What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Utah - November 25, 1:00 PM MST on PAC-12 Network

This seems like a not so humble brag.
Beth Behrs Success GIF by CBS

No one is happy about post-2002 CU football.

No one is happy about going 4-8.

But no one thought it would be easy to flip all that around when the cupboard was bare and pretty much every aspect of football operations (down to the food served) had to be completely changed.

So most of us are looking at what foundation was built and how we have a real opportunity to be a good team with a huge upward trajectory next season.

If you've given up hope and can no longer believe that it will ever be good again, I would encourage you not to do this to yourself and at least take a break. Some of us have and it helped them find joy in this again.
I seem to be catching a while lot of flak for "not being happy".

We did change everything. The staff. The players. The ****ing cooking crew. He'll, the God damn field crew was probably changed. And it got us to - the same thing we've had for the past 20 years.

The anomaly isn't 2023, it's 2022 (and a miracle DC in 2016). The rest is exactly the ****ing same.

We need a complete remake of the OL, DL, LB and S plus DL coach, OC, OL coach, RB coach.

So far we have a DL "coach" who has never coached college football, let alone P5, a washed up NFL HC who could outcoach a team missing half its defense, absolutely no indication that we will change ANYTHING else amiss in the coaching staff.

Did I mention we are 3 weeks from the early signing day, and we have exactly 1 OL and 4 DL committed? When our OL is easily the worst in p5 football, if not D1 football?

This season was a big disappointment. I don’t think we should have to feel bad about saying that. Just like an earlier post said, from the 2nd half of the Stanford game onward, it was a disappointment. Other schools got better. We got worse.

I thought it was great. Definitely some frustrating parts. But lots of reasons to be optimistic about this team. Did you hear a top 100 recruit committed to us yesterday?

I thought today answered some questions about Staub. I now feel like we have a backup QB for 2024 who would give us an opportunity to win if Shedeur is ever unable to go. Looked very good, imo, for a frosh in only his 2nd real game action.

Yep. I didn’t see the game. But sounds like he played well and could run the offense. Last week was really concerning to me. More about the staff than Staub - that QB2 couldn’t run the offense. But maybe Da Lama was right - it was the situation.

I hate saying that.

Has anybody actually met this Zandi fella? Trying to decide if he is a good guy having a bad day or actually the giant **** he is coming off as.

This coaching staff has a long ways to go. Hopefully the right moves are made.

This roster has a long ways to go. Hopefully the right moves are made.

There are absolutely a couple of giant HOPEFULLYS there. I choose to believe prime will get us there.

On the other hand, take prime out of this equation and we are in a worse spot than OSU OR Wazzu. In that situation, there is no hope.

Long story short: Everyone here sees the warts. The difference is you and those like you are too ****ing thick to see hopelessness in the alternative.

I think I’m among the more critical posters re the 2023 buffs, but this is simply not fair. Prime esd very poor in some areas but he was outstanding in others.
Which part of 4-8 was outstanding?

Giving up a 29 pt lead to furd?
Losing to a 5th string qb?
Not being able to figure out a crossing route?

This team was ass. Across the board.

Has anybody actually met this Zandi fella? Trying to decide if he is a good guy having a bad day or actually the giant **** he is coming off as.

This coaching staff has a long ways to go. Hopefully the right moves are made.

This roster has a long ways to go. Hopefully the right moves are made.

There are absolutely a couple of giant HOPEFULLYS there. I choose to believe prime will get us there.

On the other hand, take prime out of this equation and we are in a worse spot than OSU OR Wazzu. In that situation, there is no hope.

Long story short: Everyone here sees the warts. The difference is you and those like you are too ****ing thick to see hopelessness in the alternative.
Have you watched the Buffs for the past 20+ years?

We can always see the worts.

We never do anything to address them.

We do agree - when Prime leaves, and it will be sooner than all of you want, we will be beyond ****ed.

No, you all just want to he sanctimonious assholea and sunshine pampers when faced with the facts.
The facts are not great no doubt. But name another coach who could have taken over a 1-11 squad and gotten 4 wins and a bunch of competitive games the very next year.

We did change everything. The staff. The players. The ****ing cooking crew. He'll, the God damn field crew was probably changed. And it got us to - the same thing we've had for the past 20 years.

The anomaly isn't 2023, it's 2022 (and a miracle DC in 2016). The rest is exactly the ****ing same.

We need a complete remake of the OL, DL, LB and S plus DL coach, OC, OL coach, RB coach.

So far we have a DL "coach" who has never coached college football, let alone P5, a washed up NFL HC who could outcoach a team missing half its defense, absolutely no indication that we will change ANYTHING else amiss in the coaching staff.

Did I mention we are 3 weeks from the early signing day, and we have exactly 1 OL and 4 DL committed? When our OL is easily the worst in p5 football, if not D1 football?
no one is saying be happy, you don't have to be the emo kid from high school who got sent the THAT hospital and never came back

It's not that you're "not happy" - it's that you seem miserable, angry, and have given up hope.

So you're only seeing the negative and only seem to be becoming more unhappy due to others not being in the same head space you are.

I'm not going to argue with you. I've been there even if I avoided publicly posting from that place. All I'm trying to tell you is that being a fan is not making your life better right now, so I encourage you to take whatever time you need as a sabbatical from it to figure out your lane for being able to enjoy it again.

It's just sports. Supposed to be fun and about making friends who also care too much about this and with whom you can share the emotional good & bad. I don't think all the positive things that come with being a sports fan are possible if you've given up hope and it only makes you angry or resentful.

The facts are not great no doubt. But name another coach who could have taken over a 1-11 squad and gotten 4 wins and a bunch of competitive games the very next year.
1 team has a 1-X record this year.
5 teams has 2-X records this year.
23 teams have 3-X records this year.

Maybe we should aspire to not be one of the 29 worst teams in D1 football?

1 team has a 1-X record this year.
5 teams has 2-X records this year.
23 teams have 3-X records this year.

Maybe we should aspire to not be one of the 29 worst teams in D1 football?
We certainly should aspire to be better, and I think we do. Your pessimism might be justified but for now, let’s be thankful for the improvement and hope for more next year

no one is saying be happy, you don't have to be the emo kid from high school who got sent the THAT hospital and never came back
Blow me. I've seen more **** than 99% of you ****sticks ever will. I'm fine, football isn't going to kill me.

Stop trying to be "that concerned" when really you all just want me to stop pointing out how much ass this team and coaching staff is.

Which part of 4-8 was outstanding?

Giving up a 29 pt lead to furd?
Losing to a 5th string qb?
Not being able to figure out a crossing route?

This team was ass. Across the board.

Last year’s team was historically bad. With just one month to flip the roster, Prime took a team that could not compete to one that could.

If you can’t see that, I don’t know what is clouding your vision. But whatever it is, it probably has nothing to do with football.

Have you watched the Buffs for the past 20+ years?

We can always see the worts.

We never do anything to address them.

We do agree - when Prime leaves, and it will be sooner than all of you want, we will be beyond ****ed.

WTF are you talking about?

If we listed the things that need to be addressed to get better how high would you put things like increasing the universities financial commitment, improving recruiting, increasing fan participation, increasing revenue, or increasing the program specific donations on that list? Not only have they been addressed, each of those areas have been improved. In some cases they have been improved significantly. Major foundational issues have been and are being addressed. You are just to committed to being miserable to see it.

The team has lost you as a fan. That is obvious.

Bye

It's not that you're "not happy" - it's that you seem miserable, angry, and have given up hope.

So you're only seeing the negative and only seem to be becoming more unhappy due to others not being in the same head space you are.

I'm not going to argue with you. I've been there even if I avoided publicly posting from that place. All I'm trying to tell you is that being a fan is not making your life better right now, so I encourage you to take whatever time you need as a sabbatical from it to figure out your lane for being able to enjoy it again.

It's just sports. Supposed to be fun and about making friends who also care too much about this and with whom you can share the emotional good & bad. I don't think all the positive things that come with being a sports fan are possible if you've given up hope and it only makes you angry or resentful.
You bring up a lot of good points here. This should be fun and I guess we all just have to hang together through this.

I think Zandi is just exhausted, like many fans, about CU football. And I think the points are valid. I am so ready for CU football to be back. Now. When I heard “we comin’”, I didn’t think it meant in 2024. 😊 I thought it meant now and 3-0 just set the expectations so high. Clearly Fox big noon kick off and espn game day thought it meant now too. With 9 games remaining, it sure seemed like we would get 3 more wins to be bowl eligible.

For anyone who’s read my posts, they’d know that I really thought we could even play in the pac 12 championship. I’ve believed in Prime and this team. I WANT to believe and want them to succeed.

So I agree, let’s have fun with all recruiting and big 12 scheduling, etc. let’s believe in 2024.

But for today, I say we also welcome Zandi and people like him (me included) who just feel the sting and pain of another losing season. They being a reality to what our situation is that can provide some balance.

I think the thing that makes me believe is that for the first time since the scandal I am not questioning whether CU is committed to winning.

So whether or not you believe that Coach Prime is the HC to get us back to the promised land (I personally believe he is), I don't think there's any doubt that he's a catalyst for necessary changes for getting there. He has also proved that CU can attract talent when it has its sh!t together and a HC who is an ace recruiter. That's given hope that's opening wallets. He has, at worst, given a blueprint and made people believe again.

Whatever happens these next years, it's been the start of a new era of CU football that is worthy of our support and emotional investment.

I think the thing that makes me believe is that for the first time since the scandal I am not questioning whether CU is committed to winning.

So whether or not you believe that Coach Prime is the HC to get us back to the promised land (I personally believe he is), I don't think there's any doubt that he's a catalyst for necessary changes for getting there. He has also proved that CU can attract talent when it has its sh!t together and a HC who is an ace recruiter. That's given hope that's opening wallets. He has, at worst, given a blueprint and made people believe again.

Whatever happens these next years, it's been the start of a new era of CU football that is worthy of our support and emotional investment.
I wonder if his "ace" recruiting tarnished with his win/loss record. He got the benefit of the doubt before including the TV networks... not so much anymore. You get what you earn.

Attachments

• 405052321_6875587422527908_1689844548471444166_n.jpg
    405052321_6875587422527908_1689844548471444166_n.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 6
WTF are you talking about?

If we listed the things that need to be addressed to get better how high would you put things like increasing the universities financial commitment, improving recruiting, increasing fan participation, increasing revenue, or increasing the program specific donations on that list? Not only have they been addressed, each of those areas have been improved. In some cases they have been improved significantly. Major foundational issues have been and are being addressed. You are just to committed to being miserable to see it.

The team has lost you as a fan. That is obvious.

Bye
Where is our NIL commitment? Bottom of P5, if not D1

Improved recruiting? Have you seen our commitment list for OL/DL/LB/S? Yay, we have more WRs coming in. I hope they like watching #2 get sacked.

Back