What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

Not that it's competition for Dear Old CU, but DeWayne Walker at New Mexico St. should be added to the hot seat list too. After a 59-24 smack down by Hawaii in cold (to Hawaiians) Las Cruces, the Aggy faithful are not happy with him AT ALL.

Not that it's competition for Dear Old CU, but DeWayne Walker at New Mexico St. should be added to the hot seat list too. After a 59-24 smack down by Hawaii in cold (to Hawaiians) Las Cruces, the Aggy faithful are not happy with him AT ALL.
This may be a good thing for CU. I think Scooter and DeWayne coached together at UCLA. He'd be a great addition as a DC at CU.

Dewayne walker was supposed to be a homerun with his phenomenal recruiting ability. That should send some guys a message.

Rank the available jobs (from a salary/prestige perspective):

Miami - $2-3 million. national prestige has taken big hits on the football field in recent years but still a "national" team with tons of local recruits
Colorado - $1.0-2 million. Pac-12 team in CA-AZ division, history of success, impressive alumni, great campus
Minnesota - $1.5-2 million. Big Ten team, have had runs of solid teams but "glory years" are far in the past, new on-campus stadium
Vanderbilt - $unknown. SEC team, higher academic requirements in a football dominant league, low-mid expectations.
Indiana - $1-2 million. Big Ten team, recent facility upgrades, low expectations
Lousiana Lafayette - SunBelt team. great recruiting area, little exposure/history
Kent State - MAC team. good recruiting area but flooded with competitor teams, little exposure/history

Dewayne walker was supposed to be a homerun with his phenomenal recruiting ability. That should send some guys a message.

You cannot hit a homerun in Las Cruces. I think Walker's a good coach, but it's nearly impossible to win at NMSU.

You cannot hit a homerun in Las Cruces. I think Walker's a good coach, but it's nearly impossible to win at NMSU.

A homerun in Las Cruces would be to see a team improve their play on the field. They are going in the wrong direction and I don't care if it's NYC or Las Cruces, that's bad coaching.

A homerun in Las Cruces would be to see a team improve their play on the field. They are going in the wrong direction and I don't care if it's NYC or Las Cruces, that's bad coaching.

Chizik's ISU teams went the wrong direction as well: 3-9, 2-10. Now his team will likely play for the National Championship. Just sayin'.

Chizik's ISU teams went the wrong direction as well: 3-9, 2-10. Now his team will likely play for the National Championship. Just sayin'.

Decent chance that Chizik was only hired because Lowder knew he would agree to a PFP scheme.

that's a good point. Chizik had an unlimited budget to hire assistants and he went and got the best of the best. He brought a Tough Defensive attitude with him and got Malzahn who was a proven OC from the A-List.

I think 2 years is not enough time to make a judgement either way. Good coaching trumps good recruiting though every time.

McCarney to UNT is a good hire for them IMO.

Minny's search is a mess

Miami FL, Indiana (consulting with Neinas), UNT ( now filled), Vandy, suddenly a lot of jobs are open.

I DO NOT like the fact Calhoun pulled out at Minny. Maybe he's still angling for CU?

Golden has interest in Vandy, why I don't know, and rumors are Minny is looking at Dan Mullen.

I thought it might take some doing for anyone to pry Calhoun away from AFA. Not surprised he turned Minny down. Starting to look like Malzahn is sitting on an NFL gig?

Gruden has pretty light college coaching experience, plus I think Miami would have to pay him some huge money. it would surprise me if he went to Miami.

Indiana looking at Todd Graham.

Venables: "I am not interested in any job, I have a great job here" Translation: "Nobody but Bemidji State has called because I am a maniac riding Stoops' coattails".

Malzahn, McElwain and Holgorson on UT list for OC...

Locksley survives at UNM

Randy Shannon a candidate at Vandy

Graham a candidate at Indiana and WVU if Bill Stewart retires

WOW! Locksley still on at UNM? Geez, following up the assault charges with a 1-11 season and he's still there? Amazing.

Back