include any improvements to the big pool. it gets a new roof and no real facility improve. students voted for a pool shaped like ralphie which is colossal waste of budget imo. outdoor pool takes a lot of resources to maintain and only usable in colorado about half the year and 3 of those months are in the summer when the full student body is on vacation. CU's club swimming team is winning national championships every year....they are a force. seems like smart idea with things already in place. i know CU hired a club coach a couple years ago and he told me there was an expectation to move to D-1 when they hired him. i haven't seen him in a year or so. he taught the master's swim class at the Rec as well. i swim at CU 3-4 times a week for the last 5 years or so. i guess he moved on when the D-1 move didn't happen.

Rice AD Rick Greenspan has stepped down to pursue other opportunities. Can't find any obvious connection for him to CU, but you never know, right?

wow. sounds like an emotional decision was made... they really have no idea what they are doing.

Back