What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado football is coming back under MacIntyre

It's a long season. I'll be judging MacIntyre on the season, not a single game or group of games. Hell, if they started 0-4 but won 7 of the next 9 I'd probably lobby for him to get an extension.

It's a long season. I'll be judging MacIntyre on the season, not a single game or group of games. Hell, if they started 0-4 but won 7 of the next 9 I'd probably lobby for him to get an extension.

Obviously, but he just can't lose to Hawaii early on if we want to have faith the rest of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocking that this is the content you'd respond with

I am sorry, but your post was laughably shortsighted. Judging a coaching tenure (a big rebuilding project no less) off one game is just dumb.

I am sorry, but your post was laughably shortsighted. Judging a coaching tenure (a big rebuilding project no less) off one game is just dumb.

It's year 3, losing to a bad team like Hawaii would be a bad sign for him.

That good enough for you?

Obviously, but he just can't lose to Hawaii early on if we want to have faith the rest of the year

No, not really. Maybe your Superfan bravado is just an act if one game is enough to shake your faith.

That's the problem, though. Either you're going to let the season and OOC schedule play out and judge him and the team on the entire body of work, or you're going to judge him after the first game.

Obviously, nobody will be happy with a Loss in Hawaii, but calling for MM's head and proclaiming he isn't the guy solely based on week 1, shouldn't be the course of action if you're willing to look at the body of work.

Would faith be restored if a week one loss is followed up by 3 straight wins?

No, not really. Maybe your Superfan bravado is just an act if one game is enough to shake your faith.

Wow, so you complained about not having expectations. Now you're complaining about having expectations. Like a damn woman over here.

Sorry I don't see losing to a bad Hawaii team as an acceptable result in year 3.

Wow, so you complained about not having expectations. Now you're complaining about having expectations. Like a damn woman over here.

Sorry I don't see losing to a bad Hawaii team as an acceptable result in year 3.

I will judge him plenty after the season, like any rational person would in this situation. Sick burn though.

I will judge him plenty after the season, like any rational person would in this situation. Sick burn though.

Wasn't really a burn, just a statement coming from observation. Good to know you're ok with a loss to Hawaii.

Wasn't really a burn, just a statement coming from observation. Good to know you're ok with a loss to Hawaii.

Yeah. That's totally what Duff is saying.

Take a deep breath. step away from the computer. Take a walk. Go do something enjoyable for a while.

Good to know you cannot really have a conversation about much of anything without getting way too defensive. You should probably sit a few plays out.

Good to know you cannot really have a conversation about much of anything without getting way too defensive. You should probably sit a few plays out.

I mean I'm not defensive here so...

Come on, man... Nobody is OK with a loss to Hawaii, but you're essentially saying that RG should Lane Kiffin his ass if they do lose. Not only will that not happen; it shouldn't.

If this team is the type of team that Mtn spoke of previously, where a loss to Hawaii puts them in a mental spiral into a 2-2 OOC and another winless Pac 12 slate, then MM will be fired at season's end anyways.

Come on, man... Nobody is OK with a loss to Hawaii, but you're essentially saying that RG should Lane Kiffin his ass if they do lose. Not only will that not happen; it shouldn't.

If this team is the type of team that Mtn spoke of previously, where a loss to Hawaii puts them in a mental spiral into a 2-2 OOC and another winless Pac 12 slate, then MM will be fired at season's end anyways.

I just think it would be a very, very bad sign in his 3rd year as the coach. We've beaten the teams we should beat up to this point, Hawaii falls in that criteria and that needs to continue for continued progress.

The thing is that this OOC is Tini's dream schedule. It's hard to imagine a less inspired dog-**** slate of bottom feeders. If the buffs go 4-0, then tini might claim victory for this cream-cake bayloresque patsy fest **** show.

If the buffs squander this opportunity to run the table, then the "wins above all" through k-state level pussy scheduling then Tini's mantra will, again, look as stupid now as it did in those years CU lost to Sac State, Toledo, Montana State, and almost screwed the pooch against eastern Washington and U-Mass.

This isn't my dream schedule. Whatever delusions you have of that are completely wrong. This is however the perfect OOC schedule for a rebuilding team, which has been my argument for how long now?

This isn't my dream schedule. Whatever delusions you have of that are completely wrong. This is however the perfect OOC schedule for a rebuilding team, which has been my argument for how long now?

Rebuilding since 2002.

The last time CU wasn't rebuilding, you still had baby teeth.

The only time you make coaching changes in season is when you have the kind of dumpster fire that can't be ignored. A coach who has completely lost interest or lost his mind and thus lost the team. M2 is way to professional to let that happen so if a Hawaii loss were to happen you still let it play out.

They could bounce back and go 3-0 in the OOC, they could catch fire and win multiple PAC12 games. I just don't see a team that is ready to do that, I think more likely the letdown of the Hawaii loss leads to another season of no real progress on the win front.

I think though that people missed my original leaning on this game. I think that M2 will have the team ready to go and with a much better team than Hawaii has we will win. It may not be by a large margin, Hawaii has played other P5 teams close on the islands in the past but I expect a win. I just don't count is as a given until it actually happens and am afraid of the consequences if we don't win.

I just think it would be a very, very bad sign in his 3rd year as the coach. We've beaten the teams we should beat up to this point, Hawaii falls in that criteria and that needs to continue for continued progress.

I would view it as a bad sign, too, but would not be willing to make a snap judgment and pigeon hole him into "not being the guy" afterwards. Like I said, if we were to lose in Hawaii and then rebound with 3 straight wins, take care of another 2-3 Pac 12 games and get to 5-6 wins, I think we're right back at the expectations that everybody has for the season.

A loss in Hawaii would have me looking at how HCMM is able to get the team and coaching staff to respond to the "here we go again" mentality.

I would view it as a bad sign, too, but would not be willing to make a snap judgment and pigeon hole him into "not being the guy" afterwards. Like I said, if we were to lose in Hawaii and then rebound with 3 straight wins, take care of another 2-3 Pac 12 games and get to 5-6 wins, I think we're right back at the expectations that everybody has for the season.

A loss in Hawaii would have me looking at how HCMM is able to get the team and coaching staff to respond to the "here we go again" mentality.

If he rebounds that's great. I just think it would be a bad sign for him.

Back