What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BYU vs OU

Gonna be a long year for the Sooners me thinks. I see probable 4 or 5 losses.

Thanks for ****ing up a great day by the Big 12 Sooners!

Gonna be a long year for the Sooners me thinks. I see probable 4 or 5 losses.

Thanks for ****ing up a great day by the Big 12 Sooners!
I don't know. I could see them winning a bunch in a row and getting the early season loss "bye" by the pollsters.

Edit:
I am referring to the AP Poll BS rule: the bigger the team name the more willing the pollsters are willing to overlook early season losses.

Last edited:
A #3 ranking must be some sort of curse for OU.

Buckle up for an other round of 'why there ought to be a playoff' talk.

I don't know. I could see them winning a bunch in a row and getting the early season loss "bye" by the pollsters.

Edit:
I am referring to the AP Poll BS rule: the bigger the team name the more willing the pollsters are willing to overlook early season losses.

If you are going to lose, lose early. Early is about the only time a team can make mistakes and that was the way it was with or without the BCS.

Oh well, I'm not losing sleep over it.

Edit:

With that O-line, I think OU will lose to Texas, Kansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma St.

Miami, Baylor and Tech could give them fits as well

Buckle up for an other round of 'why there ought to be a playoff' talk.

I don't know, I don't see it unless it is the OU lobby that would promote that now. For the most part, OU still has their future in their own hands. This won't be the last upset of the year.

The teams that will want the playoff are the 1-loss teams that lose late in the season and fall beneath OU (under the assumption OU runs the table from here out).

We know the subject is moot because they lose to CU in the B12C.

I think they would. Don't forget that they also have FSU on their schedule, and I'm not talking about Fresno State.

If BYU runs the table, including wins over OU, Florida State, Utah and TCU, they have an SOS arguement.

But if there are other undefeated teams from a BCS conf, then the cougars would be on the outside looking in.

Any pair of undefeated teams from the likes of Florida, USC, Texas, OSU and even Notre Dame would bust BYU's BCS buster bubble.

If BYU runs the table, including wins over OU, Florida State, Utah and TCU, they have an SOS arguement.

But if there are other undefeated teams from a BCS conf, then the cougars would be on the outside looking in.

Any pair of undefeated teams from the likes of Florida, USC, Texas, OSU and even Notre Dame would bust BYU's BCS buster bubble.

True, 2 other undefeated teams from a BCS conference would almost definitely finish ahead of BYU in the rankings. I'm actually not so sure about nd though given their weak-ass schedule.

Bradford made a mistake coming back this season having lost virtually his entire line.

I hope he heals quickly and gets through the rest of the season healthy.

Bradford made a mistake coming back this season having lost virtually his entire line.

I hope he heals quickly and gets through the rest of the season healthy.
I absolutely agree. What a huge piece of bad judgement on his part. OU loses 3-4 this season, at least! This just became a one team conference.

Bradford has no chance this year with his Oline, they are very young (in the sense that they havent played much) and he will not put up the same numbers as last year, not even close

Obviously he may have paid the price for that. Bet he's thinking NFL woulda, coulda, shoulda right about now...

They didn't score that many when he was in. Has the O been significantly impacted by him not being out there? They struggled before he went out and they are still struggling without him. To me they seem to be performing at about the same level. I don't think Bradford adds a whole lot to the O. JMHO

Correct. OU looked awful on offensive all night. Not a good O-Line at this point makes a Heisman winner look pretty ordinary!

I really liked how the ESPN reporter said he was out after the 2nd quarter began. I can't wait to hear about the daily happenings of Bradford's life. :rolleyes:

Correct. OU looked awful on offensive all night. Not a good O-Line at this point makes a Heisman winner look pretty ordinary!

Put me in the camp of those that say an experienced offensive line is the best barometer for how a team is going to perform. Oregon and Oklahoma showed how much an inexperienced o-line will stall a powerhouse offense. BYU too, even though they won. I predict they'll lose at least 2 games this year, probably 3.

Put me in the camp of those that say an experienced offensive line is the best barometer for how a team is going to perform. Oregon and Oklahoma showed how much an inexperienced o-line will stall a powerhouse offense. BYU too, even though they won. I predict they'll lose at least 2 games this year, probably 3.

On the flip side of that, misery lost just about all of their skill-position players but bring back a strong line, so maybe we shouldn't be all that surprised at their offensive success yesterday. :huh:

Back