1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chiaverini and Leavitt

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DFW Buff, Sep 7, 2016.

1. DFW Buff

DFW Buff Well-Known Member

Hoping we don't become the victim of our own (limited) success too soon, we need the coaching staff together for more than a cup of tea to build it for the long term... Feel free to assure me It's forever and all sunshine going forward (at least until it all unravels and we start calling for heads to roll).

Joking (kinda)...

2. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

It's fine.

3. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Can we worry about this **** later?

unionbuff, Swish, Darth Snow and 3 others like this.
  4. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Leavitt will be a head coach next year under all scenarios I have simulated...

Chev will be in same spot.

/Thread

5. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

6. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Insomuch as it's even a problem, it's a good one.

Darth Snow and Duff Man like this.
  7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Like getting worked up over CU recruits being recruited by big name schools.

aghcsm likes this.
  8. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

I said it last year, we really should have made Leavitt the head coach during the offseason. If we lose him, we're back to square one

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

No we're not.

10. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

dammit. i hate starting at square one.

you oughta be the AD @DrunkPanda, so we can start in the middle somewhere...

buffaholic likes this.
  11. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

If MacIntyre can get good assistants now I'd imagine he could get good assistants when Colorado is good enough to lose its current ones to better jobs.

12. Jeric

Jeric ... Club Member

To suggest all our steps forward are thanks to Leavitt, including all our potential future steps forward this year, is ridiculous. MacIntyre built this staff, he built this team, it's his job on the line more than anyone else's if it doesn't work, so he better get much of the credit if it does. Not to mention there are several other staff members who contributed, an AD who gave these guys the tools to succeed, square one is an insult to them.

13. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

Mac does not get enough credit but honestly if they go bowling this year the hiring of Leavitt and possibly Chev saved his job. Without their addition or similar staff shake ups then I don't think Mac would have finished this season.

As for losing them to HC jobs; that is what happens to good programs and good HCs find solid replacements. I think Leavitt is likely but Chev needs a few more years of experience before someone will turn a program over to him.

14. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Consider the source.

15. Jeric

Jeric ... Club Member

I mean yeah coordinator hires make or break any HCs job really. Look at Mason at Vandy or Hazell at Purdue, they've made desperate changes in order to try to save their rebuilding efforts. The fact MacIntyre (potentially) made the right ones is a credit to him, most guys don't. If we don't get Leavitt, I guess you can question who we do get, but Mac seemed like a man on a mission in his DC search, he turned down Gibbs who had a disastrous first year and then his best players ran off, and had the current Jets DC agreed to terms before getting the Jets job. And his hires like Tumpkin, Chev, and Hagan all seemed to be the right move.

If we lose Leavitt or Chev (really don't see Chev leaving right now), then I see plenty of reason to trust Mac to keep this ship sailing.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    DBT and JOEinDenver like this.
  16. Always BUFF

Always BUFF Active Member

With his connections in the South Leavitt aside from ksu job would be open to any in that part of the country. I hate to think it but after working with Chev for a year he may see him as a good potential OC and offer him the job to come with him & I wouldn't blame Chev for taking the opportunity to further his career. Tumpkin is a given to go, thus the three best assistants and arguably best recruiters would be gone in one shot, not including some potential recruits.

17. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Disluke

18. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Your handle should tell you why Chev is staying

Tatanka™ and FlatironsBuff like this.
  19. Gramburglar

Gramburglar Literally has hundreds of dollars Club Member

Wow some folks have a love for the "we are CU, we can't have nice things" agenda. One game and one win into the 2016 season and the outlook is apocalyptic.

Edit: was getting excited for next season.

Tatanka™, TDforTD, DBT and 4 others like this.
  20. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

Leavitt had no connections to Tumpkin before Mac hired them both so I don't really get why he would be a given to leave with him. And no, Chev is not leaving Colorado to coach with Leavitt somewhere in the south, is this a serious assumption?

Tatanka™ likes this.
  21. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Worry about this later, we got football to play man, bowl is the mission.

22. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

LOL - so true.

Not to cause even more paranoia, but maybe their significant other is cheating on them.

23. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Actually, I'll go a little further, they wanna win the Pac-12 heard a few say it on clips. Well, they have their chance.

buffaholic likes this.
  24. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

We've worried, stewed and lost for so long we don't know what else to do. We can't be happy unless we're yelling "The sky is falling" over something. Our inability just to savor a good win and not worry about anything else this week is clear evidence.

25. Always BUFF

Always BUFF Active Member

There was no connection between the two but Leavitt no doubt with his HC & DC experience hand picked him and referred him to MM. Let's not forget on the HC level Leavitt has had at the least equal to or greater success than MM. Troy Walters was plucked to be an OC, after what we saw this last game, hands down Chev is a better WR coach at this stage in his career. If Leavitt's rep took any kind of hit previously it's safe to say that we more than likely wouldn't have got any notice from some of the recruits we have in the South aside from Texas. This is not a stretch

26. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

Isn't there a good side to assistants leaving for great jobs? Makes getting really good coaches easier cuz they see CU as a place to help their career. Plus Mac did a poor job bringing over his G5 coaches but gets an A+ in his hires since, so regardless of what our coaches do, we'll be fine.

27. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

No evidence, honestly it was almost pure luck that Mac got Tumpkin after what happened at CMU. Keep making stuff up though.

28. Jeric

Jeric ... Club Member

Delusion abound.

29. krom

krom Club Member Club Member

Wasn't there the same concern about losing Lindgren after Sefo's sophomore performance? Probably wise to pump the brakes a little.

30. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

If, and big if, Leavitt gets hired away after this year I would imagine Tumpkin would be inline to get the bump to DC. This keeps continuity, and he has been a DC before so he wouldn't be learning on the job.

As far as Chev is concerned, he has never been a coordinator. He has never called plays for a team. He would not be someones choice as OC at a rebuilding gig, which is what Leavitt would likely get. Besides Chev loves this state and he loves this school. It would take one hell of a job for him to leave so soon.