What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

Venables comparing his situation in Oklahoma to Primes situation at Colorado is laughable. **** that guy
He inherited double digit 3* recruits, dammit! How's he supposed to win with that? But he's a man of character and honor, so he let anyone stay who met the Joe Mixon standard for personal conduct at OU.

Does anybody have insight into last year's off-season S&C program vs this year? I've convinced myself Coach Mo and his team are killing it compared to last year.
last year
d1b0c79a4acaabb0d12faaa77d10b5f2.jpg

This year
Arnold-Schwarzeneggers-throwback.jpg

Does anybody have insight into last year's off-season S&C program vs this year? I've convinced myself Coach Mo and his team are killing it compared to last year.
Not a criticism of the S&C program but it seems that fans put far to much hope into them.

There are three parts to the success of a S&C program.

1. Is the program itself. Truth is that there are no secrets and nobody has a distinct advantage here, small differences yes but no there aren't magic S&C coaches.

2. Is the focus and effort put in by the players. Last few years it seemed that a lot of the players were going through the motions. They knew the team sucked and working hard wasn't going to change that. The top players knew that depth was so bad that they weren't going to lose their positions due to lack of effort in S&C or in practice. This element has turned 100% because Prime demands effort and has established a culture that makes it clear that if you don't work you won't be here

3. Is the quality of the athletes in the program. Recent years we have had a lot of guys who fell to us in recruiting because they were maxed out physically and that maxed out level was MWC level, not P5. Again it looks very much like Prime and his staff have brought in a lot of guys who have much higher ceilings. These are guys who come in as quality P5 athletes and aspire to leave CU as NFL level athletes.

Again not being critical, based on what I have seen and the rest of what Prime has done I'm sure that our S&C program is better than it was and likely one of the better ones in the PAC. Expecting our results though to look much better because of 2 and 3 above.

Not a criticism of the S&C program but it seems that fans put far to much hope into them.

1. Is the program itself. Truth is that there are no secrets and nobody has a distinct advantage here, small differences yes but no there aren't magic S&C coaches.

2. Is the focus and effort put in by the players. Last few years it seemed that a lot of the players were going through the motions. They knew the team sucked and working hard wasn't going to change that. The top players knew that depth was so bad that they weren't going to lose their positions due to lack of effort in S&C or in practice. This element has turned 100% because Prime demands effort and has established a culture that makes it clear that if you don't work you won't be here

3. Is the quality of the athletes in the program. Recent years we have had a lot of guys who fell to us in recruiting because they were maxed out physically and that maxed out level was MWC level, not P5. Again it looks very much like Prime and his staff have brought in a lot of guys who have much higher ceilings. These are guys who come in as quality P5 athletes and aspire to leave CU as NFL level athletes.

Again not being critical, based on what I have seen and the rest of what Prime has done I'm sure that our S&C program is better than it was and likely one of the better ones in the PAC. Expecting our results though to look much better because of 2 and 3 above.
1689809834008.gif

Screenshot_20230719-184911.png

Why does college football have so many mouth breathing, tooth licking moron fans? Coach Prime can literally die from his blood clot issues. Lost toes. In the hospital for a month. Could have lost his foot and leg. Has never backed down from criticism, interviews, or the spotlight. But yeah, he's ducking the PAC-12 media days that is full of softball questions and coach speak? I hate some most people.

View attachment 62312

Why does college football have so many mouth breathing, tooth licking moron fans? Coach Prime can literally die from his blood clot issues. Lost toes. In the hospital for a month. Could have lost his foot and leg. Has never backed down from criticism, interviews, or the spotlight. But yeah, he's ducking the PAC-12 media days that is full of softball questions and coach speak? I hate some most people.
Spatch82 cares deeply about the sanctity of the Pac-12. For about another 8 months.

View attachment 62312

No condom fan it isn't all about him. It is much more important that he be back 100% for camp to prepare his team than it is to go to a media show. It is more important to follow his doctor's orders than try to please morons like you.

What isn't a life or death situation is media day, his blood clots actually are a life and death situation.

View attachment 62312

Besides, it was a stupid and illogical take. If it was about his own celebrity and exposure, he would have scheduled things to be at media day. But media day won't win you a single fvcking game or do a fvcking thing to elevate your players & coaches. He's scheduling his surgery to be as close to 100% as he can be for fall camp - which matters for his players, coaches and team performance. Some criticisms make me want to slap the speaker and have him evaluated for mental defect.

View attachment 62312

When a cool breeze hits Spatch82’s front side, they are unable to tell the difference between their belly button and their dick…

Go eat overpriced avocado toast, condom!

(I said overpriced, because I make this at home…probably tastes better too)

Wilbon on Venables:

“It makes him look like a sanctimonious, loudmouth, know-it-all college football coach who doesn’t like Deion [Sanders],” Wilbon sputtered. “So let me talk about who I do and don’t like. Deion is way out there, like Saturn’s rings, with he’s doing with his approach. I’m going to root for him so hard you would think his last name was Wilbon; to beat all these loudmouth, sanctimonious, self-righteous college football coaches who dislike Deion, for whatever reasons, I have my own suspicions.

“He’d better win though, because Deion is way out there, but I’m rooting for him hard. I may go and buy season tickets at Colorado to go and sit in the stands and root for Deion to beat people like the loudmouth, sanctimonious Venables.”

I would say the best S&C programs are the ones working discretely with their local med spas to ensure they have a steady supply of tren and testosterone. 🤷

Wilbon on Venables:

“It makes him look like a sanctimonious, loudmouth, know-it-all college football coach who doesn’t like Deion [Sanders],” Wilbon sputtered. “So let me talk about who I do and don’t like. Deion is way out there, like Saturn’s rings, with he’s doing with his approach. I’m going to root for him so hard you would think his last name was Wilbon; to beat all these loudmouth, sanctimonious, self-righteous college football coaches who dislike Deion, for whatever reasons, I have my own suspicions.

“He’d better win though, because Deion is way out there, but I’m rooting for him hard. I may go and buy season tickets at Colorado to go and sit in the stands and root for Deion to beat people like the loudmouth, sanctimonious Venables.”
Credit to whoever came up with this name for Venables.

Coach Vegetables

Fwiw, a black work friend talked to me about the Venables and anti- Prime stuff. He said that it often comes across to him as, "if we're going to let you work in the house instead of the fields, we expect you to act & talk a certain way and not draw attention to yourself."

Back