What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones

That's kind of what I'm saying - I'd prefer a guy who has been involved in stepping up in the big games. But if we get Jones, fine.

I really think that pretty much evens out over time. Look at Notre Dame last year and Notre Dame this year. Look at Michigan last year and Michigan this year. Sometimes things go your way and sometimes they don't. What I'd like to see from him is larger margins of victories versus bad to mediocre teams. Do that and your chances of having a special season go way up. If you keep all your games close, barring a miraculous season, you'll lose a few, and this is what he has done.

How does Butch Jones fit the basketball profile we're supposedly looking for? He has never had to rebuild anything as a HC.

We are wasting our time. He's going to Purdue. Guaranteed. Let's move on to someone that a better program isn't pursuing.

Never thought I would see the day that Purdue would be considered a better job than Colorado

I agree, its a tough pill to swallow but that's reality and we have to accept it. We need to get back to mere respectability first. Then bowl eligibility. Then maybe we can think about returning to the glory days.

We are wasting our time. He's going to Purdue. Guaranteed. Let's move on to someone that a better program isn't pursuing.

Looking only at people no one wants didn't work so well for us last time. You never know what's going to sell a particular coach to a particular job, so why not at least try (for those we have a realistic shot at). I know we want a coach ASAP, but a few extra days to try and get a Plan A type coach seems worth it to me, rather than just going immediately to Plans B,C,D,etc.

Looking only at people no one wants didn't work so well for us last time. You never know what's going to sell a particular coach to a particular job, so why not at least try (for those we have a realistic shot at). I know we want a coach ASAP, but a few extra days to try and get a Plan A type coach seems worth it to me, rather than just going immediately to Plans B,C,D,etc.

yep, remember Jim Mora wanted to come to CU in 2010. There has to be another good ambitious coach with a huge ego that tells him he can turn around a program like Colorado.

no need to panic yet. we don't know what the plan is. doeren took 1.8mm from nc state. we're supposedly in the 2.5 range and in a better conference than nc state, by far. that leads me to speculate he wasn't really even a serious candidate. same might be true with jones.

there may still be something up bohn's sleeve.

and, if these hcs don't work out, there are several top program coordinators who would be potentially great here.

no need to panic yet. we don't know what the plan is. doeren took 1.8mm from nc state. we're supposedly in the 2.5 range and in a better conference than nc state, by far. that leads me to speculate he wasn't really even a serious candidate. same might be true with jones.

there may still be something up bohn's sleeve.

and, if these hcs don't work out, there are several top program coordinators who would be potentially great here.

This, I think Bohn is playing this so close he has everybody fooled on what he's doing right now. Fans, close sources, Media etc. I think the chances are real good a coordinator is named the next CU HC.

And whoever thinks CU is not going after a coordinator because Bohn said he wanted to hire a current HC, remember this is the same man who said Embree would be here next season just 3 weeks ago!

This, I think Bohn is playing this so close he has everybody fooled on what he's doing right now. Fans, close sources, Media etc. I think the chances are real good a coordinator is named the next CU HC.

And whoever thinks CU is not going after a coordinator because Bohn said he wanted to hire a current HC, remember this is the same man who said Embree would be here next season just 3 weeks ago!
He did?

I don't remember him making any kind of a statement about Embree, I could be wrong though.

I remember Embree making statements that Bohn told him he'd be back. I don't remember Bohn ever commenting publicly. Benson did, but I don't remember Bohn. Maybe I'm forgetfully wrong, though.

SIAP
"Football Rumor Mill ‏@fbrumormill
Bearcat Lair reports Cincinnati coach Butch Jones will likely interview at Purdue at Colorado"

I remember Embree making statements that Bohn told him he'd be back. I don't remember Bohn ever commenting publicly. Benson did, but I don't remember Bohn. Maybe I'm forgetfully wrong, though.

Ya, I might be wrong and this is what I was thinking. Regardless, we shouldn't always believe what we hear or read.

Been thinking all along that Bohn has a plan and is not sharing it. Said it before, but on big decisions he has surprised everyone. Tow biggest examples are the move to the PAC and the firing of Embree. He locks things down pretty tight when he wants to and my guess is the details are being worked out in the background where they should be, out of the public view.

Back