What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn Gone (Official Thread on His Departure)

Letter to BB

Hi President Benson,

I am hoping that you are involved in the process of hiring our next athetic director. This function is critical to the Univeristy and is a major form of marketing and promotion that would pay huge dividend if done correctly. The Chancelor has demonstrated over and over again that he does not support nor understand the relevance of a successful athletic program to CU.

I know as a successful two time graduate from the CU business school, what steps I would take as an AD to turn around the department. I agree a change needed to be made to take this program to the next level as Mike Bohn had served his purpose. He did a wonderful job of steering the program thru troubled waters and set a solid foundation for future growth. He did not poses the vision, nor the abilty to sell a vision for the future of CU athletics. The time is now to capitalize on the great asset we have in CU and hire a dynamic leader that can articulate and sell the vision.

I implore you to become involvedand ensure that this program is set to build on the solid foundation we now have at CU. It is absolutely possible to build a culture that supports both top notch academics and a highly competitive athletic department. We need new and dynamic leadership to accomplish this goal and your influence can make this happen.

A couple of simple steps can bring this vision to reality and I know the opportunity, if supported from an admistrative point of view, can become a reality at CU. I am more than willing to donate more than dollars, which I already do, to make this happen. I will donate time, effort, sweat and blood to see it happen.

Thank you for your time and I sincerely hope you have made this a priority in your vision for a successul CU of the future.

Sincerely,

Buffalo Brad

Nice letter Brad. We are gluttons for punishment. Always amateur hour in Boulder.

Letter to BB

Hi President Benson,

I am hoping that you are involved in the process of hiring our next athletic director. This function is critical to the University and is a major form of marketing and promotion that would pay huge dividend if done correctly. The Chancelor has demonstrated over and over again that he does not support nor understand the relevance of a successful athletic program to CU.

I know as a successful two time graduate from the CU business school, what steps I would take as an AD to turn around the department. I agree a change needed to be made to take this program to the next level as Mike Bohn had served his purpose. He did a wonderful job of steering the program thru troubled waters and set a solid foundation for future growth. He did not poses the vision, nor the abilty to sell a vision for the future of CU athletics. The time is now to capitalize on the great asset we have in CU and hire a dynamic leader that can articulate and sell the vision.

I implore you to become involved and ensure that this program is set to build on the solid foundation we now have at CU. It is absolutely possible to build a culture that supports both top notch academics and a highly competitive athletic department. We need new and dynamic leadership to accomplish this goal and your influence can make this happen.

A couple of simple steps can bring this vision to reality and I know the opportunity, if supported from an administrative point of view, can become a reality at CU. I am more than willing to donate more than dollars, which I already do, to make this happen. I will donate time, effort, sweat and blood to see it happen.

Thank you for your time and I sincerely hope you have made this a priority in your vision for a successful CU of the future.

Sincerely,

Buffalo Brad

sent something similar this morning as well:

Mr. President -

The current "search" for an athletic director has me some what concerned. I will admit I was a fan of Mike Bohn's and found the move rather odd when it was made, still, I can appreciate Mike had his short comings and our football program is for all intents and purposes in shambles. I would like to reserve judgement on the move as a whole until I see how it pans out but the news out of Boulder yesterday that we have yet to even form a search committee, as well as the whisperings of potential candidates I have heard make this seem like it was a battle of ego's that Mike lost with Chancellor Distefano (as he's repeatedly owned the decision) and that we have no plan.

As a relatively young alumni (01), a locally based business man, and an athletics donor; I am very concerned about what yet again appears to be a lack of clear vision and planning out of our Flagship campus. This most often rears its head in athletics as that is where I am heavily involved, for years many people put that at the foot of Mike Bohn: that he had no plan, no vision, couldn't sell, and couldn't fund raise well enough. Well unfortunately today we sit here weeks after the firing with: no search committee, no plan, no vision, and the months of the summer wasting away.

I have always been impressed with your fundraising ability and dynamic way in which you have lead both the CU medical center expansion and revitalized the central Denver campus. Given your track record at CU I think it would serve us well to see you out in front on this transition; speak to the alumni base, articulate the same strong vision for CU athletics that you have for the medical campus, take the lead on the facilities project; and please don't let the career bureaucrats and lifers at the Boulder campus waffle through another that is just good enough not to get them fired.

Collectively we are ready to support CU but this hiring process and hire must inspire confidence - something few people in the admin at the Boulder Campus have done in a long time.

Regards,

Rice AD Rick Greenspan has stepped down to pursue other opportunities. Can't find any obvious connection for him to CU, but you never know, right?

No, no, no, please no. Both of the schools I root for fired/"lost" AD's this summer, much to the relief of the majority of their fans. I've been living in fear of one (or both) deciding the other's reject is a great fit. I'd almost prefer Bohn at Rice to Greenspan at CU. At least Bohn recognized that getting CU into the PAC-12 was critical to the future well-being of the CU athletic dept. Greenspan has found a way to stay put in a dying conference while multiple schools that are comparable athletically (SMU, UH, Tulane) and have less to offer off the field have moved on to better things. His legacy may very well be that his tenure started Rice down the path to Div. III. He honestly has no accomplishments to point to from his time at Rice and, to top it all off, has been at the center of a mini-scandal in the ath. dept.

Here's a thread: http://www.csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=636616 . Read it a little while and you'll have a hard time telling the difference between that board and this one.

Reply from the Prez

Dear Mr. Buffalo Brad,

Thank you for your response to my newsletter. I can assure you I am fully engaged in getting our intercollegiate athletics program on the right track. I understand and appreciate how important it is to the university and I support it with time, funding and attention. I have every confidence we will succeed with the program and I agree with you that great academics and great athletics can go hand-in-hand. Thank you for your letter and for your support.

Sincerely,Bruce D. Benson

Letter to BB

Hi President Benson,

I am hoping that you are involved in the process of hiring our next athetic director. This function is critical to the Univeristy and is a major form of marketing and promotion that would pay huge dividend if done correctly. The Chancelor has demonstrated over and over again that he does not support nor understand the relevance of a successful athletic program to CU.

I implore you to become involvedand ensure that this program is set to build on the solid foundation we now have at CU. It is absolutely possible to build a culture that supports both top notch academics and a highly competitive athletic department. We need new and dynamic leadership to accomplish this goal and your influence can make this happen.

A couple of simple steps can bring this vision to reality and I know the opportunity, if supported from an admistrative point of view, can become a reality at CU. I am more than willing to donate more than dollars, which I already do, to make this happen. I will donate time, effort, sweat and blood to see it happen.

Thank you for your time and I sincerely hope you have made this a priority in your vision for a successul CU of the future.

Sincerely,

Buffalo Brad

Reply from the Prez

Dear Mr. Buffalo Brad,

Thank you for your response to my newsletter. I can assure you I am fully engaged in getting our intercollegiate athletics program on the right track. I understand and appreciate how important it is to the university and I support it with time, funding and attention. I have every confidence we will succeed with the program and I agree with you that great academics and great athletics can go hand-in-hand. Thank you for your letter and for your support.

Sincerely,Bruce D. Benson

at least they are taking the time to customize them:

Abs,

........ Regarding media reports that we are several weeks away from naming a search committee, I wouldn’t put too much stock in them. I can assure you we are well down the road. I can also assure you our goal is to succeed at a high level with our intercollegiate athletics program. I have a keen interest in that success and intend to do all I can to achieve it. While I appreciate that people want to see plans and vision, I also know that we are working hard on building their foundation rather than simply making announcements without much to back them. I appreciate your involvement with athletics and also your ongoing support of the Buffs......

Sincerely,

Bruce D. Benson

I think your dislike of Phil rivals my dislike of Plati. Does Phil get all pissy when he sees short jokes or bald jokes on allbuffs?

It's not personal for me other than Phil happens to be the individual in the way of progress.

I dislike the entire class of individual that spends a career kissing ass and hanging around, accomplishes nothing, and then somehow achieves promotions based on having tenure while not being disliked by any political factions.

I have no respect for Phil, but I don't dislike him. I'm sure I'd think he was a nice guy if I spent time with him (once his lips were wrapped around my dick and I was calling him Phyllis).

It's not personal for me other than Phil happens to be the individual in the way of progress.

I dislike the entire class of individual that spends a career kissing ass and hanging around, accomplishes nothing, and then somehow achieves promotions based on having tenure while not being disliked by any political factions.

I have no respect for Phil, but I don't dislike him. I'm sure I'd think he was a nice guy if I spent time with him (once his lips were wrapped around my dick and I was calling him Phyllis).

Have you been watching a lot of Oz recently???

He is just a little man, nothing more, nothing less

Midget Native-American rap duo that goes by the name Mike Bone!

[video=youtube;hDU3QQJhp04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDU3QQJhp04[/video]

Back