What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

My agent told me that my 8.4 in the 40 wasn't going to get me the payday I was hoping for. Back to the drawing board.
That's okay, I have NFL weight, just the wrong kind in the wrong places.

Oh, and between my recent foot surgery and bad knees I don't know if I could run 40 yards right now so your time is impressive.

If they’re only willing to pay a small number for the $EC, their offer won’t be better for the P12.
CBS made an offer for around $300m/year, which ESPN beat, so it wasn’t a small offer. ESPN/ABC has all the SEC, FOX is about to close on exclusive BIG rights, so CBS is either out on CFB or they can look at Pac 12

CBS made an offer for around $300m/year, which ESPN beat, so it wasn’t a small offer. ESPN/ABC has all the SEC, FOX is about to close on exclusive BIG rights, so CBS is either out on CFB or they can look at Pac 12
ESPN offered $300 million per year.
CBS only offered $55 million per year.

Good job by the players.

If Coach Maile had been one to allow his religious beliefs to intrude on the fair and equitable treatment of the players in the program I very much doubt that they would have had the unanimous support of those players.

Amazing that a college administrator, the school president none to less, could make a comment as religiously biased as this and continue to keep that position. Show's how out of touch these administrators really are.

ESPN/ABC has a lot more channels to play a lot more games is why I am guessing that number is higher. What am I missing here? No way CBS alone could match that alone.

I am just going on what this SI article says, which seems to be consensus.

That article does not say that CBS' offer was $55 million.

Clearly, ESPN offered more, but CBS definitely offered more (probably a lot more) than $55 million.

ESPN/ABC has a lot more channels to play a lot more games is why I am guessing that number is higher. What am I missing here? No way CBS alone could match that alone.

The deal announced yesterday only pertains to a certain number of games.

Good job by the players.

If Coach Maile had been one to allow his religious beliefs to intrude on the fair and equitable treatment of the players in the program I very much doubt that they would have had the unanimous support of those players.

Amazing that a college administrator, the school president none to less, could make a comment as religiously biased as this and continue to keep that position. Show's how out of touch these administrators really are.
I'm torn. Sure it may be a good thing for the Utah State players to do but doing this punishes the csu team and the seniors who won't most likely ever play football again.

Reactions: DBT
I'm torn. Sure it may be a good thing for the Utah State players to do but doing this punishes the csu team and the seniors who won't most likely ever play football again.
Everyone can come back next year if they choose to and the School wants them back

Certainly, but I do not think it necessarily means CBS is ready to get out of P5 football altogether.

We're really only talking about the first choice of each week and the championship game moving, right? CBS would be silly not to try and fill the spots, and the Pac 12 needs to figure out how to get there.

Well, that article states $55m is the deal they struck a couple decades ago
The $300 million number refers to ESPN’s final price. Even if CBS offered $150 or $200 million, it still doesn’t make sense for the P12 to sell for less, which would likely net an offer that’s much less than what they offered the $EC.

I understand your point and would add punishing the fans who pay for the program to exist.

Unfortunately the president is the one who put them in this position. The problem has been ongoing at the school involving an equipment manager who used a racial slur and did not face discipline as a result.

Now you have a university president voicing clear concerns about a coaching candidate specifically because he is of Polynesian decent and because he is a member of the LDS church. There is no indication that either of those things have ever resulted in discrimination against a player or anyone else in the program and would indicate that the president is the one with a problem of discrimination.

In a year in which we have seen BLM as a major point in every state and on campuses nationwide with the conferences making a point to support cultural changes against discrimination these players are simply standing up for the values they and many others have previously professed in supporting the BLM movement.

In my view not only are the statements from the president immoral they are illegal as civil rights law makes it a violation to discriminate based on race or religious belief, she did both.

Back