What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Calling for coaches to be fired

lvbuff

i tend to think this is a bull**** reaction.

Didn't hear a lot of this language last season, after one loss this season the fire the coach people are out in force.

If Athletic Directors and head coaches listened to this BS coaches wouldn't last more than a game or two every season.

Wanting coaches fired every week is silly and inane.

i wouldn't make any staff changes now. this is about program growth. we've got a pipeline of players moving through the system now. we've got a clear idea of what we want to do, both defensively and offensively. that's how mm ended up with dj after the traitor leavitt departed-- similar scheme and in line with what mm wants to do on defense.

this is a strategic plan. we haven't had one since barnett roamed the sidelines and even then he was, imho, a little too wedded to "i know this guy and he can coach" and less to "i want to emphasize XYZ in this phase of the game and this guy can do that."

the next step in our evolution is more athletes, and more who can play earlier. sure, it is easy to focus on the calls we don't agree with and on the occasional bonehead plays that guys sometimes make. but, that's not why we got beat. to win, because we are not, top to bottom, as athletic and experienced as uw, we needed our guys to execute extremely well (not perfectly-- our program development is past that now). we did not execute as well as necessary to pull the upset.

this staff is functioning very well in most phases of the job. the big thing we need to take the next step is, like i said above, recruiting. we need guys who can push starters. and we need guys, especially on the lines, that can spell starters. watching the uw d-line rotation confirms this.

it is hard to be patient, but losing to a team that i think is probably the 2nd best team in the conference (and this conference is way tougher than the east coast media gives it credit for) illustrates what we need to do to move up the food chain.

let's see what happens.

If only we'd gotten rid of him. Wouldn't have had to endure that ten win season last year. Fml.

I call BS on that!!! Would have still won 10 games and possibly by much larger margin. Rewatch all the games and you will see a very sporadic offense with a bad play calling rhythm like we are encountering this year. "You are the weak link!" Lindgren is in need of just being the QB coach. Give Chev a chance the rest of the year, couldn't be any worse.

If only we'd gotten rid of him. Wouldn't have had to endure that ten win season last year. Fml.
Yes, because our offense was the reason we had such a good season last year....

I like how the OP says "calling for Lindgren's head after just one loss", like everything was great up until this Washington game. We played bad against CSU but still won because they are a bad team. We played bad against Texas State but still won because they are a bad team. We played bad against UNC but still won because they are a bad team. We played bad against Washington and lost because they are a good team....

If you don't see that there is a problem here, I don't know what to tell you. The problem is not only that Lindgren's playcalling is god awful and causes our offense to stall several drives in a row in almost every game, it's that he is a god awful recruiter and is doing nothing to improve the talent level. If you have a great schematic advantage but are a terrible recruiter, that is ok. If you are schematically weak but are a great recruiter, that is also ok. But when you are schematically weak and also a terrible recruiter.... why do you have a job as an offensive coordinator at a P5 school?

Same goes for Bernardi minus the offensive coordinator part... I honestly don't even know what his role is, or if he even has one....

I call BS on that!!! Would have still won 10 games and possibly by much larger margin. Rewatch all the games and you will see a very sporadic offense with a bad play calling rhythm like we are encountering this year. "You are the weak link!" Lindgren is in need of just being the QB coach. Give Chev a chance the rest of the year, couldn't be any worse.

Hell no to keeping Lindgren as qb coach. Sefo looked like a potential stud as a true freshman (if you guys remember, he was pretty much the lone bright spot on that team with the caveat that he would choke at the very end of the game, which could very easily have been fixed with coaching). Montez looked like a potential stud last year. The only thing Lindgren has shown me as a qb coach is that he is good at causing his quarterbacks to regress past the point they were at in high school

Hell no to keeping Lindgren as qb coach. Sefo looked like a potential stud as a true freshman (if you guys remember, he was pretty much the lone bright spot on that team with the caveat that he would choke at the very end of the game, which could very easily have been fixed with coaching). Montez looked like a potential stud last year. The only thing Lindgren has shown me as a qb coach is that he is good at causing his quarterbacks to regress past the point they were at in high school

Your argument holds water, I was just trying to be nice.

In all seriousness, Eliot has done a very solid job as his replacement here.....look at what the defense held Browning to the other night.

Once they figured out they could run through us sure. He better find a way to get pressure on rosen. Haven't heard callier, mac or sparaco's names much.

Fire them all and replace with Parcells, Lombardi, Pete the Cheat, and Bellichick. Of course they're just Chiv's assistants because it is widely known that Chiv is the real man of genius behind last year's Rise. Tom Landry and Saban (Lou not Nick) are on the bubble.

I just can't understand why Chiv is not in the HOF yet.

What games were you watching in 2013? Sefo choked at very end of games and looked a potential stud?

The only calls for firing I've heard of her Lindgren Bernardi Jeffcoat. People of been pretty consistent and not really liking those three very much.

What I think most fans forget/ignore/don’t realize is that on offense, there have been SO many big play opportunities that were called perfectly but the players just didn’t execute - overthrown balls, dropped balls, RB cut wrong direction, etc. Then the OC is like, “****, now I have to run some bill**** I know these guys can execute.” There were two huge ones v Washington.

Only reason we lose BL is because he gets offered a better job. If you can't get your heart around that, change your handle to DrunkBienemy and start watching games with DP.

What evidence does anyone have that shows Chev is anything but a project at OC? We saw what that looked like when your moniker was one. No thanks.

What I think most fans forget/ignore/don’t realize is that on offense, there have been SO many big play opportunities that were called perfectly but the players just didn’t execute - overthrown balls, dropped balls, RB cut wrong direction, etc. Then the OC is like, “****, now I have to run some bill**** I know these guys can execute.” There were two huge ones v Washington.
It's on the coaches to teach them how to execute and prevent those things. You can't give someone a pass on one part of his job because they're not doing a good enough job at the other.

Lindgren grades (not 4 games, but 5 years)

Offensive identity - C-
Scheming - B (for scripted drives)
Innovativeness - C-
Play calling - D+
Optimizing scheme to personnel - C
QB development - D-
Recruiting - D
Leadership - C-

Any other parameters to include?

i tend to think this is a bull**** reaction.

Didn't hear a lot of this language last season, after one loss this season the fire the coach people are out in force.

If Athletic Directors and head coaches listened to this BS coaches wouldn't last more than a game or two every season.

Wanting coaches fired every week is silly and inane.

It is bull****. The only reason you say something like that is when we get beat by someone who had no business beating us. Anyone deluded enough to think we should fire a coach because we didnt beat an ascendant top 10 program with all these new starters and a new DC is, well, delusional.

Where we were when Mac & Co. got here compared to where we are now say that things are looking up and the curve is bending in the right direction.

You should always weed and reseed your staff to optimize performance. Why not MM?

Loyalty is good, but it will get you beat.

I agree. I think there're some coaches not carrying their weight and it's fair to call them out.

Back