What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Callahan

About 16 Days :thumbsup:

As much as it pains me to say it, I actually think you are right. I think he has been pointing to this game and has a chance to pull the uppie at home, if he doesn't play, not to get blown out, like he did last year. That said, I hope you get blown out!:thumbsup:

As much as it pains me to say it, I actually think you are right. I think he has been pointing to this game and has a chance to pull the uppie at home, if he doesn't play, not to get blown out, like he did last year. That said, I hope you get blown out!:thumbsup:

Oh **** I was pointing to the Ball State game....*kidding* :cool:

Then tell your red polyester wearing bubbas to go easy on the "we're the classiest team/fans/program in NCAA history." That ship has sailed (or sunk!).

Cally better win, and win big, because he's pissed off a good number of the old guard, and they'll turn on him in a minute if the W's don't show up.

I personally hope he does win. We need the entire Big 12 North to step it up so both fans can quit with the "well, we won the North, but really, how big of a deal was it?" I think CU and NU are on the upswing, and KSU showed well at Auburn. Guaranteed that Mizzou will pick a bad time this year to remember that they are Mizzou. Chase Daniel is a gamer, and they have a stud at TE, but Pinkel hasn't shown that he can win a big one. Before I get accused of digressing...how much longer until Cally wins a big game?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Billy C's first big win (other than Michigan) will be next year against Va Tech.

It's nice to think NU's going to beat SC. The game is at home and SC really didn't look that good against a pretty worthless Idaho team. But Pete Carroll has TWO weeks to prepare his team for this game. That's straight dangerous! I do think the game will be close and come down to the fourth quarter. But SC is just too damn good.

Boy, UT sure looked crappy last week getting out-rushed, out-passed, out-first downed and out-TOPed by who? Arkansas St. Perhaps NU could win at UT this year. Perhaps. Right now, after seeing how UT played, there's really not a lot of reasons why not to think NU couldn't win that game. I just don't think they're going to is all.

Next year against Va Tech we'll have a new QB. It'll be one of the following: Joe Ganz, Patrick Witt, Zac Lee, or Blaine Gabbert.

Ganz = loss
Witt = win
Lee = ???
Gabby = ???

JMO of course.

~Dusty

What is with Nebraska scheduling 1 decent team a year now? Forgive the Wake Forret discredit, but you scheduled them when they were a perennial doormat....

With that said.... Wake doesn't look nearly as good as last year right now.

I think SC and UT are winable games this year for the Corn, to be honest. I think they are lucky that OU isn't on their schedule though. I expect OU to run the table in the B12 this year. Other than CU of course ; ). I think OU wins the B12 this year and has a shot at the big game especially after the Corn knocks off SC. You guys have to admit that the Corn beating SC would be good for all of the B12 especially after we kick their butts later in the year!!!

I think SC and UT are winable games this year for the Corn, to be honest. I think they are lucky that OU isn't on their schedule though. I expect OU to run the table in the B12 this year. Other than CU of course ; ). I think OU wins the B12 this year and has a shot at the big game especially after the Corn knocks off SC. You guys have to admit that the Corn beating SC would be good for all of the B12 especially after we kick their butts later in the year!!!

Good maybe, Infuriating definately

What is with Nebraska scheduling 1 decent team a year now? Forgive the Wake Forret discredit, but you scheduled them when they were a perennial doormat....

With that said.... Wake doesn't look nearly as good as last year right now.

We want a big team to play every year because it's sweet. Look how much fun the SC game is. Look how much fun the OSU/UT games were or the CU/Mich game. Big time nonconference games get you a lot of Pub.

Yeah we scheduled Wake when they were down (like they always were) and we also scheduled SC when they were down. But SC was always a BIG-TIME program.

The UT game certainly looks winable right now after that debacle down there against Arkie Lite, but I think we're all pretty sure it was just a fluke and UT is still UT. UT will settle down more as the year goes on and get into the groove and by the time NU plays em, they'll just be awesome. They'll be solid like they always are and a very tough team to beat in Austin. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that NU upsets, I just am not betting on it.

We want a big team to play every year because it's sweet. Look how much fun the SC game is. Look how much fun the OSU/UT games were or the CU/Mich game. Big time nonconference games get you a lot of Pub.

Yeah we scheduled Wake when they were down (like they always were) and we also scheduled SC when they were down. But SC was always a BIG-TIME program.

We have known that for years :thumbsup:

I'll give you guys credit for stepping up the non conference schedule with a marquee game every year. In fact, there are a few conference schools who need an attaboy for stepping up their schedules, including KSU going to Auburn and Aggy going to Miami. Two years ago the B12nonconference schedules were downright embarrassing.

It would be nice to see the horns play a tougher schedule-TCU is decent, but the rest of their schedule is laughable. I suppose when you can start the season ranked in the top 3 there is no incentive to play a potential loss game and jeopardize a shot at the mnc:huh:

someday, you are going to have to decide which side of the fence you are going to be on. are you a supporter of the notion that you will be a homer and no one will tell you different? if so, you just can't turn around and ask someone else how the koolaid tastes.

fib had a post full of really good questions. how about you focus on the wealth of what he was saying instead of the smallest iota of it? or does the wealth of it leave you speechless?

this is a thread about cally. fib had alot to say about the circumstances in which he was brought in & the expectations. fuskers have consistently failed to step to this line of questioning which has reverberated throughout the thread.

Okay well here let me slow this down for you since you seem to think your best thing since sliced bread! I can love my team regardless and say that they are going to beat any team at any time! However; reality is you have to strap on the helmets and play the game and sooner or later one of the other teams is going to win/lose. Look at us with KU...............we beat the **** out of them for years and years and then 3 years ago they beat us in their house. I can say right now that I think/hope my team will beat USC. Reality is on paper they are way better than us so it's a small chance however there is a chance. I've tried numerous times to be cordial with your bitchy ass, but it doesn't seem to matter what anyone says your going to form your own ****ed up opinion. I think I have tried to show nothing but respect for the buffs while I've been here as well lady and I would expect the same in return? I actually wished you guys good luck last week if you search the posts!

Bottom line the NU program is heading in the right direction and you will hopefully see that after this season. I don't expect you to pull your head out of your ass long enough to recognize that though.

well played dusty and kamel. that was entertaining to read.

bigred****stick - shut your whiney punkass up until you can bring something to the table other than a petty 15 year old temper tantrum, m'kay? it gets grating as hell.

Deal with it because now you now how everyone outside of your fanbase would take your dumbass. :moon:

:lol: that idea might not generalize as much as you would like to think. unless my fanbase has extended to about 15-20 different teams, which i can assure you, it has not, then you would be hard pressed to explain how i can get along famously with a wide range of people.

i just hate stub-diked, stupid, taint licking fuskers.

dusty has clearly removed himself from that group. csuhusker has clearly removed himself from that group. with each post, you confirm your status as the ringleader of that group, which includes famous fusker personalities like the homie from omie.

again, since you have the intellectual range of a dirty mop, if you want to answer fib, he would deserve a worthy response instead of your incessant whining:

ladyblaise said:
fib had a post full of really good questions. how about you focus on the wealth of what he was saying instead of the smallest iota of it? or does the wealth of it leave you speechless?

this is a thread about cally. fib had alot to say about the circumstances in which he was brought in & the expectations. fuskers have consistently failed to step to this line of questioning which has reverberated throughout the thread.

Last edited:
I'll give you guys credit for stepping up the non conference schedule with a marquee game every year. In fact, there are a few conference schools who need an attaboy for stepping up their schedules, including KSU going to Auburn and Aggy going to Miami. Two years ago the B12nonconference schedules were downright embarrassing.

It would be nice to see the horns play a tougher schedule-TCU is decent, but the rest of their schedule is laughable. I suppose when you can start the season ranked in the top 3 there is no incentive to play a potential loss game and jeopardize a shot at the mnc:huh:

let's not jump all over UT's nonconference scheduling just yet there stampy. Don't forget they just got done with a home and home with Ohio St. Remember? #1 vs. #2...

~Dusty

Last edited:
someday, you are going to have to decide which side of the fence you are going to be on. are you a supporter of the notion that you will be a homer and no one will tell you different? if so, you just can't turn around and ask someone else how the koolaid tastes.

Billy C was brought into a program that was depleted of athletic talent. Especially at Offensive Line. You can always point to specific players and say, "look at them, they were Solich players and they were a 1st round draft pick!" There was very little depth in the program though. Then he tried to run his West Coast Offense with Option personnel. Very difficult. He's bringing in better talent into the program every year and building depth. He's showing improvement every year. The only question is what's Billy C's ceiling? Will he keep improving til we are a top 20 program? A top 10 program? A top 5 program? A Nat'l Championship contender? We'll find out. But so far he's on the right track. He's not getting it done immediately, he's taking a number of years to do it. That's fine. Just get us there.

As far as Husker fans expectations: They are ultimately the same. We want National Titles. But are we really going to go from 5-6 to Sears Trophy? You've gotta take it one step at a time. Let's go win the north. Ok, we did it. Now you're hearing NU fans talking about winning the conference again. Once we get that taken care of (and it's not a fluke), you'll start hearing NU fans start wanting Nat'l Titles again. Just because NU fan says "we want Championships" and Billy C has delivered none doesn't mean that we don't like Billy C or that Billy C has dropped the proverbial ball.

The first year was just a bust. The second year we actually got a real QB (sound familiar CU?) and we were wanting a north championship, but the o-line was still weak and that position takes the longest amount of time to develope. Ended up just shy of a North Championship. Third year, we win the north. 4th, we're in great shape to win the north, and we've had as good of a team with Billy C as we've had yet. And it's my opinion that we have a better shot to win the Big 12 than last year. But DeMarco Murray is looking pretty Heismany right about.

It's pretty hard to deny that we're not getting progressively better under Callahan since he took over.

~Dusty

Billy C was brought into a program that was depleted of athletic talent. Especially at Offensive Line. You can always point to specific players and say, "look at them, they were Solich players and they were a 1st round draft pick!" There was very little depth in the program though. Then he tried to run his West Coast Offense with Option personnel. Very difficult. He's bringing in better talent into the program every year and building depth. He's showing improvement every year. The only question is what's Billy C's ceiling? Will he keep improving til we are a top 20 program? A top 10 program? A top 5 program? A Nat'l Championship contender? We'll find out. But so far he's on the right track. He's not getting it done immediately, he's taking a number of years to do it. That's fine. Just get us there.

As far as Husker fans expectations: They are ultimately the same. We want National Titles. But are we really going to go from 5-6 to Sears Trophy? You've gotta take it one step at a time. Let's go win the north. Ok, we did it. Now you're hearing NU fans talking about winning the conference again. Once we get that taken care of (and it's not a fluke), you'll start hearing NU fans start wanting Nat'l Titles again. Just because NU fan says "we want Championships" and Billy C has delivered none doesn't mean that we don't like Billy C or that Billy C has dropped the proverbial ball.

The first year was just a bust. The second year we actually got a real QB (sound familiar CU?) and we were wanting a north championship, but the o-line was still weak and that position takes the longest amount of time to develope. Ended up just shy of a North Championship. Third year, we win the north. 4th, we're in great shape to win the north, and we've had as good of a team with Billy C as we've had yet. And it's my opinion that we have a better shot to win the Big 12 than last year. But DeMarco Murray is looking pretty Heismany right about.

It's pretty hard to deny that we're not getting progressively better under Callahan since he took over.

~Dusty

i totally appreaciate your thoughts. the fact that they are halfway lucid (most of the time :wink2:) is why i am starting to warm to you a bit.

there is nothing glaringly inaccurate in what you said. perhaps *slightly* one sided, but by no means insanely off the mark.

while it is true that nu did not have an oline at the turnover which was completely draftable within the first two rounds, one cannot say that talent was COMPLETELY devoid on the roster, nor that the recruiting classes were other than highly regarded.

i do not know if i can agree that cally is making steps towards conference domination, or if the north has disintegrated into a tard fight. i suspect the latter, but maybe you are right. time will tell. i do appreciate that you are willing to stay the course with your team.

Last edited:
How about some of the other teams in the north??? Does anyone see a team that may be a surprise to people this season??? I think that KSUcks definately has the makings of a good team if only Freeman can get some time to throw the ball and two can get the experience needed to make better decisions. It just seems they are starting to move in the right direction.......

How about some of the other teams in the north??? Does anyone see a team that may be a surprise to people this season??? I think that KSUcks definately has the makings of a good team if only Freeman can get some time to throw the ball and two can get the experience needed to make better decisions. It just seems they are starting to move in the right direction.......

i was definitly surprised with how they hung with Aubrun. not unlike CU did at UGA last year and we all know how that turned out. :huh:

time will tell but i think Kjuco will be an interesting team to watch this year in the north and how much progress they can make.

:lol: that idea might not generalize as much as you would like to think. unless my fanbase has extended to about 15-20 different teams, which i can assure you, it has not, then you would be hard pressed to explain how i can get along famously with a wide range of people.

i just hate stub-diked, stupid, taint licking fuskers.

dusty has clearly removed himself from that group. csuhusker has clearly removed himself from that group. with each post, you confirm your status as the ringleader of that group, which includes famous fusker personalities like the homie from omie.

again, since you have the intellectual range of a dirty mop, if you want to answer fib, he would deserve a worthy response instead of your incessant whining:

Okay here is your answer. To me he is moving the team in the right direction. Some fans are becoming impatient because we haven't won a Big XII Championship or a large bowl game and I can understand and appreciate their feelings. However they seem to forget that if we do for some reason get rid of Cally that we will create an ugly revolving door at NU that is going to lead us nowhere except to the bottom of the Big XII North. Let's take for example Hawkins first season. It was disappointing to you guys as was Cally's first year. Hawkins needs some time to get things going in the right direction and implement his beliefs at Colorado before you are successful again. Same thing with Cally. He now has been with NU for 4 years now and you are beginning to see what he wants to do with NU. I am willing to give him about 3 or 4 more years to see if he can start getting NU those Big XII Championships and big bowl game wins (along with wins against teams like Texas, OU, and USC) before I start to wonder if he should be our coach anymore. I respect the guy for what he has done and I honestly think we are moving in the right direction......................would I have liked a National Championship by now.............................well of course who doesn't want that for their team. The talent is beginning to take shape he just has to get out of his own way sometimes. :wink2:

I don't think Freeman is going to survive the year, so no. They'll finish with the same record they had last year.

Okay here is your answer. To me he is moving the team in the right direction. Some fans are becoming impatient because we haven't won a Big XII Championship or a large bowl game and I can understand and appreciate their feelings. However they seem to forget that if we do for some reason get rid of Cally that we will create an ugly revolving door at NU that is going to lead us nowhere except to the bottom of the Big XII North. Let's take for example Hawkins first season. It was disappointing to you guys as was Cally's first year. Hawkins needs some time to get things going in the right direction and implement his beliefs at Colorado before you are successful again. Same thing with Cally. He now has been with NU for 4 years now and you are beginning to see what he wants to do with NU. I am willing to give him about 3 or 4 more years to see if he can start getting NU those Big XII Championships and big bowl game wins (along with wins against teams like Texas, OU, and USC) before I start to wonder if he should be our coach anymore. I respect the guy for what he has done and I honestly think we are moving in the right direction......................would I have liked a National Championship by now.............................well of course who doesn't want that for their team. The talent is beginning to take shape he just has to get out of his own way sometimes. :wink2:

Awesome post BRI! We expect you to love your team, as we love ours, but homer comments and blind expectations are reserved for Buff fans on the Buff board!:thumbsup: This was much more in line with a Husker fans view, without being sobby and demeaning (once again, reserved for Buff fans here!)

Damn, I don't know what the world is comming to if we have a half dozen cognizant fusker fans here. It will be a bit disconcerting to say the least.:confused:

Awesome post BRI! We expect you to love your team, as we love ours, but homer comments and blind expectations are reserved for Buff fans on the Buff board!:thumbsup: This was much more in line with a Husker fans view, without being sobby and demeaning (once again, reserved for Buff fans here!)

Damn, I don't know what the world is comming to if we have a half dozen cognizant fusker fans here. It will be a bit disconcerting to say the least.:confused:

Thanks I appreciate it that and I think in a way we Husker fans and you Buff fans know where one another are coming from. It's definately a growing pains type of period and you have to take the bad with the good unfortunately. It's only a matter of time before NU and CU are up at the top again and help bring the Big XII North some respect again.

Back