What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Central Arkansas

i can't really criticize any irrational exuberance, whether from our fans or from central arky's fans.

i recognize we're not incarnate wood, but we do have a few athletes on the team. i hope we can stay within 20 of them so that the final score is respectable. it would be a quality loss for us.

maybe our poor overmatched Buffs will play a perfect game and manage to win a nail-biter. dare i dream?

even if we win, if we get rolled by ****ing fresno next week, i'm going to be pissed. even though i expect it.

We have an incarnate Wood on our team, that's for sure

My understanding is that you either give yourself a full week, or you come in as close to gametime as possible. Sitting around for 2 days is the worst choice.... good news for us!

I don't know what's right, I just quoted the article, which says more time at altitude is better.

From mtucker on the UCA board. Seems to think our fans suck and we only won b/c of two blown coverage pays v Richardson.

mtucker.bd
Post subject: Re: @Colorado 9/7/13Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:59 pm

"Hey guys, I'm a UCA alum who just recently moved to Colorado. I went to the CU vs. CSU game tonight so I thought I'd give my take on CU.

Several things that the box score and a stat sheet might not tell you.

#6 - Paul Richardson is definitely their big-play guy. A lot of his yards came off of a busted coverage on CU's second offensive play. Quarterback gets pressured, starts to scramble, looks up field, and there isn't a CSU defender within 25 yards of Richardson. Easy 82 yard touchdown. The 75 yard reception was on a wheel route - he got a couple of steps on the defender and was gone from there.

The quarterback, Connor Wood, seemed pretty decent. Definitely had the arm strength to make the throws. He was very good on 3rd down. He converted several big third downs. Isn't terribly fast, but definitely knows how to avoid pressure.

The CU running attack wasn't very impressive. There was a bigger back and then a shiftier guy. Neither of them seemed very scary. Even when they went power with a fullback or two tight ends, they weren't very productive. They ran a few read option type of plays, but not enough to really have to worry about. Especially since Wood isn't a huge running threat.

Defensively, it's hard to say . CSU didn't seem to have any big-play threats at all. I think CSU's low offensive numbers were definitely more about CSU being bad on offense than CU being good on defense.

CU's kick coverage unit and punt coverage unit were flat out awful. CSU had a punt return for a touchdown and kick return that went down to the 20 or so. Every kick return was almost broken for a touchdown. They finally started squib kicking in the fourth quarter. Hopefully, they will have to spend quite a bit of time working on that this week.

Intangibles

CU's fanbase isn't anything special. CSU's student section was definitely louder and more involved than CU's. I wouldn't expect a full stadium next Saturday, and they won't be very loud consistently. A lot of CU students are only going to be there for the social aspect.

The altitude - this worries me a little bit. Some people feel it more than others. I think they'll be alright for the most part because if you're in shape, you're in shape. I do worry about altitude sickness. This seems to be fairly common over here. Hopefully it doesn't affect too many of our players.

The trade-off for the altitude will be the weather. It may be hot before game time, but it'll cool off quite a bit during the game. Most days, rain showers will roll through the Boulder area in the afternoon. This has happened pretty much daily since I've been here. Typically, it doesn't rain a lot, and it cools down afterwards. Also, very little humidity.

I'm hoping they'll come in over-confident, and looking past us. Either way, I think we have a very good chance to pull off the upset."

i love it when people who have likely never even been in folsom for a game opine about what the vibe will be like. transplanted arky guy is going to be in for a surprise.

Someone from SEC country saying another school's fanbase is ****ty.

What a surprise.

From mtucker on the UCA board. Seems to think our fans suck and we only won b/c of two blown coverage pays v Richardson.

mtucker.bd
Post subject: Re: @Colorado 9/7/13Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:59 pm

"Hey guys, I'm a UCA alum who just recently moved to Colorado. I went to the CU vs. CSU game tonight so I thought I'd give my take on CU.

Several things that the box score and a stat sheet might not tell you.

#6 - Paul Richardson is definitely their big-play guy. A lot of his yards came off of a busted coverage on CU's second offensive play. Quarterback gets pressured, starts to scramble, looks up field, and there isn't a CSU defender within 25 yards of Richardson. Easy 82 yard touchdown. The 75 yard reception was on a wheel route - he got a couple of steps on the defender and was gone from there.

The quarterback, Connor Wood, seemed pretty decent. Definitely had the arm strength to make the throws. He was very good on 3rd down. He converted several big third downs. Isn't terribly fast, but definitely knows how to avoid pressure.

The CU running attack wasn't very impressive. There was a bigger back and then a shiftier guy. Neither of them seemed very scary. Even when they went power with a fullback or two tight ends, they weren't very productive. They ran a few read option type of plays, but not enough to really have to worry about. Especially since Wood isn't a huge running threat.

Defensively, it's hard to say . CSU didn't seem to have any big-play threats at all. I think CSU's low offensive numbers were definitely more about CSU being bad on offense than CU being good on defense.

CU's kick coverage unit and punt coverage unit were flat out awful. CSU had a punt return for a touchdown and kick return that went down to the 20 or so. Every kick return was almost broken for a touchdown. They finally started squib kicking in the fourth quarter. Hopefully, they will have to spend quite a bit of time working on that this week.

Intangibles

CU's fanbase isn't anything special. CSU's student section was definitely louder and more involved than CU's. I wouldn't expect a full stadium next Saturday, and they won't be very loud consistently. A lot of CU students are only going to be there for the social aspect.

The altitude - this worries me a little bit. Some people feel it more than others. I think they'll be alright for the most part because if you're in shape, you're in shape. I do worry about altitude sickness. This seems to be fairly common over here. Hopefully it doesn't affect too many of our players.

The trade-off for the altitude will be the weather. It may be hot before game time, but it'll cool off quite a bit during the game. Most days, rain showers will roll through the Boulder area in the afternoon. This has happened pretty much daily since I've been here. Typically, it doesn't rain a lot, and it cools down afterwards. Also, very little humidity.

I'm hoping they'll come in over-confident, and looking past us. Either way, I think we have a very good chance to pull off the upset."
Folsom is totally different than Mile High atmosphere-wise.

i love it when people who have likely never even been in folsom for a game opine about what the vibe will be like. transplanted arky guy is going to be in for a surprise.

Concur. A lot of CU fans boycotted the RMS. Folsom will be an awesome atmosphere tomorrow!

6pm start. first home game. coming off a win. renewed excitement.

folsom is going to be rocking.

the students are likely to be quite prepared by that time of the evening.

marshmellows.

balloons.

let's go Buffs!

I don't put stock into the opinion of someone who doesn't know the difference between a wheel route and a go route.

67% chance "transplanted arky guy" is actually "disguised bitter obsessed lammie guy"....

6pm start. first home game. coming off a win. renewed excitement.

folsom is going to be rocking.

the students are likely to be quite prepared by that time of the evening.

marshmellows.

balloons.

let's go Buffs!

What year is it?

67% chance "transplanted arky guy" is actually "disguised bitter obsessed lammie guy"....

Good point. Didn't think about it, but the CSU students > CU students comment makes more sense in that light.

BTW - how in the heck do clouds offset altitude?

Good point. Didn't think about it, but the CSU students > CU students comment makes more sense in that light.

They covered that in Advanced Meteorology. One of many classes taught at the 'Stanford of the Bible Belt'.

My brother, who is going to CSU (going to kill him) next year even admitted that CU's student section was far better.

Suspensions:

Somebody refresh my memory (I know it has been discussed), but Samson and Jeff Thomas are back from suspension for this game? Others?

Back