What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Just sayin'.

Now people can stop rolling their eyes when I criticize Arizona :thumbsup:

Pac-12 is WIDE OPEN folks

I'm with you on AZ: Miller is damned mediocre as a game-day coach! His rep is mostly built on recruiting and that one fabulous run in the Dance, courtesy Derrick Williams, perhaps the least-heralded of Miller's recruits in that class. With his Recruiting classes consistently in the top 10, Miller has no excuses for his team's lapses. He should be Kansas-like, No 1 seed material every year, with all the talent he brings in.

I'm with you on AZ: Miller is damned mediocre as a game-day coach! His rep is mostly built on recruiting and that one fabulous run in the Dance, courtesy Derrick Williams, perhaps the least-heralded of Miller's recruits in that class. With his Recruiting classes consistently in the top 10, Miller has no excuses for his team's lapses. He should be Kansas-like, No 1 seed material every year, with all the talent he brings in.

Miller is just like his brother Archie as a head coach -- soft, and their teams show it. They have a great understanding of the game and Arizona recruits lights out, but they just lack killer instinct.

USC took down Washington, 71-60. Very good result for us.

Yep. USC will now likely move into the top 100 RPI and no need to worry about them being tied with us at 6-5, as they have a brutal 4 game stretch now.

Washington is now behind us at 5-6, and tonight showed they're a demoralized, worn down team. They won't be posing a challenge to catch us with Oregon, at Arizona, at Arizona State and UCLA left on their schedule. In fact, now it's time to start pulling for Washington to pull an upset or two to help us catch a team or or two like ASU or Oregon

A few CU opponents in action on Monday

Kansas hosts Kansas State. This should be an interesting one. KU has lost 3 in a row for the first time in forever, and it's clear that they're completely out of funk. Even with the game in Phog, this is a tall task for the Jayhawks. K-State is playing excellent ball in Weber's first year in Manhattan. A KU loss here would put them in serious danger of not winning the Big XII regular season, as KSU enters at 8-2 and KU at 7-3, with Okie Lite also sitting 7-3.

Wofford takes the short trip up to the mountain town of Cullowhee, NC to face Western Carolina. This is a winnable game for a Wofford team finally getting their momentum back after winning two straight to improve to 10-15 and 4-8 in the SoCon. Western Carolina is 9-15, 6-6 in the SoCon.

Texas Southern at Grambling. Here comes yet another Texas Southern win for us. What a turnaround for this Texas Southern team that started the season 1-13 and will improve to 11-14 and 10-2 in the SWAC after they win tomorrow. You may wonder how I'm so sure they'll beat Grambling, well...Grambling's record is 0-21. It's a shame Texas Southern can't make the Big Dance, as they're tied for first in the SWAC and playing the best basketball.

Wofford lost by 1 at W Carolina. Too bad. Winnable upset opportunity.

P.S. It is very weird that this thread, Bubble watch and last night's game thread are all on Page 2. #basketballschool

Funny you say that Nik. I was thinking about the men's and ladies teams having rpi's less than 30 today, and the "basketball school" thought struck me.

My how things have changed.

TX-Southern rolled, 80-52. They're now 11-14.

And it looks like KU woke up. I guess a rivalry game was what they needed. 83-62 over KSU tonight.

:gobuffs:

None of our opponents are in action on Tuesday.

Funny you say that Nik. I was thinking about the men's and ladies teams having rpi's less than 30 today, and the "basketball school" thought struck me.

My how things have changed.

Add in the national props for the C-Unit and "Sold Out" signs at CEC, even during Christmas break, as well!

Thank you, Mike Bohn! (erf! erf! erf!)

Wednesday games we care about:

Dayton (13-10, 3-6) with an RPI of #111 is at Rhode Island (6-16, 1-8). Road wins are a nice RPI boost, even against bad teams. We need them to find their way into the Top 100.

Hartford (14-10, 7-4) with an RPI of #170 is at Maine (9-15, 4-7). Same comment as with Dayton, but Top 150.

Arizona State (18-6, 7-4) with an RPI of #67 is at Utah (10-13, 2-9) with an RPI of #178. I'm cheering for Utah. We need that not to be an awful loss for us and to pass the Sun Devils in the Pac-12 standings this week.

Baylor (15-8, 6-4) with an RPI of #54 hosts West Virginia (12-11, 5-5). A win here could get Baylor back to Top 50 for us.

Air Force (14-8, 5-4) with an RPI of #72 hosts UNLV (18-6, 5-4). Dare to dream that the Zoomies keep finding wins to stay in the Top 100.

Wyoming (16-7, 2-7) with an RPI of #61 hosts Nevada (12-11, 3-6). Cowboys need this one. Please get it together and finish Top 50.

Fresno State (8-14, 2-7) with an RPI of #162 hosts #19 New Mexico (20-4, 7-2). This would be a miracle win. How sweet it would be.

#24 CSU (19-4, 6-2) with an RPI of #15 hosts San Diego State (8-5, 6-3). CSU win gives us a bump, but a loss wouldn't hurt much.

Oregon State (12-12, 2-9) with an RPI of #176 is at Washington State (11-13, 2-9) with an RPI of #175. We want the Beavs since we play them twice. But we want both to remain as Top 200 road wins so it would be nice if Wazzu found a win or two down the stretch.

#23 Oregon (19-5, 8-3) with an RPI of #42 is at Washington (13-11, 8-6) with an RPI of #82. We want the Huskies in this one. It would give us a chance to catch the Ducks in the standings and Oregon should roll the rest of the way except against us and maybe a split of their Cal-Furd home week to finish Top 50.

This is an absolutely huge night for us and it could end up breaking very well. Matchups are in our favor on paper.

Dayton falls 75-72 at miserable Rhode Island. Dayton has completely collapsed, falling to 13-11, 3-7. This is not the quality victory we needed it to be. This loss will be terrible for RPI.

Last edited:
Dayton loses, 72-75. They may need to fire Miller. No excuse for the season they've had.

Hartford lost at Maine.

Oh well. These first 2 games tonight reinforce the fact that you can't count on mediocre teams to get any road wins for you.

Utah up 54-53 on ASU with 1:25 left to play. ASU ball. Love the PACN. I get so many games now.

That sound you hear is ASU crashing back to earth. Now 7-5 in conference and, if we win these next 2 at home, we'll pass them for 4th.

HUGE help by Utah. ASU now even with us on 5 losses, albeit one more win. ASU's hopes for the Big Dance officially dead as well.

HUGE help by Utah. ASU now even with us on 5 losses, albeit one more win. ASU's hopes for the Big Dance officially dead as well.

Also, it makes our loss at Utah look a little bit less ugly. A very little bit, but I'll take it.

Creighton goes down at Northern Iowa. 3rd straight loss for Creighton to fall to 20-6, 9-5. They're not a lock yet, IMO.

Iowa State going to OT at Texas

Lammies in a 24-19 game at the Fort midway through the 1st. They have these heinous orange unis with ""Aggies" across the front.

Obviously them winning helps us, but dammit it's hard with those jerseys and their fan base.

AFA manhandled UNLV. Won by 15 and were up 20+ for most of the 2nd half. Great result for us.

Wyoming beat Nevada by 20 to hopefully get back on track. Another great result for us.

And don't look now... but Fresno State has an 11-point halftime lead on #19 New Mexico.

AFA manhandled UNLV. Won by 15 and were up 20+ for most of the 2nd half. Great result for us.

Wyoming beat Nevada by 20 to hopefully get back on track. Another great result for us.

And don't look now... but Fresno State has an 11-point halftime lead on #19 New Mexico.[/QUOTE]

:jawdrop:

Baylor finished off West Virginia in Waco, 80-60.

That might get them back into the RPI 50 for us.

Not sure whether to ask this question here or in the "bubble" thread ... but who should we pulling for in the UW-UO game?

I'm so confused. :huh:

Not sure whether to ask this question here or in the "bubble" thread ... but who should we pulling for in the UW-UO game?

I'm so confused. :huh:

I want Washington in that one. As long as we're still in the hunt to win the regular season or get into the Top 2 seeds, we have to want teams above to us to lose. Plus, I don't want our loss at UW to start looking questionable.

I want Washington in that one. As long as we're still in the hunt to win the regular season or get into the Top 2 seeds, we have to want teams above to us to lose. Plus, I don't want our loss at UW to start looking questionable.

Kewl! I can get behind that.

Thankx. :thumbsup:

The Dawgs not starting out too well though. :huh:

Back