What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel 2012-2013 version...

Yeah I saw a thread on one of their boards about putting together an all Tech coaching staff...let us know how that one works out. :thumbsup:
must not have been watching the Buffs the last couple of years

and Golden turns down Alvarez immediately per Thamel. how humiliating. Definitely need to fire that AD.
That was Alvarez' plan all along. "Well...I tried to get a coach. I asked Golden and also made calls to Saban and both Kelly's. Guess I'll have to go with the next best candidate...ME!"

watched a show last night and it was talking about most successful college head coaches these days were second and third choices by a school. Only one or two first choices have truly worked out, interesting

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS

Skip Holtz has been offered the head coaching job at La. Tech, per a source. He's expected to accept W/I the next 2 hrs.

He wasn't unemployed very long....

Jimmy seems to think that Wiscy is going to hire Bob Diaco. Who is who he thinks we should have hired. Mostly because Te'o respects him....

I'm not sure Diaco is a big enough name for Wisconsin right now. They need to get a big time coach.

Hiring an alumnus isn't always a disaster. Steve Spurrier did pretty well at Florida. Pat Fitzgerald is doing well at Northwestern, too. It's not like it's a bad idea just because he's an alumnus. It's a bad idea if he's a crappy coach.

Footballscoop.com reporting that Andy Buh, Wiscy LB coach has accepted the DC position at Cal. Sounds like Alvarez was trying to keep him with the Badgers and Bielema wanted him at Arkansas, but Dykes was able to pull him. Sounds like a nice get for the Bears.

I'm not sure Diaco is a big enough name for Wisconsin right now. They need to get a big time coach.

That Wiscy HC job is going to be a difficult one. They are coming off of unprecedented success, during a time when Michigan and Ohio State were both a bit irrelevant. Both of those schools seems to be in overdrive right now.

Bielema left because they didn't have the cash to keep good assistants.

Even if Wiscy was my dream job, I'd rather follow the next guy. There's almost no possibility that the next coach will be deemed "successful" in my opinion. What Bielema did there was amazing.

Also, given that Bielema was a Defensive Minded HC, I'm not as high on a guy like Buh as I would be others. Sounds like a solid guy who has likely learned a lot and has the right pedigree - but I'd want to know him pretty well personally if I was Sonny-Score-A-Lot Dykes....

FootballScoop Staff @footballscoop
Look for Univ of San Diego head coach Ron Caragher to be named head coach at San Jose State later today
look for our staff to be swiftly finalized if this is true, which it probably is.

Jobs filled:

COLORADO---->Mike MacIntyre
Arky--------->Bielema
Kentucky----->Mark Stoops
Idaho--------->Paul Petrino
Purdue--------->Darelll Hazell
NCST------->Dave Doeren
BC--------->Steve Adazzio
Auburn------>Gus Malzahn
Tennessee----->Bitch Jones
Cal--------->Sonny Dykes
USF------->Willie Taggart
Cincinnati------->Tommy Tuberville
UTEP-------->The Steelers OL coach Kugler
W. Kentucky------->Bobby Petrino
Texas Tech--------->Kliff Kingsbury
Arky St.----------->Bryan Harsin
NIU----------->Their OC
W. Michigan--------->P.J. Fleck
Temple----------->Matt Ruhle
La. Tech------->Skip Holtz
SJSU----------->Ron Caragher

Jobs open:

FIU

The Oh ****, we just lost our coach secondary market:

Kent St.
Wisconsin

That's a good hire for Wisconsin and a nice place to land for Anderson. So much for him not leaving USU, though.

Wow...we really are a turdbucket of a program.

Won't argue that, however I can't blame Gary Anderson for holding out for a much more currently attractive job. To be honest, I think a lot of the limitations that Colorado has, Wiscy has and maybe even more so. Wiscy is not in fertile recruiting grounds, is in a crappy weather state. They honestly remind me of CU in the late 90's. A very solid football program, but not anywhere near a Ohio State, Michigan type.

He will struggle for a few years trying to get his offensive scheme rolling in that program

Will be curious to watch. At the same time, his defenses are stellar, so I don't think Wisconsin will be falling very far while he gets his system in place.

Back