What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Somebody from the PAC12 needs to change their minds and play ARMY!!!
Our soft as hell football players want Christmas while Army wants to play football and then get deployed. Heck, the mighty Huskers could host them at the Gray Cavern

Our soft as hell football players want Christmas while Army wants to play football and then get deployed. Heck, the mighty ****ers could host them at the Gray Cavern
It’s the player’s choice. I respect t their decision.

i suspect somebody will cancel and Army will play.

Our soft as hell football players want Christmas while Army wants to play football and then get deployed. Heck, the mighty ****ers could host them at the Gray Cavern
sad golden state warriors GIF by NBA

It was stated earlier, but having the SEC place two 3-7 teams and a 2-8 team in bowl games is a ****ing joke. Army being left out just adds to how seriously ****ty that is.

Army's coach reaction was interesting, he threw USC, Boise State, and the Pac-12 teams under the bus for opting out. He sort of gave the SEC a pass, with at least they are playing. I think that there is probably something going on behind the scenes with PAC-12 teams being invited to the Independence Bowl and passing. Interesting read...

It was stated earlier, but having the SEC place two 3-7 teams and a 2-8 team in bowl games is a ****ing joke. Army being left out just adds to how seriously ****ty that is.
1. Should the SEC and the partner bowl cede that position to Army?

2. Should Army wait it out and wait for cancellation?

3. Should Army buy out one of the SEC bowl games?

4. Should Army sue P12?

5. Should Army schedule a game on their own?

There may be other solutions.

Army's coach reaction was interesting, he threw USC, Boise State, and the Pac-12 teams under the bus for opting out. He sort of gave the SEC a pass, with at least they are playing. I think that there is probably something going on behind the scenes with PAC-12 teams being invited to the Independence Bowl and passing. Interesting read...

I'd be good with awarding every team that opted out of a bowl another loss.

1. Should the SEC and the partner bowl cede that position to Army?

2. Should Army wait it out and wait for cancellation?

3. Should Army buy out one of the SEC bowl games?

4. Should Army sue P12?

5. Should Army schedule a game on their own?

There may be other solutions.
My experience with Army is that there is usually only one solution.

I'd be good with awarding every team that opted out of a bowl another loss.

That is not even close to a solution.

South Carolina finished 2-8. That is with avoiding having to play Clemson. They have an interim coach. Why is the SEC trotting them out for a bowl game? A very minor bowl game they MIGHT break even on?

Tennessee finished 3-7. A horrible season compared to expectations. Who wins by them playing in a bowl game? Jeremy Pruitt cashing in a bowl game bonus?

I at least understand why Pittman as a first year head coach jumped at the opportunity to have 3-7 Arkansas in a bowl.

You want to call out teams for opting out? I might not agree, but have it.

But let's stop acting like the SEC is doing anything honorable or something to be lauded here.

I don't think that the SEC is doing anything honorable or laudable, but I would say they are being flexible in this CoVid season. At this juncture, the bowls need teams and the SEC is providing them. Did the SEC potentially foresee this conundrum and the PAC12 did not? They let below .500 teams play, the PAC12 did not. If the PAC12 were anywhere close to meeting its bowl allotment, I could see throwing the SEC completely under the bus, but not when the PAC is sending 2 teams.

While I don't really have a problem with the players opting out (if they have a team meeting and vote, then I guess it is what it is--I don't think that you can force them to play), I do feel the PAC12 as a conference has bowl commitments, and should strive to keep them. If this meant Wash St. or Ore St. going to bowls (presuming their players and coaches wanted to play), the PAC 12 should have been flexible and just met those commitments.

Also, I'd say it is extremely poor optics for the PAC12 with Army's coaching throwing shade on the PAC12 for teams ducking Army, when it would be better if Army were just playing Ore St. or Wash St. with losing records and be done with it. If the PAC12 needs cover, it just says the SEC is doing it and we have commitments to our bowl partners.

I cannot argue with your arguments about poor SEC teams playing in bowls and not being good matchups, however they are filling a void, that normally would not be there. If there is a further question, the reasoning is probably whether so many bowls should be played this season.

Last edited:
Players, in general, are not opting out because they want to be home with their family for Christmas. This is a nice way to say:

This is a nice way to say that the protocols and testing that the players have to go thru are not worth it if they are going to go to a bowl and stay locked down (i.e. not get to go out on the town), not have the party atmosphere of a normal bowl, now have big crowds, while having to remain in isolation.

The players want to spend some time at home during the holidays mainly to hang out with old friends. (always true, always done after bowl game)

I could say many teams say: no thanks. CU may be an exception given we missed out on 3 conference games and most of these kids haven't gone to a bowl.

I think we come out looking good, cause we would have played them if needed!!!

heck, can we go to two bowl games? We can play Army the following week. Twice the swag, and let each QB play a full game!

Back