What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chiaverini and Leavitt

Last edited:
If George really thinks MacIntyre is so incompetent and has hired all of these coaches on his own why wouldn't he just fire him and hire Leavitt or any other head coach? Why let him coach for going on 3 seasons under his watch?

If George really thinks MacIntyre is so incompetent and has hired all of these coaches on his own why wouldn't he just fire him and hire Leavitt or any other head coach? Why let him coach for going on 3 seasons under his watch?
Buyout. Finish facilities. Strengthen staff.

If he hasn't liked his head coach, or trusted his head coach for 2-3yrs now, why does RG keep approving the yearly contract extension? If he didn't trust his coach, he should stop extending him so the buyout drops.

If he is just paying $2M/yr for a figure head, then my opinion of RG is a lot higher than it should be.

What, are you saying the class of 2008 isn't the best EVAR?

Class of 08
giphy.gif

That Dg was the fav of RG.And since it didn't work out he hired Leavitt. There was a lot more to it than that. And DG was not the fave of RG.
Mac2 couldn't/didn't hire a DC. And there were some missed steps in between what you mentioned. He got some help from RG.

http://www.dailycamera.com/breaking...l-rick-george-hopes-prolonged-coaching-search

They way I heard it is that the wives of all three parties made this happen:ROFLMAO:

OK. The DG assumption was total speculation on my part since he had connection to CU from the old days but nothing I could connect him to related to MM. That was more plausible to me as an AD-pushed hire than Leavitt would have been.

Would not surprise me at all if it was the wives who made it happen. I think we'd all be surprised to learn how many coaching employment decisions come down to the wives. :D

I don't think there's any doubt that RG's focus has been on giving the program (and by extension, MacIntyre) everything he knew had to be put in place for competitive equality or advantage so that CU football could have sustainable success... and now that this is in place he expect MacIntyre to win after being extremely disappointed in the 2015 results.

Yes, it's a fact. And yes, I have a source.
For someone who has no vested interest in Colorado other then the fact that you live locally, you sure seem to have strong opinions about the buffs. I'm guessing there is more to it then you're just a college football fan.

I'll nominate nik for this. PM nik with your source and then nik can simply verify the validity of your claim to us or refute it. No sources compromised.

I don't think there's any doubt that RG's focus has been on giving the program (and by extension, MacIntyre) everything he knew had to be put in place for competitive equality or advantage so that CU football could have sustainable success... and now that this is in place he expect MacIntyre to win after being extremely disappointed in the 2015 results.

Agree. Mac2 must deliver. He has most everything he has asked for and it is time to stand and deliver. And I hope he does.

Agree. Mac2 must deliver. He has most everything he has asked for and it is time to stand and deliver. And I hope he does.
And this sums it up. We've sucked. We're getting better. We are all excited for next week rather than angry about our start! That's a fun place to be!

If he hasn't liked his head coach, or trusted his head coach for 2-3yrs now, why does RG keep approving the yearly contract extension? If he didn't trust his coach, he should stop extending him so the buyout drops.

If he is just paying $2M/yr for a figure head, then my opinion of RG is a lot higher than it should be.

Recruiting. And a new staff 2 out of 4 years.

This is his fourth.

Stand and deliver................or................not

I think Lindgren and Tumpkin are much more likely to be hired away. BL has 4 years as a P5 OC and Tumpkin has prior DC experience and being mentored under a ****ing genius. Obviously, JMFL could get hired away too but I have feeling he wants to stay to finish his job of transforming this defense. Chev is a Buff and wants to stay.

Back