What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado or Tennessee

I'll throw out the caveat that Memphis is a world class dump. Borderline scary town, actually.

There are lots of places I've been to that I didn't fall in love with. Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Missouri and Kansas are all great examples of states I've been to that I think suck. Very little positive to say about any of them, in fact.

I won't even go into the foreign places that I've been to that are pretty rough.

In all seriousness, Tennessee is a gorgeous state. Nashville in particular is a pretty cool town. The entire Eastern part of that state is breathtaking.

2nd that on Memphis. I ate the ribs and got the heck out of dodge after that. In fact the whole SW corner of the start should just be called Northern Mississippi. Everywhere else is great though.

I'll throw out the caveat that Memphis is a world class dump. Borderline scary town, actually.

There are lots of places I've been to that I didn't fall in love with. Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Missouri and Kansas are all great examples of states I've been to that I think suck. Very little positive to say about any of them, in fact.

I won't even go into the foreign places that I've been to that are pretty rough.

In all seriousness, Tennessee is a gorgeous state. Nashville in particular is a pretty cool town. The entire Eastern part of that state is breathtaking.

I'm just giving you a hard time. I was reading some of the San Diego threads you posted in about how much you love San Deigo and we all know how much you love Hawaii and then you bring in the gem on Tennessee. My sis actually lived there for 3 or so years (in Clarksville -> total ****hole but BIL was in 101st airborne so they had to be close to base). so I spent some time there and in Nashville, which I found pretty mediocre. Been to Memphis, but I missed the entire eastern part.

Tennessee: our sisters are better kissers than your sisters

Tennessee: a place where you can marry your attractive cousins
Manhattan_Square.PNG

I'm just giving you a hard time. I was reading some of the San Diego threads you posted in about how much you love San Deigo and we all know how much you love Hawaii and then you bring in the gem on Tennessee. My sis actually lived there for 3 or so years (in Clarksville -> total ****hole but BIL was in 101st airborne so they had to be close to base). so I spent some time there and in Nashville, which I found pretty mediocre. Been to Memphis, but I missed the entire eastern part.

I'd certainly put Hawaii and California in the top five, along with Tennessee and Colorado. Not sure what the last one would be. Probably South Carolina. Haven't been to Alaska yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'd certainly put Hawaii and California in the top five, along with Tennessee and Colorado. Not sure what the last one would be. Probably South Carolina. Haven't been to Alaska yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

how many states have you actually been to? There are some amazing places out there: Outer Banks, Florida Keys, Grand Canyon, Maine Coast, Vermont, Nantucket, Finger Lakes, Yellowstone, Moab, Oregon and Washington are sweet, northern Idaho is great. I would hate for you to waste a spot on your top 5.

I understand theere's some validity on having this discussion, but it reminds me of my little brother (the cs-ewe grad) trumpeting their loss to abalama. And I recall several ABers making fun of them for it... I'm looking forward to the days when this crap is no longer necessary for Buffs fans.

The Buffs played the ducks better than the other teams, duh.

The difference here is that no CU fan in his right mind is saying anyone from the outside should be impressed with the Buffs following that ass beating we took on Saturday. But for those of us who have followed the team closely or have watched Oregon a lot, it's clear that the Buffs have improved and made the Ducks work for it more than most teams have been able to. Still a very long way to go and I'm not claiming "moral victory" or any sort of bragging rights, but I do believe we saw some positive signs during that drubbing.

Just moved to Maryland, so the "CUBUFFS" plate will be available soon. I'll let you know when I mail them in..
Welcome. Sorry you had to move here, but you might check out the possibility of getting plates with the CU logo on them.

The difference here is that no CU fan in his right mind is saying anyone from the outside should be impressed with the Buffs following that ass beating we took on Saturday. But for those of us who have followed the team closely or have watched Oregon a lot, it's clear that the Buffs have improved and made the Ducks work for it more than most teams have been able to. Still a very long way to go and I'm not claiming "moral victory" or any sort of bragging rights, but I do believe we saw some positive signs during that drubbing.
I understand the difference, I am simply fed up with losing and everything that goes along with what losing brings. (Hey Lefty, I didn't use the dangling preposition that time like I wanted... to.)

Welcome. Sorry you had to move here, but you might check out the possibility of getting plates with the CU logo on them.
Bethesda, I'm on it, got the letter in the mail from the univ last week.....just have to make the dreaded trip to the DMV for license and tags....I'd rather watch a re-run of that 2005 BIG 12 championship game!

how many states have you actually been to? There are some amazing places out there: Outer Banks, Florida Keys, Grand Canyon, Maine Coast, Vermont, Nantucket, Finger Lakes, Yellowstone, Moab, Oregon and Washington are sweet, northern Idaho is great. I would hate for you to waste a spot on your top 5.

I have not been to Alaska, Idaho, Michigan or Vermont.

I have not been to Alaska, Idaho, Michigan or Vermont.

I was actually trying to get to all 50 states (had to spend the night for it to count). After spending time in places like Mississippi, I changed my mind and just keep going back to the nice places.

It's not so much a moral victory over Oregon as it is just happiness that we can see actual progress against great teams. I halfway expected no progress against top teams and only minimal progress against bad teams. So....progress. we can be cautiously optomistic over seeing some of that for the first time in years

I was actually trying to get to all 50 states (had to spend the night for it to count). After spending time in places like Mississippi, I changed my mind and just keep going back to the nice places.

We're heading to Michigan next Summer. Going to spend a few days at Macinac Island to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Mrs. Sacky loves the movie "Somewhere in Time", which was filmed at the Grand Hotel on Macinac. Alaska will be on a cruise someday. Idaho will probably get by heading up to Yellowstone and camping. Vermont will be tricky. Not sure how we'll get that one.

We're heading to Michigan next Summer. Going to spend a few days at Macinac Island to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Mrs. Sacky loves the movie "Somewhere in Time", which was filmed at the Grand Hotel on Macinac. Alaska will be on a cruise someday. Idaho will probably get by heading up to Yellowstone and camping. Vermont will be tricky. Not sure how we'll get that one.

There's always the Vermont Maple Festival
http://www.vtmaplefestival.org/

I'm lukewarm toward New England, despite (or because of) owning a house on Cape Cod, but I do love me some Vermont. Make that a point.

I'm lukewarm toward New England, despite (or because of) owning a house on Cape Cod, but I do love me some Vermont. Make that a point.

I absolutely love Cape Cod. I've probably said that before. It's like getting in a time machine and going back to 1960. It doesn't hurt that my college roommate lives there.

I enjoy visiting just about anywhere. The list of places I actually want to live is pretty damn short, though.

I absolutely love Cape Cod. I've probably said that before. It's like getting in a time machine and going back to 1960. It doesn't hurt that my college roommate lives there.

It has its moments, I concur. But ultimately the people of New England are not my people, nor am I their's.

I enjoy visiting just about anywhere. The list of places I actually want to live is pretty damn short, though.

Bingo. I've been to over 500 cities in 38 countries in the past 14 years and the only place I can see myself living would be Canberra; it's a distant second.

**** it. I don't think it's claiming a moral victory to look at your team and say, hey, we're not as ****ty as we have been.

Oregon's a great team and an example of where we want to be. They annihilated us two years ago, scored 70 on us last year, and to use that dreadful term, we 'competed' much better this year.

I had to listen to it on the radio - that was painful - but I genuinely felt like Oregon actually had to work to put us away in the second quarter. Yeah, we were put away in the second quarter, and that sucks, but we just rolled over in the past two years' games.

So hey - progress.

Back