What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Basketball News, Rumor and Humor

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I love me some Dan Hurley. Damn straight that in the NIL era you coach your players harder. They're getting paid to win. But some coaches are so afraid of guys transferring that they now coddle.
Have to remind myself that Bobby and Danny are brothers with the same parents sometimes.

Also love that the worse player that was less showy, dramatic, self promoter and more self aware human became the better coach. Not a coincidence.

Have to remind myself that Bobby and Danny are brothers with the same parents sometimes.

Also love that the worse player that was less showy, dramatic, self promoter and more self aware human became the better coach. Not a coincidence.
Bobby was the golden boy and he's got an entitled cockiness about him. Danny is that in-your-face Jersey attitude and toughness I love.
Danny is the good type of obnoxious.

BTW, if anyone doesn’t know the story of Bob Hurley, you need to fix this immediately and read “The Miracle of St Anthony” by Adrian Wojnarowski. Woj wrote it before he became Woj and it’s phenomenal.

I’m firmly convinced Bobby is adopted because his brother, dad and mom all kick ass.

So many people love and glorify John Wooden but all of his teams were bought and paid for by Sam Gilbert and others.
But he taught them how to put their socks on the right way!

On a serious note, I will say that Wooden is one of the greats for his stance on race and integration though. His ISU teams were one of the first to really stand up for that at the time and not many would have let Kareem be Kareem like he did.

BTW, if anyone doesn’t know the story of Bob Hurley, you need to fix this immediately and read “The Miracle of St Anthony” by Adrian Wojnarowski. Woj wrote it before he became Woj and it’s phenomenal.

I’m firmly convinced Bobby is adopted because his brother, dad and mom all kick ass.
I am very familiar with Coach Hurley's story. My high school team (St. Peter's New Brunswick) lost to St. Anthony's three straight years in the state championship game. I was on the BB team 2 of those 3 years and I can tell you from personal experience, those St. Anthony teams were stacked. Going against the likes of Kenny Wilson (Villanova) and David Rivers (Notre Dame/25th pick 1988 NBA Draft - LA Lakers) was not fun. Check out this list, numbers 15, 17 and 18 were against St. Peter's.

Best of the best: Ranking St. Anthony's 28 championship basketball teams​

(https://www.nj.com/hssn-mms/2017/05/best_of_the_best_ranking_st_an.html)

Last edited:
Back