What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs. Arizona State Game Thread

ASU tip-toed all the way back to the bus
The quotes by them are so hilarious looking back.

“I know No. 13 (Liufau) from last year,” ASU sophomore defensive lineman Joseph Wicker said. “He’s a competitor and gets after it and he does a lot of boots, a lot of nakeds and stuff like that and he’ll throw picks if he is getting pressured and hit a lot I think.”

“I got a lot of speed as well, so if they want to make it a footrace, I can race all day,” Hayes said.

“I’ve seen on film, they do a lot of slants, cross routes, screen, trips plays,” Wicker said. “They try to run the ball a bit and we are going to try to make it a one-dimensional game and stop the run and play great coverage, like we did last game.”

“He (Lindsay) is a speedy guy,” junior linebacker D.J. Calhoun said. “He likes to get down and dirty, but I feel like we pop him a little bit he is going to slow down, start tiptoeing.”

“We hear that they are just like us,” Kohl said. “We hear that their discipline is the same and everything like that so we are pretty skeptical. We think they are a good team and everything, but they must be a really good if they are like us, because we think we are pretty awesome. So we are just coming out and playing more physical and everything like that.”

“I know No. 13 (Liufau) from last year,” ASU sophomore defensive lineman Joseph Wicker said. “He’s a competitor and gets after it and he does a lot of boots, a lot of nakeds and stuff like that and he’ll throw picks if he is getting pressured and hit a lot I think.”

“I got a lot of speed as well, so if they want to make it a footrace, I can race all day,” Hayes said.

“I’ve seen on film, they do a lot of slants, cross routes, screen, trips plays,” Wicker said. “They try to run the ball a bit and we are going to try to make it a one-dimensional game and stop the run and play great coverage, like we did last game.”

“He (Lindsay) is a speedy guy,” junior linebacker D.J. Calhoun said. “He likes to get down and dirty, but I feel like we pop him a little bit he is going to slow down, start tiptoeing.”

“We hear that they are just like us,” Kohl said. “We hear that their discipline is the same and everything like that so we are pretty skeptical. We think they are a good team and everything, but they must be a really good if they are like us, because we think we are pretty awesome. So we are just coming out and playing more physical and everything like that.”

USC vs ASU 523 yards vs 303 yards 41 to 20 (including garbage time)
CU vs ASU 580 yards to 199 yards 40 to 16 (including 13 points given by our special teams)

I hate the transitive law of football, but if Sefo had played at USC last week...

Stripper pole state went to LA and got their butts kicked.

Stripper pole state went to Boulder and got the asses handed to them.

Seems to me they should stop talking and start working.

USC vs ASU 523 yards vs 303 yards 41 to 20 (including garbage time)
CU vs ASU 580 yards to 199 yards 40 to 16 (including 13 points given by our special teams)

I hate the transitive law of football, but if Sefo had played at USC last week...
We look about 6-10 points better than USC there; that's what homefield is worth. In my book, when you lose by 3 on the road you're probably the better overall team. I do think a healthy Sefo really manages the team better and the offense is not so stagnant in the first half last week. It's hard to know how healthy he was though. I also have a feeling that we might not have been able to get away with the miscues in the red zone and in the kicking game if Watkins was healthy and mobile.

I'm really happy that we get Wash State and UCLA at home. This is our year to have 5 home conference games, which is perfect timing for The Rise. Missing out on Washington this year is pretty awesome too.

That is pure gold! Haha.

We look about 6-10 points better than USC there; that's what homefield is worth. In my book, when you lose by 3 on the road you're probably the better overall team. I do think a healthy Sefo really manages the team better and the offense is not so stagnant in the first half last week. It's hard to know how healthy he was though. I also have a feeling that we might not have been able to get away with the miscues in the red zone and in the kicking game if Watkins was healthy and mobile.

I'm really happy that we get Wash State and UCLA at home. This is our year to have 5 home conference games, which is perfect timing for The Rise. Missing out on Washington this year is pretty awesome too.
We played poorly against SC.

Such a big relief for me. I can finally relax. In my mind if we lost to USC and ASU we may not even go to a bowl. Now Stanford seems doable and WSU may turn out to be the hardest game left of regular season lol.

We better get some big time commits this week now.

Such a big relief for me. I can finally relax. In my mind if we lost to USC and ASU we may not even go to a bowl. Now Stanford seems doable and WSU may turn out to be the hardest game left of regular season lol.

We better get some big time commits this week now.
Playing at Stanford makes a huge difference. I'm not counting on them turning the ball over 4 times like USC did. I pray to god we're not the game that McCaffrey decides to use to remind Heisman voters about his existence.

So nice seeing the meltdowns on opposition boards. While a fair amount of Pac fans have woken up to CU pretty quickly, there is a stubborn element that is stuck in 2014...until we knock the **** out of their team.

Any links? Yes ... I'm lazy. :p

That's true ... and no laughing matter. The Pirate has the Cougs playing tough on both sides of the ball. Of course Utah won't be any walk in the park either ... but at least we have both of those games at Folsom, so we have that going for us. :)

I think their guys on the lines were far superior. That makes everything look bad. We won the turnover battle big time, which closed the gap.
I think we had a talented freshman QB who hasn't learned how to handle a pass rush. The 3 and outs made our D look bad. As for as our vs their front line...I think I might pick ours over theirs (though I would make a concession and take Zach Banner).

ASU (5-2, 2-2) remaining schedule:

Washington State
@ Oregon
Utah
@ Washington
@ Arizona

Who the hell knows how that will shake out. Next 3 will determine their season. I think they hit 7-5. Possibly 8-4.

Prior to the game, an Arizona State poster said that LOLorado hasn't beaten any ranked teams.
The argument was that CSU, Idaho State, a dog **** Oregon team and a P12 basement dweller like OSU makes for a pillow soft slate of victories.

Well, using that logic, after tonight's victory, CU still hasn't beaten anybody of consequence.

I think that poster also advised that ASU was being disrespected by Vegas. "Mortgage the house", he said. "Get rich and bet the points," he said. "Colorado is going to Colorado," he said.

"Well", I say "welcome, to Colorado football." It's only money, right?

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back