What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones accepts offer to become next CU HC per the Denver Post

I'm guessing he's taking the job, told a few key personnel, told them not to tell anybody, because he needed to face the (cincy) team on his own terms (I believe that's very important to him). One of those few told someone who leaked it to the DP and their Twitter Desk Editor made the decision that it was solid enough to run.

Butch felt betrayed and hurt, and his sincere effort to reach out to his team as a leader was undermined; he then lashed out with a strong denial in an effort to pull it all back together again.

I suspect that's all that is going on here.

This is my exact read as well... But I also think Butch is fooling himself by thinking that stalling for a few days to do it on his own terms is somehow going to make it right with Cincy. Just rip the bandaid off and stop trying to let them down gently.

Or, knowing his character, it could be the UC athletic department diabolically leaking it so Butch wound think it was CU, thereby souring the relationship before it starts.

Like kidnapping a Princess for Florin and blaming it on Guilder?

We want the best coach, yes. And maybe BJ is that coach. And maybe he takes the gig tomorrow. Maybe not.

But something doesn't feel right about him to me. Don't we want someone who really WANTS the job, not based on what UC will counter with? And don't we want someone who's actually built something? All BJ's done is maintain in Kelly's wake. He hasn't burned the house down. And don't we want someone who's clearly hungry to step to the next level, even if it means some lean years? I think he's scared, honestly. He likes the money, the town, the BCS conference, but is afraid of what it will take to be successful. And the risk.

Anyway, if he doesn't take the job, Bohn better have DeRuyter waiting in the wings quickly. We are going to look like even bigger losers than we already do if this thing languishes. EVERYONE else has hired, only Tennessee is still empty, and only because they shoot for the stars with coaching hires. And Cal just the guy we should have been after the whole time IMO.

if he is playing us to go to tenn for 3.5 per, he's going to make my top 5 most hated coaches of all time list.

I blame the incessant need for media types to try to scope one another - with the 24x7 news cycle it has gotten insane. RM was posting this morning there would be an announcement within the hour. Add to that the leaks with the AD by low level lackeys. All this just fuels this confusion and misinformation. Look at Arkansas - no one knew it was coming until they released the information.

Damn I was out of reception for the last 5 1/2 hours and WTF??? I just logged in and what the he** is goin on?

Can we please try to hire DeRuyter? Jones is lying through his teeth to someone if not everyone. Not the way to start a relationship.

yea this dude sounds like serious drama...and that is 1 thing CU doesn't need now...

I'm guessing he's taking the job, told a few key personnel, told them not to tell anybody, because he needed to face the (cincy) team on his own terms (I believe that's very important to him). One of those few told someone who leaked it to the DP and their Twitter Desk Editor made the decision that it was solid enough to run.

Butch felt betrayed and hurt, and his sincere effort to reach out to his team as a leader was undermined; he then lashed out with a strong denial in an effort to pull it all back together again.

I suspect that's all that is going on here.

If so then why deny it once the cat was out if the bag? now he's a liar if he takes the job. This guy is already rubbing CU fans the wrong way and he hasn't even started yet.

If so then why deny it once the cat was out if the bag? now he's a liar if he takes the job. This guy is already rubbing CU fans the wrong way and he hasn't even started yet.

If he wins no one will care. If he doesn't it will be something else in addition to losing the fans can hold against him.

Last edited:
This is you.

[video=youtube;5ST3YffQ4KE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5ST3YffQ4KE[/video]

I think you guys collectively have weak knees. It's only Wednesday. Let the guy leave Cincinatti with some dignity and respect for his players. He is trying to do this the right way. He doesn't owe you anything.

No ****...he has been doing whatever behind the scenes, and the media has acted like he is the second coming of the Beatles and mobbing him for info.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Hey Guys,
Just doin' some last minute research here. Always been a bit of a procrastinator. LOL! U Have any good chili out there?
Regards,
BJ

Reactions: dio
Hey Guys,
Just doin' some last minute research here. Always been a bit of a procrastinator. LOL! U Have any good chili out there?
Regards,
BJ

Have you ever heard of Sams #3? Now, it is GREEN Chili, so I hope that is appropriate, but hot dang it is good.

Hey Guys,
Regards,
BJ
tumblr_lij6to2DwU1qgaehq.jpg

How bout that? Close enough.

Kensler article headline on Denver Post: "Butch Jones to be Colorado coach, source says; Jones denied decision"

Does this mean that he had anything to do with the earlier article?

I've had enough of this circus and want it to end, whether we get Jones or not.

Last edited:
Hopefully we find out one way or another tomorrow. At this point I am not really sure I care if he takes the job or not. Just get on with it so we can all get on with our lives. It's not like this guy is a top tier coach like Saban or Meyer. There are other guys out there in this tier. His obsession with fulfilling bowl responsibilities and wanting to inform his team in person has really made both him and CU look like idots. Especially all the twatting and flight tracking and food cart bull****. GMAFB. You either want he job or you don't or you do but your wife won't let you. Just come out and say it.

I hope we announce MacIntyre tomorrow before Butch has a chance to say anything.

his explanation for all of this nonsense at the press conference better be pretty ****ing good

OMG! Just scanned the last 3 or 4 pages of posts. Someone please archive this! :rofl2:

put me in the dont care catagory as well... this guy's running around like he's won 3 bcs championships... he's 9-3 tied with 3 other teams in the "crap east" conf.... would be glad to have em..seems like a decent football coach...but why dont we interview some guys that want to go to work rebuilding cu!...the most important news out of all this is cu's commit to upgrading facilities to the tune of $200 mil.... this will help the program start competing in the pac for the longterm whoever the coach is

Back