What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime on Amazon - 12/7

Sure, anybody from any walk of life can go off the rails.

But Coach Prime is a national figure who inspires a lot of hate. There are hundreds of millions of Americans; it seems odd to point the finger at a tiny group of several thousand and say, "Ah-ha! I'll bet it was one of them!"

Let's say there are 280,000,000 adult Americans. And then lets say there are 5000 faculty and staff at CU. If every adult American has equal access to threaten Prime for praying in school, there would be a .000028% chance that it would be a CU faculty or staff-member. That's a remarkably small number to single out.

So to immediately suspect CU faculty and staff, you would have to paint a picture of a group that is so depraved in their hate for religion- far more than other segments of society - that they would be willing to issue a death threat. And I just don't see the motive or likelihood as being thousands of times more pronounced in that identified group.

Anecdotally, the CU faculty and staff I know and work with don't seem like the death threat type. Also, anecdotally, the hundred or so faculty that I've talked to about Prime seem to adore him.

I have yet to encounter a single "anti-Prime" sentiment on campus, aside from one student who wondered, "is Prime bigger than the program itself? If so, is that a problem?"

Rather than going off on this tangent again, where neither of you will come off your stance, for better or for worse...

IIRC, wasn't it some whack-job group out of Wisconsin who created the stink about Prime praying when he first got there and issued the threats? Probably same group again.

Rather than going off on this tangent again, where neither of you will come off your stance, for better or for worse...

IIRC, wasn't it some whack-job group out of Wisconsin who created the stink about Prime praying when he first got there and issued the threats? Probably same group again.
Don't take this away from me

I don't know if I'm one that you're referring to, but I'm always happy to change my beliefs/opinions, and often do. I enjoy identifying blind spots and addressing them and I enjoy learning and growing.

I don't know if I'm one that you're referring to, but I'm always happy to change my beliefs/opinions, and often do. I enjoy identifying blind spots and addressing them and I enjoy learning and growing.
Referring to both you and rosstr.
If y'all are able to meet and as you say grow and learn from the experience of meeting as you invite rosstr to do above, then great.

My point is neither of you are going to change your mind engaging in intense fellowship on the board, so let's not tie up a page and a half of volleying back and forth that, while entertaining, gets nowhere in the long run.

If y'all are able to meet and as you say grow and learn from the experience of meeting as you invite rosstr to do above, then great.

My point is neither of you are going to change your mind engaging in intense fellowship on the board, so let's not tie up a page and a half of volleying back and forth that, while entertaining, gets nowhere in the long run.
Well, I believe the offer was for rosstr and me to discuss this further with faculty, and my impression is that he's open to that. And I've reached out to him separately, so perhaps this will happen and maybe he and I will both grow from the experience.

But I'd also add, that I learn a lot from the back and forths that people have on this board. In fact, I don't know how a chat site would function or stay active without them, so I'm not sure what you're proposing here. Are you suggesting that we don't adovcate passionately for our views and have conversations around them?

Well, I believe the offer was for rosstr and me to discuss this further with faculty, and my impression is that he's open to that. And I've reached out to him separately, so perhaps this will happen and maybe he and I will both grow from the experience.

But I'd also add, that I learn a lot from the back and forths that people have on this board. In fact, I don't know how a chat site would function or stay active without them, so I'm not sure what you're proposing here. Are you suggesting that we don't adovcate passionately for our views and have conversations around them?
Like is for the first paragraph, PM incoming on the second.

You're ruining this for me

Some interesting stuff in episode 6.

1. We learn about what happened with JuJu Mitchell. ( maybe partially)

2. Prime and Hart have a promising conversation towards the end.

3. Learned something about Bishop that I think we were all unaware of.
When I read this I thought the promising conversation between Prime and Hart was going to be about Hart needing to find a job at a different program

Finally got around to binge this, yep as stated, pretty much a Coach Prime infomercial

Thing that caught my eye was that it seems that Corey Phillips seems to have total control over the roster with little input from the coaches, even him going into a team meeting telling he is gonna cut them

Not acknowledging Gary Barnett as the radio commentator also was strange to me, plus the playing up of the minority angle time and time again got a bit much knowing (and not mentioned) that 4 of the last 5 CU coaches have been black

Finally got around to binge this, yep as stated, pretty much a Coach Prime infomercial

Thing that caught my eye was that it seems that Corey Phillips seems to have total control over the roster with little input from the coaches, even him going into a team meeting telling he is gonna cut them

Not acknowledging Gary Barnett as the radio commentator also was strange to me, plus the playing up of the minority angle time and time again got a bit much knowing (and not mentioned) that 4 of the last 5 CU coaches have been black
Do us a favor and don't watch next year.

Back