What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel 2012-2013 version...

A post CU hiring reset:

Jobs filled:

COLORADO---->Mike MacIntyre
Arky-->Bielema
Kentucky--->Mark Stoops
Idaho--->Paul Petrino
Purdue---->Darelll Hazell
NCST---->Dave Doeren
BC---->Steve Adazzio
Auburn---->Gus Malzahn
Tennessee----->Butch Jones
Cal------>Sonny Dykes
USF----->Willie Taggart
Cincinnati------->Tommy Tuberville
UTEP------>The Steelers OL coach Kugler
W. Kentucky------->Bobby Petrino

Jobs open:

W.Michigan
FIU

The Oh ****, we just lost our coach secondary market:

NIU---->Their OC, whoever that is
Temple
Kent St.
Wisconsin
Arky St.
La. Tech
Texas Tech
SJSU

Petrino_Pajama_Party.jpg

One name mentioned in the Wilner article that makes a lot of sense was Pat Hill. The other name mentioned that doesn't was Dan Hawkins. Of course, the irony of Colorado getting Hawkins hired twice would be pretty funny.

Hopefully SJSU hires DC Kent Baer. His resume isn't very impressive imo.

From wiki
Kent Baer (born May 2, 1951) was a football assistant coach and defensive coordinator at the University of Notre Dame under Tyrone Willingham. When Willingham was fired as coach on November 30, 2004, Baer was named interim head coach until Charlie Weis was hired in early 2005. When Willingham accepted an offer from the University of Washington to be the new head coach, he brought Baer along to serve as defensive coordinator, as he had at Notre Dame. At the conclusion of the 2007 season, after a statistically worst defensive season in UW football history, Willingham decided to let Baer go. In the three years at UW, the defense ranked 94, 95 and 98 in total defense, 89, 85 and 94 in scoring defense, and 106, 102 and 85 in passing defense.(1) On April 14, 2008 Kent Baer was hired as a Defensive Assistant with San Jose State University.[1]

Tee Martin is staying with USC.

Lane Kiffin is closing in on being the most hated man in the South

Kingsbury is the new Tech HC

Smells a little like the Embree hire.

Edit: Holy crap the guy has only been in coaching for 5 years! 1 as OC and is now the HC at a BCS program. Chances of crash and burn are likely.

Last edited:
I think Tech got Kliff a little too soon. I think the SEC defenses were shocked by what A&M did on offense and if A&M repeats that performance next season, Kliff would have been perhaps the hottest coaching name out there in '13.I don't think Tech will be that much differen on offense but I think they are breaking in a new QB next season. Usually when a coach leaves a program abruptly, that could mean the team's future isn't that good.Risky hire for Tech.

Jobs filled:

COLORADO---->Mike MacIntyre
Arky--------->Bielema
Kentucky----->Mark Stoops
Idaho--------->Paul Petrino
Purdue--------->Darelll Hazell
NCST------->Dave Doeren
BC--------->Steve Adazzio
Auburn------>Gus Malzahn
Tennessee----->Bitch Jones
Cal--------->Sonny Dykes
USF------->Willie Taggart
Cincinnati------->Tommy Tuberville
UTEP-------->The Steelers OL coach Kugler
W. Kentucky------->Bobby Petrino
Texas Tech--------->Kliff Kingsbury
Arky St.----------->Bryan Harsin
NIU----------->Their OC

Jobs open:

W.Michigan
FIU

The Oh ****, we just lost our coach secondary market:

Temple
Kent St.
Wisconsin
La. Tech
SJSU

Last edited:
Cannot see Kingsbury working out. He has a huge issue in trying to leapfrog other Texas teams. TCU joining the Big 12 and Baylor consistently making bowl games hurts Tech more than anyone.

Smells a little like the Embree hire.

Edit: Holy crap the guy has only been in coaching for 5 years! 1 as OC and is now the HC at a BCS program. Chances of crash and burn are likely.
Except that Kingsbury was a Broyles finalist and widely considered as young coaching talent. Also has been OC for 3 years, with the 7th rated offense in 2011 and the 2nd rated offense in 2012.

I like the hire. There is enough talent in Texas to be successful at Tech.

Except that Kingsbury was a Broyles finalist and widely considered as young coaching talent. Also has been OC for 3 years, with the 7th rated offense in 2011 and the 2nd rated offense in 2012.

I like the hire. There is enough talent in Texas to be successful at Tech.

He was Co-OC for two years. So has only been an OC for 1. And Sumlin is the real OC at aTm and Houston. Sounds a lot like Greg Brown stats. I honestly think he is a big time up and comer, but knowing offense and being a CEO are very different things.

My TTU buddy is crazy excited, said the TTU fans are delirious with positive energy. Hope it works out for them.

My TTU buddy is crazy excited, said the TTU fans are delirious with positive energy. Hope it works out for them.

Yeah I saw a thread on one of their boards about putting together an all Tech coaching staff...let us know how that one works out. :thumbsup:

Any rumors on who will end up at Wisconsin? I'm still in shock over that one.

Back