What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Murray State is going to get the win. Huge for them as Tennessee State was only one loss behind them in 3rd heading into this. Murray State moves to 18-5 and 9-2 in the OVC.

Keep an eye on February 23rd when South Dakota State and Nate Wolters visit Murray State and Isaiah Canaan. Wolters scored 53 the other night and we know about Canaan. It could be epic.

Too bad Wyoming came out flat tonight. They're better than Boise State. Tough loss.

CU opponents in action Sunday

Cal at Arizona -- Wildcats have been surprisingly vulnerable at times this season. One unexpected slip up in a game like this, and they will be in jeopardy of not winning the regular season as they still visit CU and UCLA down the stretch. Cal is even with CU in the standings at 5-5 right now and fighting for the NIT, but they have a pretty tough finish with UCLA, at Oregon, CU and Stanford still remaining. We'll be ahead of Cal when all is done

Washington at USC -- Two more teams equal with CU in the standings at 5-5. Both these teams have rough schedules to finish the season, but Washington is definitely more of a threat to beat out CU in the seeding than USC. Thus, a USC win is in our interest tomorrow IMO, especially because USC is on the brink of getting inside the top 100 in the RPI as they're currently 106th.

Hartford hosts Stony Brook -- BIG opportunity for Hartford. Stony Brook is the best team in the America East and has a solid RPI of 82nd. This would be a huge boost for us if Hartford can hold home court.

Regarding Washington & USC, they're also both teams we play once. We own the tiebreaker over USC, but Washington has it over us.

Hartford just beat Stony Brook, which had been in 1st place in their conference and had the #83 RPI. Huge, huge win. Hartford should get a great bump from #182. Very nice win for our SOS.

Hartford just beat Stony Brook, which had been in 1st place in their conference and had the #83 RPI. Huge, huge win. Hartford should get a great bump from #182. Very nice win for our SOS.

This is huge. Stony Brook and that 83 RPI is going to give us a vital boost. Hartford is turning into a much better win than expected

This is huge. Stony Brook and that 83 RPI is going to give us a vital boost. Hartford is turning into a much better win than expected

We're up to #19 in the RPI after starting the day at #21.

We've got to win tonight.

We're up to #19 in the RPI after starting the day at #21.

We've got to win tonight.

Tonight is our last legitimate chance for a bad loss (we aren't losing to Utah or Oregon State at home). Win this and we're in the drivers seat to Dance

Last edited:
we are talking about a hartfrod stag game at allbuffs....on page 83 of a CU rpi thread.

we have come a long ways my friends....

so I know that an Arizona loss helps us in the pac-12 standings but I kind of want to see them win. With the losses in the top 5 Arizona could move up tomorrow, making the beat down the cats receive on valentines day that much sweeter

so I know that an Arizona loss helps us in the pac-12 standings but I kind of want to see them win. With the losses in the top 5 Arizona could move up tomorrow, making the beat down the cats receive on valentines day that much sweeter

No chance of catching Arizona after the robbery in Tucson, so you're right, there's no reason to hope for Arizona losses at this point, really. It's sad because we'd be competing to be regular season champions right now, but what's happened has happened.

No chance of catching Arizona after the robbery in Tucson, so you're right, there's no reason to hope for Arizona losses at this point, really. It's sad because we'd be competing to be regular season champions right now, but what's happened has happened.

That loss stings in more ways than one that's for sure. I want them to be around #3 when we play them this Thursday.

Cal up 61-55 at Arizona, plenty of time left though. Arizona loses this and suddenly many things come into play...

Yes, especially when the Wildcats still must play CU, UCLA, and ASU.. Maybe you include Washington in there too. But it tightens up the race again. Now I don't think the buffs have a shot at the regular season crown, but I am more focused on getting into the top 4 for tournament play.

Yes, especially when the Wildcats still must play CU, UCLA, and ASU.. Maybe you include Washington in there too. But it tightens up the race again. Now I don't think the buffs have a shot at the regular season crown, but I am more focused on getting into the top 4 for tournament play.

Yep between Zona and UCLA, especially with us not owning the tiebreaker, the regular season crown would require a miracle. But Arizona falling back to 3 losses tonight would really open things up for the race for 1-4. The downside is it would keep Cal as a threat for competing for 4th as well as they'd improve to 6-5.

And...we just need to beat ****ing Oregon State or this is all moot when it comes to CU.

CU opponents in action Sunday

Cal at Arizona -- Wildcats have been surprisingly vulnerable at times this season. One unexpected slip up in a game like this, and they will be in jeopardy of not winning the regular season as they still visit CU and UCLA down the stretch. Cal is even with CU in the standings at 5-5 right now and fighting for the NIT, but they have a pretty tough finish with UCLA, at Oregon, CU and Stanford still remaining. We'll be ahead of Cal when all is done

Washington at USC -- Two more teams equal with CU in the standings at 5-5. Both these teams have rough schedules to finish the season, but Washington is definitely more of a threat to beat out CU in the seeding than USC. Thus, a USC win is in our interest tomorrow IMO, especially because USC is on the brink of getting inside the top 100 in the RPI as they're currently 106th.

Hartford hosts Stony Brook -- BIG opportunity for Hartford. Stony Brook is the best team in the America East and has a solid RPI of 82nd. This would be a huge boost for us if Hartford can hold home court.

Just sayin'.

Now people can stop rolling their eyes when I criticize Arizona :thumbsup:

Pac-12 is WIDE OPEN folks

holy ****... did not see that happening tonight in Tucson. It was a win win for us tonight no matter who won, so now first place gets a little closer to us in the standings

holy ****... did not see that happening tonight in Tucson. It was a win win for us tonight no matter who won, so now first place gets a little closer to us in the standings

Have to chuckle at anyone who thought Arizona deserved a potential 1 seed. I would be LICKING MY CHOPS if I got Zona as a 2 or 3 seed in my bracket in the Dance.

That's news to be that ASU wants to win it. They looked like **** and lost to Stanford at home yesterday.
Fair nuff. I would agree with nik and say CU - but that utah loss is killing that buzz. Can't even say UCLA. All we want to be is in the top 4. Nothing else matters. Top 4 for us guarantees the tourney and a las vegas bye. Other than that, any team in vegas can beat any other team. There is no one I want to avoid all that much. UCLA could melt down at any moment. We have proven we can play with zona...

Actually, only team I want to avoid is Oregon. If healthy, yikes.

Back